Val's Journal (comments welcome)

Hey Val!
You are doing such a great job! I'm sorry that your day started off in a rough way. I hope that some :sunny: and :wizard: help you get through today.

I like your goals that you set too. I think having some leeway in our goals is a realistic and necessary component to a healthy lifestyle. Great job!

Keep up the good work, Val! Hope you can get some rest before the kids come today.:D

Tracy:teeth: :wave2:

Hi Val! :wave:

Sounds like your day began like my entire week's been going. Don't you just hate the gum on the bottom of the shoe. It's even worse when it's 100 degrees outside, and you have to use ice cubes to harden it before you can scrape it off your shoe. :crazy:

I hope your day picked up and you were able to fit in some time on the treadmill. I think it's a great idea to pick up some alternate exercise ideas so you'll be prepared when that dreaded boredom strikes. Way to be thinking ahead! :yes:

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :wave2:

Here's yesterday's details:

goals:
1.) vitamins 5/5
2.) water 5/5
3.) limit fast food 0/5
4.) limit desserts 0/5
5.) exercise 5/5

food:
Breakfast - leftovers from dinner
lunch - ff banan muffin
Dinner - leftovers from dinner
snack - string beans and lf cottage cheese

***Feel free to ignore the next paragraph if you are reading this since I just really need to get it out of my system and dh is SICK of hearing me B and moan about it (and I'm sure you all are too).***

Here goes yet another venting tirade. I'm feeling like I'm never gonna lose. I had the scale down to 159 on Tuesday morning. Then Wed. it was back to 162, now today it's at 164. What the heck??!! So basically I haven't lost anything in almost two weeks and I thought the first two weeks were when you lost the most. Now I know I haven't been eating perfectly or starving myself but good grief! I have made strides in eating healthier and it just seems like it's all for naught :mad: . I will keep it up, though. At least for March. If I lose nothing then I think I'll be off the deep end. @#$%%^^$#@@ :mad: :mad: :mad: . Okay temper tantrum vent over....

Sorry if I don't get to everyone's journal this weekend. I think the next two to three hours will be the only time I'm home this weekend and I really need to get this house in order since it's looking like a tornado blew through. Please know I'm thinking of all of you even when I can't get to your journals.

:hug: to you, Val!

Your journal is the perfect place to vent when you're frustrated. It's much better for you to blow off steam here than to head to the kitchen! Just keep at it and that weight will eventually budge. I know it seems like it's taking forever, and you're not getting any results, but you're heart is thanking you for your dedication!

Good luck with the housework. I think the same tornado blew through my house, so that's what I'm off to do.

Have a good weekend! :wave2:

I'm with ya Val on this whole darn scale thing!!! Mine is definitely misbehaving as of late as well. Is there something in the air here in CT? Or the moon phases? Tide pull?? I don't know, but I sure hope we get rid of whatever the heck it is REAL soon, or I'm going off the deep end with you!!!!!:mad:
Keep doing what your doing - it's gotta start working!:rolleyes: Seriously, you've made some great healthy living changes, so at the very least you'll be healthier !!! Does that help? I don't know for sure right now!:rolleyes:
Have a great weekend Val! I hope we see some :sunny: at least to lift our spirits!!
TTFN-
Sharon

hey val, i'm sorry you're getting so frustrated by allt he scale changes. but i will suggest to you what i suggest to everyone else...don't check it so often! try to do only once a week, then you get can a better reading of how you're doing. your weight fluctuates normally throughout the week...so checking so much can be discouraging. just my 2 cents :)

hope you're feeling better! have a great weekend :sunny:

:hug: Thanks for the support Angela, Sharon, and Marcia. I know in my head I shouldn't check my weight everyday but it's just so hard not to when the scale is just sitting in my bathroom :crazy: . I am going to try to only check once mid-week and then hold off until next Monday (but I can't make any promises :teeth: ). This morning is my weekly weigh day and it shows a pound loss since last week. So I am going to go with that.

Weekend lowdown:

goals:
1.)vitamins 7/7
2.)water 5/7
3.)limit fast food 7/7
4.)limit desserts 6/7
5.)exercise 6/7

Didn't keep up the water this weekend. It's just too much to deal with when I'm out and about. I can't be running for a bathroom every ten minutes. Didn't exercise on Sat. but Sunday we did a lot of walking so I am going to count that as exercise for the day. We didn't end up at Friendly's after all. Our group was too large to sit together so we went to Red Lobster instead. I had an amazing not too bad for me dinner. I'm not counting it as a cheat since it was actually pretty good for me. I am however counting the ice cream I had afterwards as a dessert cheat ;) .

Food for the weekend:
sat.
Breakfast - half a sandwich, ff pringles, cottage cheese, string beans
late lunch, early dinner - Smart Ones Lasagna Florentine (pretty good), slice of light bread

Sun.
Breakfast - sandwich, 5 ff pringles
lunch/dinner - Lobster Chops from Red Lobster, half a Friendly's Peanut Butter Cup Cyclone (so worth the cheat)

That's all for now. I'm off to catch up on all the journals.

Good morning, Val! :wave:

Congratulations on the one pound loss! :jumping1:

I know how hard it is to keep off the scale during the week. I have the same problem. Why don't you try putting the scale somewhere out of reach after you've weighed yourself? I had to do this to keep from stepping on the scale every time I went to the bathroom! :rolleyes:

You did a great job over the weekend. That Friendly's cheat sounds so yummy! ::yes:: Ice cream and a trip to Red Lobsters, too? I am so jealous!

Thanks for all the encouragement you throw my way. I really do appreciate it. ::yes::

Hope that you have a wonderful day!

~Angela :wave2:

Val, you're doing GREAT with your goals and you can wave bye-bye :wave: to that extra pound!! :Pinkbounc

Hang in there! :sunny:

Val - Kiss that pound GOOD BYE!!!!! and good ridance!;) :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Seriously, that is great news! Anytime the scale moves down is a joyous occasion!:teeth:
Good job over the weekend. When you go out to eat and still stay OP, you know you've made progress. This WOE becomes second nature and we do it almost automatically. And we've got to still have our indulgances - so I'm glad you enjoyed the Flurry! DEFINITELY worth the cheat!:tongue: I'd love some of that!!!:crazy:
Hope you have a wonderful Monday - if that's possible!:tongue:
TTFN-
Sharon

Brrrr. It's cold today (and still snowing :mad: ). I have a big sweatshirt on plus a blanket over my shoulders and I'm still cold. We have a sorority meeting tonight and I hope it doesn't get canceled.

Yesterday's low down:
goals:
1.)vitamins 8/8
2.)water 6/8
3.)limit fast food 8/8
4.)limit desserts 7/8
5.)exercise 7/8

food:
breakfast: Red Lobster leftovers
lunch: string beans and lf cottage cheese
dinner: teryaki chicken (boneless, skinless breast), rice, corn
snack two graham crackers with pb

Morning, Val! :wave:

Red Lobster leftovers for breakfast? You're my kind of girl! :teeth:

Hope it warms up for you a little today! Have a good one! :sunny:

~Angela

Val, just wanted to say hi, and keep up the good work. It's gotten cold here too, and after a really nice weekend.

Take care and stay warm. Lisa

Hey, Val! Just wanted to check in on you. You are doing a great job! Way to lose that pound! Have you been making yourself stay off the scale every morning? I struggle w/ that too. You are doing a great job w/ your goals for the month--keep up the great work! Have a great night! :sunny:

:wave2: Hi Angela, Sharon, and Denise. Thanks for stopping by and posting!

Denise,
I haven't stopped weighing myself everyday :o . I have stopped weighing myself 3 times a day however. At least I cut down ;) . It's stayed pretty steady so far this week.

Yesterday went pretty well. Here's the details:
goals:
1.)vitamins 9/9
2.)water 7/9
3.)limit fast food 9/9
4.)limit desserts 7and a half/9
5.)exercise 8/9

food:
breakfast - leftover from last night's dinner
lunch - little bit of Special K (there was only a tiny bit left in the box) and 2 oz. of 1% milk plus small piece of cheese
dinner - homemade soft tacos with tomatoes and lowfat cheese
snack - 3 tortilla chips and 4 bites of two different desserts at meeting

I'm counting half a cheat for last night's snack since I had a couple of bites of cheesecake and a couple of bites of raspberry mousse. Only counting as a half because I really didn't do too bad considering I really wanted more of the cheesecake (yummy :earseek: ) but controlled myself. This weekend will be MIL birthday and we are going to be having pizza so Sunday will prob. be a cheat day for me. So far I'm staying on track with my goals with the exception of the water. Next month I'll have to build in some days where I can miss a few on the weekends and still meet my goals. That's all for now :wave2: .

Hey Val~
Your breakfast from the other day sounds really yummy~ Red Lobster! I love it!!:teeth:

You are doing a great job on your goals! Some days, I find myself having problems with the water thing too. I do notice that when I drink at least 64 oz of water, I feel better and of course.... go to the bathroom more frequently.;)

Here's hoping for :sunny: and warmer weather soon! Think spring!!!

Tracy:wave2:

Great job last night Val! I agree - only half a cheat becasue you held back!;)
Pizza on sunday?!:earseek: Sounds divine!!! be careful though. I know I can't control myself around pizza.:rolleyes:
You are doing great Val! Keep up the good work. At least we've got some :sunny: today!!
TTFN-
Sharon

Hi Val! :wave:

Now why did you have to go and mention cheesecake? Bravo for controlling yourself. There is no way I could have done the same. It would have been a very ugly scene, and the cheesecake would not have stood a chance! :eek:

You're doing a great job with your goals! Enjoy that pizza at MIL's house this weekend! Sounds like the perfect reason for a cheat to me. ::yes::

Take care and keep up the good work! Have a good day! :teeth:

~Angela:wave2:

Good morning. Is it Friday yet :crazy: ? One more day and it's going to be a busy one. Here's the dirt from yesterday:

goals:
1.)vitamins 10/10
2.)water 8/10
3.)limit fast food 10/10
4.)limit dessert 8 and a half/10
5.)exercise 8/10

food:
brunch - sandwich (low fat ham, light bread) string beans, lf cottage cheese, ff pringles, mint patty
dinner - scallops, potatoes

I didn't exercise yesterday. No great excuse, I was just too tired (haven't been getting more than 6 hours of sleep all week and I am one of those people who needs her 8 hours ;) ) and didn't do it. It's been a long week since I was only supposed to have to baby-sit 2nd shift one night and now we're on 3 and counting. This weekend is going to be another hurry up and run around deal too. Ugghhhhh :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: !!! One of these days I'll have to get a whole day where I don't have to go anywhere, watch any extra kids, and do nothing. Maybe I should schedule one for April ;) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter