VA Tech

My friend would have been in the classroom that the shooter was in if he would have gone to class...his guardian angel was watching over him and making sure he didn't go.
And today in my criminal justice classes we talked about VT the whole time and tried to come up with ways to tell our provost to get a plan ready for our college.
I just hope this never happens again. It is just so sad and no one deserves to go through something like this because of a domestic arguement.
Oh and what group on facebook has the bracelets?

"Forget any and all college affiliations today. For today, we are all Hokies." Keep all the victims, family, friends and classmates in your thoughts and prayers.

I posted the links to the bracelets up above. Our President went into action as soon as it happened to figure out a plan.

My school is having one tomorrow for VT.

where are you at school at?? I was reading some of the facebook threads...
and amazed at the way it has spread throughout the college world... to me that says... it couldve been us... and yet... how we are all family in this world.

but I was moved my Professor Giovanni's words... and wish to quote her. I will admit, I may have something punctuated incorrectly or broken stanza wrong... but .... since I couldnt find her copy....

We are Virigina Tech

We are sad today
and we will be sad for quite awhile
We are not moving on
We are embracing our mourning
We are Virginia Tech

We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
we are brave enough to bend to cry
and sad enough to know we must laugh again
We are Virginia Tech

We do not understand this tragedy
We know we did nothing to deserve it
But neither does the child in Africa dying of AIDS
Neither do the invisible children walking the night awake to avoid being captured by a rouge army
Neither does the baby elephant watching his community to be devistated for ivory
Neither does the Mexican child looking for fresh water
Neither does the Appalacian infant killed in the middle of the night in his crib, in the home that his father built with his own hands, being run over by a boulder because the land was destablized
No one deserves a tragedy

We are Virginia Tech
The Hokie nation embraces our own
and reaches out with open hearts and hands to those who offer their hearts and minds
We are strong and brave and innocent and unafraid
We are better than we think and not quite what we want to be
We are alive to the imagination and the possibility we will continue to invent the future through our blood and tears, through all this sadness

We are the Hokies
We will prevail
We will prevail
We will prevail
We are Virginia Tech

Nikki Giovanni
Virginia Tech Distinguished Professor of English
Virginia Tech Convocation
17th April 2007

i've read a couple things that say we should all wear VT colors. some say friday April 20, some say Monday April 23. does anyone know which day it is?

On Monday, April 23, 2007, all are encouraged to wear Virginia Tech colors (Burnt Orange and Chicago Maroon) to remember the tragic events of April 16, 2007 in which 32 faculty/staff and students were killed as a result of a deranged murderer. Show everyone that we, this generation, will not forget the events of that day-ever!

i've read a couple things that say we should all wear VT colors. some say friday April 20, some say Monday April 23. does anyone know which day it is?

On Monday, April 23, 2007, all are encouraged to wear Virginia Tech colors (Burnt Orange and Chicago Maroon) to remember the tragic events of April 16, 2007 in which 32 faculty/staff and students were killed as a result of a deranged murderer. Show everyone that we, this generation, will not forget the events of that day-ever!

Why not both????? I know when I go to WDW Saturday I am either wearing my grey VT shirt or my white on from the last bowl game....

The VT website says that Friday will be Hokie Hope Day and to wear orange and maroon. At first I was horrified and ashamed that this had to happen to my school, but watching the way the students have handled themselves I am reassured and proud to be a Hokie. None of them are blaming, they seem to be making the media take a more positive turn to mourn and remember the victims and their spirits. There will be a time for questions and reviews, but that is not now. Now is a time to lift up the victims and honor them.

Why not both????? I know when I go to WDW Saturday I am either wearing my grey VT shirt or my white on from the last bowl game....

ITA, everyday is Hokie color day at our house. Pretty much everything I own is orange and maroon.

Thanks for the Professor's words--I should have taped it as it was so moving and my DH missed it. We will wear our colors on both days as well. My DD13 and DD10 both wore them today as their schools were remembering. My cousin is home safe, but sad. God bless all my fellow alums and Hokie friends.:grouphug:

VT 1990

Sending thoughts and prayers. My heart aches for those affected directly - and the many of us watching who are affected indirectly. It is a sad time for our nation- or to bring it closer to home our community.

From Tuscaloosa, Alabama

My friend would have been in the classroom that the shooter was in if he would have gone to class...his guardian angel was watching over him and making sure he didn't go.
And today in my criminal justice classes we talked about VT the whole time and tried to come up with ways to tell our provost to get a plan ready for our college.
I just hope this never happens again. It is just so sad and no one deserves to go through something like this because of a domestic arguement.
Oh and what group on facebook has the bracelets?

"Forget any and all college affiliations today. For today, we are all Hokies." Keep all the victims, family, friends and classmates in your thoughts and prayers.

Oh my goodness, that is so scary! He definitely had a guardian angel with him.

where are you at school at?? I was reading some of the facebook threads...
and amazed at the way it has spread throughout the college world... to me that says... it couldve been us... and yet... how we are all family in this world.

I go to Montclair State in NJ.

I was very touched today seeing flags at half staff.... but also very disappointed at the ones who werent. Being in Florida, maybe some are thinking that it doesnt effect anyone down here... but they are so wrong.
I may go and get some ribbon for my coworkers to wear for Friday and Monday.

OMG... he sent a package to NBC????!!! I hope there are prayers for his family too.... they have to be so distraught about his actions. So much coming out now.

TEminnie... try one of the news sites like MSNBC and go through the videos... you can see the section of Professor Giovanni read. It was so incredible at the end of it!!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/ click on video gallery under the headline section. a video window will open... look at bottom right and see some page numbers... on page 3... then scroll down and you should see her pic from the video and click on play.

HokieHope.jpg

Was at WDW today... some sad news there... one of the CMs sister is one of the girls who was killed at VT. I didnt ask for a name, as I didnt feel it was right. I asked the CM who told me about it, to tell the CM that there are A LOT of people who are praying for him and his family.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter