Value suite vs moderate

geoff112001

Earning My Ears
I have a question for all you experts. We are going on a family trip (5 adults and 2 kids) October of 2014. We already have booked 2 Little Nemo suites but I'm starting to have second thoughts. We could do 3 rooms at a moderate level for a little less money. Obviously if free dining comes into play that is a whole other story, as that would be substantial savings (assuming AoA is not included again). I guess the question is: for about the same price would a family enjoy 2 suites or three moderate rooms?

Last time i stayed at Caribbean Beach and loved it. Value horror stories of kids, craziness, noise, and crowds scares me the most..

Honestly, I'd do the 3 rooms at a moderate... Values scare the heck out of me....

Free dining means nothing to us, we eat fine without it, we're not interested in TS meals and doing so many trips we save more by skipping FD and doing room only discounts....

We did a trip once, 6 adults and 1 infant...2 bedroom villa at OKW.... Not bad but not pleasant either... Each couple would have rather had their own space ... After a couple days of togetherness, it great having someplace to get away...know what I mean... Choose wisely..!

Not bad but not pleasant either... Each couple would have rather had their own space ... After a couple days of togetherness, it great having someplace to get away...know what I mean... Choose wisely..!

understand - perfer separate studios for my family/friends.

I think it depends on how the families break down? How many married couples, are the kids in the same family, what is the relation of adults?

We are headed to the world (in 46 days!), 4 adults and 4 kids and are doing 2 family suites. Mainly becasue my family (2 adults and 3 kids) would not be comfortable in a standard room and none of my kids would want to stay with their grandfather or aunt (the other adults coming).

Even though we have stayed in value suites four times (Both Music and AoA) I would choose the moderate in three rooms, especially if its cheaper! AoA is too busy for me. It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Lol

Moderates are very nice.
We've stayed at POR, POFQ and CSR and have loved them all.
Favorite though is POR.

I am kind of going through this right now myself. I have settled on two value rooms. It was between that and a suite. Two adults, four kids. I had to be reminded by my husband that all we do is sleep in that room. The sleeping arrangements had to be the best which we felt the extra bed would provide that for us. I also like two full baths for getting ready.

My Dad always says to make a list so write down your pros and cons and that will help you decide :)

Good luck!!

:cutie:

Something to keep in mind is that rooms at POR can sleep 5. There is a murphy bed in the rooms in the Alligator Bayou section.

I am kind of going through this right now myself. I have settled on two value rooms. It was between that and a suite. Two adults, four kids. I had to be reminded by my husband that all we do is sleep in that room. The sleeping arrangements had to be the best which we felt the extra bed would provide that for us. I also like two full baths for getting ready.

My Dad always says to make a list so write down your pros and cons and that will help you decide :)

Good luck!!

:cutie:

The all star family suites have 2 full bathrooms.:)

Also if you go with 2 rooms the adults may have to split up as Disney will not guarantee they will connect.

CSR also has jr suites. It is the size of 2 rooms for you and your family and the rest can go in another room. The suite is one regular room connected to a room with same bathroom and a queen sleeper sofa. It comes with 2 queens( good for you) or one king in the main bedroom.

It is shown on disney website if interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter