Vaccine not approved for kids yet... would you still travel?

Unfortunately, my concern has occurred in some family. This is on the news today.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...d-19-after-family-travels-to-hawaii-1.5404979

Department of Health spokesman Brooks Baehr said the child began to show symptoms shortly after arriving in the state and was taken to a hospital, where he later died.
The child's parents were fully vaccinated and were tested for COVID-19 before travelling to Hawaii.
"I can confirm that both parents had been tested and both had tested negative," Baehr said. "Which indicates that this child was not infected by COVID from the parents."

Given this news, I think I will wait for the kids (even the young one) to have access to vaccines first... The new "double mutation" variant seems to affect young people quite easily so it is almost a different virus from the one last year.

Unfortunately, my concern has occurred in some family. This is on the news today.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...d-19-after-family-travels-to-hawaii-1.5404979

Department of Health spokesman Brooks Baehr said the child began to show symptoms shortly after arriving in the state and was taken to a hospital, where he later died.
The child's parents were fully vaccinated and were tested for COVID-19 before travelling to Hawaii.
"I can confirm that both parents had been tested and both had tested negative," Baehr said. "Which indicates that this child was not infected by COVID from the parents."

Given this news, I think I will wait for the kids (even the young one) to have access to vaccines first... The new "double mutation" variant seems to affect young people quite easily so it is almost a different virus from the one last year.

Where was the family traveling from? Considering how shortly after arriving the child showed symptoms it’s likely they were infected before they left. Especially if they came from an area with lots of community spread.

I will still travel with my youngest before he is vaccinated. But that’s only if cases are extremely low and restrictions here (quarantine etc) are dropped.

The article says the boy had underlying conditions, it doesn’t make it any easier for anyone but it I think it’s important to mention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter