Vacation Tips for Women! :)

Haven't had time to read through all of this, but what do you all think about sunhats? We're a pretty fair skinned family and we're going in June. The idea of not being protected scares me a little....

And my kids are little, so we won't be going on any big, scary rides. :)

Haven't had time to read through all of this, but what do you all think about sunhats? We're a pretty fair skinned family and we're going in June. The idea of not being protected scares me a little....

And my kids are little, so we won't be going on any big, scary rides. :)

Yes do the sunhat, we go in August:furious: That's my head on fire:rotfl2: I all way where a sun visor or hat.:)

Do you wear your hat into character meals?

Once inside I take it off to let my head breath hat or visor. I am not a hat person, only use it to block the sun others I'm sure may leave them on.:)

How do hats and sunglasses work out with regards to rides and people who need prescription glasses?

How do hats and sunglasses work out with regards to rides and people who need prescription glasses?

My DH has never had to take his glasses off on rides (perscription glasses that is). Though we don't go to the water parks.

He does take off his hat as there are a lot of rides where we have seen people's hats fly off. Having worked on the RNRC at the studios, we would request everyone take their hats off as the wind catches on the brim & will make it fly off at take off. Addl'y there are sensors on that particular ride that when something touches the sensor, it will shut down the ride.

I wear Rx glasses and Rx sunglasses everywhere and at Disney I just let them hang on my shirt. I can't do the clip ons. I've never had to take off the glasses I was wearing on a ride, but don't forget to grab the glasses hanging! (if anyone does this too) Had many a close calls forgetting about that. :eek:

Hats will for sure blow off on roller coasters! My dad always just turns his around and doesn't have a problem. (ball cap) :thumbsup2

For 2 years we have let DD (then 4 and 6) wear a plain sun hat/beach hat and let the characters autograph it. It had 2 purposes and I highly recommend it!

Okay I have sort of an embarrassing question :eek:

Well...I have a butt that loves to sweat! Usually underneath my butt cheeks which will leave these major embarrassing sweat lines on my jeans...right there for everyone to see on my butt :sad2:

Anyone have any ideas for this? We are going the end of May and beginning of June so I'm sure I'll be doing A LOT of sweating ...

Here are my tips for women travelers to WDW:

- Self tanner w/ SPF 15 - my DH likes it too to cover up pastiness. I use Loreal Sublime self tanning lotion in medium with SPF 15 (I can only find it online nowadays!). It is not tinted and the scent just leaves me thinking of 'vacation'. Because you are so conscience of applying the self-tanner correctly and covering every inch of your body, you get yourself really covered with the SPF! I've found it to be more effective than the highest SPFs because of this reason. I apply this on first thing in the morning and let it dry for a few minutes while I do my hair & makeup (nothing intense!). Then put on my clothes for the day. A warning - do not wear white ... with any self-tanner! I do wear white in the evening though after my shower.

- Shower in the evening, not in the morning. You end up sweating around the world in the morning and swimming in the afternoon anyway. I shower after our afternoon dip in the pool, before we go to dinner. I'm refreshed and feel much prettier for our evening out!

- Bring a flower for your hair! I have some flower hair clips I like to wear - it just makes me feel like I'm on vacation! I smile more and it shows how happy I am.

- I wear different clothes in the morning than in the evening. Morning clothes are shorts and Disney shirts in breathable fabrics like cotton and nothing that will show the wrong things if they get wet :thumbsup2 I bring 'dressier' clothes for the evening but that might include some skirts and nicer tops but nothing fancy because I want to be comfortable.

- Waterproof eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara are your friend! It's humid in Florida but I like to wear a bit of makeup. I bring waterproof mascara, benefit cream shadows (these stick on your lids for 12 hours - it's amazing), and Make Up Forever waterproof eyeliner sticks (they have all sorts of great colors too - I like the purple and pink together, so pretty!)

- I stopped fighting my curls in Florida a few years back. Become comfortable with wearing your hair curly or wavy. The key to keeping the curls/waves nice and not frizzy is product - layer it on. I like mousse + humidity proof hair gel and then while I dry it with a diffuser, I use Bumble & Bumble surf spray so the curls get a nice beachy feel and they stay!

- Note to all women - check panty and bra lines. Get panties that will not show a line and yes, with some clothing that means thongs. And a white bra is not meant to be worn under white - you can see it. Wear a nude colored bra (that matches your skin color). Light padding is also essential. No padding means that when it is cold or you get splashed with some water - it's like a wet tshirt contest for others to enjoy ;)

Okay I have sort of an embarrassing question :eek:

Well...I have a butt that loves to sweat! Usually underneath my butt cheeks which will leave these major embarrassing sweat lines on my jeans...right there for everyone to see on my butt :sad2:

Anyone have any ideas for this? We are going the end of May and beginning of June so I'm sure I'll be doing A LOT of sweating ...

I'll be there at the same time :thumbsup2

I like to wear cotton shorts (I especially like anything with an elastic waistband - not like grandma wears, but something that has some 'give'). The cotton makes it breathable. Also, wear a color that won't show the sweat lines as much. A dark grey will mask the sweat lines more than a light grey. My shorts have a 5" or less inseam so there is less material to get sweaty about. And since they aren't binding my tummy, I don't get those sweat marks around my mid-section (I am actually a fairly small person but these issues affect everyone!)

If you excessively sweat, you may talk to your doctor about other options too like medication.

my new essential is going to have to be a shellac manicure not a chip not a scratch for 3 weeks.

I tried the Shellac manicure last xmas trip.. it chipped after 4 days. Hoping you will have better luck :flower3:

I'd get an antiperspirant spray and give that a try. Try it before you go on your trip though (to make sure it works and that you don't have any weird allergy to it).

In the heat.. for me... sundresses are the way to go. They are so much cooler. And when i'm eating a lot in Disney, i feel much more comfortable in a dress than in jean shorts and a tank top. I feel too self concious in those :confused3

Plus... dresses look cute! So it's a win win situation.

Does anyone know of a good sunscreen you could use on your scalp without making your hair all greasy?

I'm not a ballcap kinda girl but having a burned head hurts like heck. But I don't want greasy hair. What do you guys use for your scalp, especially for long haired ladies?

Anyone else use this to refresh your face?

Yes! I do & I love it! Even though its just mineral water, it really delivers. I spritz this on my face after I apply my make-up it and gives me a dewy glow as well as sets my make-up. I discovered this in the winter and I can't wait to try it during the summer. I'm going to keep one in the fridge and spritz it on after a hot day.

Does anyone know of a good sunscreen you could use on your scalp without making your hair all greasy?

I'm not a ballcap kinda girl but having a burned head hurts like heck. But I don't want greasy hair. What do you guys use for your scalp, especially for long haired ladies?

I'm not sure how you'd feel about this one. You could give it a try. I use it and love it! I brush it on my scalp and it has worked for me. :)

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P232115&categoryId=B70

Yes! I do & I love it! Even though its just mineral water, it really delivers. I spritz this on my face after I apply my make-up it and gives me a dewy glow as well as sets my make-up. I discovered this in the winter and I can't wait to try it during the summer. I'm going to keep one in the fridge and spritz it on after a hot day.

Thanks.. I think I'll look for some tomorrow at Ulta. I usually use MAC Studio Moisture Fix to set my make-up http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/178/1482/Studio-Moisture-Fix-SPF-15/index.tmpl. But the Evian is a lot less money.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter