Vaccinated email went out, seems Disney sent out by accident.

My only comment is that in the future if you cruise, expect to catch Covid- not saying you will but don’t be surprised. . Even the current testing isn’t stopping it. Just got off a sailing and a FB thread has started a couple hours old with almost 20 reported positive once home. I knew of 4 families on board in quarantine. We ourselves now have symptoms and will test tomorrow once we can get a test

Just my opinion but testing did catch a few cases here and there to keep it somewhat off the ship but what testing really did was put fear in people’s head of testing positive that they actually ADAPTED their lifestyles pre-cruise. How many people avoided parties, gatherings worked from home just before a cruise so they wouldn’t catch Covid and test positive. The incentive is now gone to be “good “

Last edited:
There are def some types of trip insurance that would have covered you but they aren't the cheaper ones. The whole point is to recover the non refundable portions.
I do think it's likely that most insurance policies (including Disney's Vacation Protection Plan) would cover her mom's recently diagnosed heart condition. I know it's a moot point for her, but I think it's an important point to make for others who are deciding whether or not to purchase insurance.

It may still be possible to buy a 3rd party travel insurance policy. Whether mom's condition (as a pre-existing condition now) would be covered, or a cancel for any reason (likely only 75% coverage) is the question. I guess maybe weigh the difference between 75% coverage (minus the insurance premium) vs the lost deposit if cancelled now. Or taking a chance on the Flexible Refund policy still being in place come January.

How will this affect b2bs? Does this mean that I won't need to test between cruises? Does that mean I don't have to pack between cruises?

How will this affect b2bs? Does this mean that I won't need to test between cruises? Does that mean I don't have to pack between cruises?
If everyone in your party is fully vaccinated, you won't need to test between cruises. No word yet on how this will impact having to pack between cruises, but I'm hopeful it means you won't have to!!

This is still confusing to me from the Know Before You Go page:

Why did they leave the testing section in if it’s no longer required? You could interpret it to mean if you don’t submit test results, you’ll get tested at port. I’d have to bet that they just didn’t clean up the page fully, but it is confusing.
The new information is for post-September 23rd sailings. There are a good number of cruises prior to that date for which testing is still being required. The testing paragraph cannot be removed until testing goes away.

My only comment is that in the future if you cruise, expect to catch Covid- not saying you will but don’t be surprised. . Even the current testing isn’t stopping it. Just got off a sailing and a FB thread has started a couple hours old with almost 20 reported positive once home. I knew of 4 families on board in quarantine. We ourselves now have symptoms and will test tomorrow once we can get a test

Just my opinion but testing did catch a few cases here and there to keep it somewhat off the ship but what testing really did was put fear in people’s head of testing positive that they actually ADAPTED their lifestyles pre-cruise. How many people avoided parties, gatherings worked from home just before a cruise so they wouldn’t catch Covid and test positive. The incentive is now gone to be “good “
so are people that are quarantining during the cruise because they had symptoms and therefore checked? there is no random testing during cruises anymore regardless of length anymore correct?

I received several emails. No testing for fully vaxed guest. Pre-test for unvaccinated guest 11 and under. Can not be a rapid test.

so are people that are quarantining during the cruise because they had symptoms and therefore checked? there is no random testing during cruises anymore regardless of length anymore correct?
No random testing. People present with symptoms and either go to the health center or call them and request a test.

Right now there’s two kinds of cruisers: The first ones are the ones that if they have any type of symptom (or actually have a fever and really do feel like crap ) will either test on their own if they happen to have a test with them and will follow up with the health services- or just go to get tested. If they test positive they will be quarantined and that process starts.

The second type other ones that will walk around the cruise coughing/ running nose/ headache because they “have a cold“ and will carry-on.

I am betting that Disney is betting on the second type because let’s be honest If we started random testing people on board and actually caught cases the crew would be overwhelmed with quarantined passengers.

My bets are based on what I’ve been reading in FB Cruise groups post cruise

This is what I am confused about. When they say "unvaccinated (children under 12)" do they mean that if you are unvaccinated OR under 12 you still need to test? Unvaccinated AND under 12?? I am travelling with a vaccinated 7 year old and now I am unsure if I need to get a test for him done 2 days before our 9/29 Wish cruise....

This is what I am confused about. When they say "unvaccinated (children under 12)" do they mean that if you are unvaccinated OR under 12 you still need to test? Unvaccinated AND under 12?? I am travelling with a vaccinated 7 year old and now I am unsure if I need to get a test for him done 2 days before our 9/29 Wish cruise....
Both. Under 12 does not need to be vaxxed but will still need a test

EDIT: If vaccinated test is not needed, no matter the age

Unvaccinated AND under 12. (Anyone 12+ must be vaccinated.) Vaccinated children of any age will follow the adult/vaccinated rules.

Sorry for the thread drift, but was this the three-night on the Wish that just ended today? We were on that and my son tested positive during back to back testing so we couldn’t do our four-night starting today as well…the nurse did say that they were exceptionally busy lately with handling positive cases.

Our daughter is 10 and was given Pfizer and she has also had the 2 does primary series. Does she need a booster to consider her fully vaccinated.

Sorry for the thread drift, but was this the three-night on the Wish that just ended today? We were on that and my son tested positive during back to back testing so we couldn’t do our four-night starting today as well…the nurse did say that they were exceptionally busy lately with handling positive cases.
I was supposed to be on that cruise and the cruise today, but my dad and I moved the cruise to February since I have a autoimmune and mom was just really worried. Mom doesn't like cruises period. Sorry you couldn't go today. Was curious if anyone tested positive I know a lot of my friends were back-2-back

Our daughter is 10 and was given Pfizer and she has also had the 2 does primary series. Does she need a booster to consider her fully vaccinated.
According to the CDC, here is the definition of “Fully Vaccinated”

“The definition of fully vaccinated does not include a booster. Everyone, except those who are moderately or severely immunocompromised, is still considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after the single-dose J&J/Janssen vaccine. Fully vaccinated, however, is not the same as having the best protection. People are best protected when they stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, which includes getting boosters when eligible.”

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter