VA Tech

I'm wondering why the hell the school didn't put everything in Lockdown mode after the first set of shootings in the morning...>.>

I'm wondering why the hell the school didn't put everything in Lockdown mode after the first set of shootings in the morning...>.>

I thought that too... but is easy to see through hindsight. Its one of our worst ways to learn how to handle something. And it could happen anywhere... :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

my local news said they thought it was a domestic disturbance and that it was taken care of.

no matter how it happened, we must now all pick up the pieces. we must all do our parts to help those involved with this.

i'm angry too, but my heart just hurts too much at the lives that were lost today:sad1:

Like the above poster said...I am pretty much sure they thought it was isolated to the domestic dispute thing, but there was no way telling that the gunman would have gone on to do more. It was 2 hours later that he went to the Norris Bldg. It could have been the next day or 3, 4 hrs later, etc. What I wonder is...was there someone in particular who was in class at that time that he was targeting?

Some of my fondest memories are of the time I spent at Virginia Tech. Blacksburg is such a wonderful place, DH and I have always planned to return someday and retire there. Seeing the images of this wonderful place mixed with such tragedy and sorrow breaks my heart. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved in this horrible tragedy. DH was an engineering student and spent a lot of time in Norris Hall. Everyone that we know that still have kids there are safe, one was very close to the incident in West AJ and is pretty upset, but safe. The mother had just returned from Tech yesterday and was planning to call me with the good news that her daughter had been accepted to Tech as well. Unfortunately we spoke under different circumstances. We are still waiting to hear the names of professors or staff. I too feel that it is too easy to place blame on how things should have been handled after the fact. An isolated domestic dispute is much more likely and they couldn't have imaged what was going to unfold. Had they somehow managed to lockdown campus, who's to stay he wouldn't have went somewhere else. It's just so sad, those students, Blacksburg, and the world will never be the same.

An isolated domestic dispute is much more likely and they couldn't have imaged what was going to unfold. Had they somehow managed to lockdown campus, who's to stay he wouldn't have went somewhere else. It's just so sad, those students, Blacksburg, and the world will never be the same.

Being that they are now saying he was a student and had been acting calm... he couldve still done just as much or more if he was locked down in an area. I agree cwnhokie... its incredibly sad... for the campus, the community... and beyond. :sad1:

I am currently a college student, and can only imagine what that school community is going through. When I had left yesterday morning, the news had only reported one death, and by the time I had come out of my exam had the radio on my car, 29 pple had died. In the end 33 pple had lost their lives. My thoughts and prayers are with all those involved in this horrific tragedy.

This is truly sad. One of the facebook groups is over 100,000 something members and are doing nonprofit wrist bands for VT.

Mandy... do you have more info about the bracelets???? I like that bottom of your signature... TODAY WE ARE ALL HOKIES... very true

thank you so much for posting that. i will do anything in my power to help. i feel at such a loss and wish i could do more. my prayers will be with these people and the community for a while.

at my school today, everyone just seemed to be in a very somber mood. my professor for my last class gave a small lecture then let us out early because no one could really concentrate. this hasn't just effected one school, however it was effected our whole country and beyond.:hug:

thank you so much for posting that. i will do anything in my power to help. i feel at such a loss and wish i could do more. my prayers will be with these people and the community for a while.

at my school today, everyone just seemed to be in a very somber mood. my professor for my last class gave a small lecture then let us out early because no one could really concentrate. this hasn't just effected one school, however it was effected our whole country and beyond.:hug:

i will agree with that 100% I go to Tennessee Tech another well known engineering school in the south and it was such a nice day and no one is outside. I will see what tomorrow brings, it's just so weird on campus right now. I'm more alert than I ever have been of my surroundings on campus.

I decided to go visit my former campus today (Univ of Arkansas). Something about this horrific event just made me want to "go home."
My thoughts and prayers are continually with everyone affected by this.

Thanks, by the way, for the web address to the bracelets.

Your welcome there is a facebook group trying to work out a way for donations to go funeral and medical expenses for those involved.

What a tragedy. I will keep everyone in my prayers & thoughts.

I work for a college as an academic advisor and am just devastated. This is a horrible time for every student, staff, parent, and community member nationwide & my thoughts & prayers go out to those affected by this. To think that something like this could happen is just devastating.

im watching coverage tonight of the candle light vigil... it doesnt even give it justice i am sure. (but those sirens were un-nerving in the back ground).

im watching coverage tonight of the candle light vigil... it doesnt even give it justice i am sure. (but those sirens were un-nerving in the back ground).

My school is having one tomorrow for VT.

My friend would have been in the classroom that the shooter was in if he would have gone to class...his guardian angel was watching over him and making sure he didn't go.
And today in my criminal justice classes we talked about VT the whole time and tried to come up with ways to tell our provost to get a plan ready for our college.
I just hope this never happens again. It is just so sad and no one deserves to go through something like this because of a domestic arguement.
Oh and what group on facebook has the bracelets?

"Forget any and all college affiliations today. For today, we are all Hokies." Keep all the victims, family, friends and classmates in your thoughts and prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter