Value Doubles vs. Moderate Queens

Not familiar with the POR and murphy beds but I wanted to give my opinion on booking a package vs room only.

Peronally I always book room only because you can change or cancel without penalty until 7 days prior and there is no pre-payment requirement. You are not required to purchase tickets so you can shop for those separately (I like undercover tourist). Make sure you book a resort you will be happy with at a price your are comfortable with to start. You probably won't be able to "change it" to a discounted room or a package but you can cancel and re-book.

Then- if a room only discount comes up you can re-book, it may mean changing resorts depending on availablility but you can cancel your room only and re-book at a discount.

If a free dining or other good package discount comes up you can also cancel your oom only and re-book that package. Again it may mean a different choice in resorts but it may be worth it. Once you book a package you will be required to purchase tickets, be held to a payment plan and a 45 day window for cancellations and changes.

To tell the truth a package rarely saves our family money so you have to do the math. The above plans gives me the most flexibility in planning !

Thanks so much for taking the time to give me such a detailed response. :)

Do you know if you can cancel and rebook via the internet or if you need to ring Disney instead? It's a bit of a toll call for me if I have to do this.

Also, does having a TA make all these changes to the booking easier? I am presently waiting to hear back from Dreams Unlimited about the pros of switching my cruise booking to them. If it's going to make all this planning easier, I'll also consider making the resort booking with them also.

I haven't done this personally, but I have heard that adding a package on later can be difficult. There was a thread earlier from someone asking about the same thing, and most of the responses said to book the package first instead of later. I wish I could remember the name of that thread.

That rings a vague bell with me also. I also can't remember though where I read it.

Hi again OP. When we stayed at CSR this past June we were upgraded to a preferred water view room. No way would I pay extra for the water view and I likely wouldn't pay for preferred at CSR either. The water view was pretty but to see it you have to have your curtains open in your room and sit by the window. Nobody really does that, at least not us. We usually had our curtains closed for privacy because people are walking in front of your room all day. I like water views when I have a balcony but not like what a water view at a moderate offers.

I've actually done that when we stayed at CSR. Maybe I'm just a bit odd.:rotfl2: We had a room on the corner on the first floor, so I could look out more than one window. It was nice to relax and watch people go by.

I really enjoyed my stay at POFQ - loved the look and size of the resort.

I've stayed at 3 different Values - Pop, All Star Music and Art of Animation. I've never had a problem with the comfort of the bed, but the size is definitely an issue. On the one trip where DH and I had to share a bed, we didn't get much sleep. :(

But if you are looking to save some $$ for more fun, I agree with a PP; bring an airbed for your son and stay at a Value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter