VA Tech

I just heard...between getting in the car on the way home and getting into the house 20 mins later, the toll had risen to 30. As I write this, FOX reports another 2 dead. I have friends with a son who goes to school in VA, but I don't know if it is this school. I hope not.

I am in Roanoke Va. now, approximately 30 minutes from Va tech.

There are 22 confirmed dead at this time, including the gun man.

A very sad day in the state. Please keep the family of the ones deceased in your prayers. They have not released names of the victims yet.

There are a lot of kids from here that go to VATech and I was wondering if they released any names yet. This whole thing is just sickening. 15 yrs ago most people committed suicide (not right either!) they didn't take out dozens of more people with them who absolutely did nothing. They should get the help they need, if possible. Of course no one can ever see anything like that coming because no one would want to believe someone is capable of that.

The death toll now has been elevated to 31.

There are 4 people in surgery at this time at Lewis Gale Hospital, along with 3 other people in Roanoke Memorial Hosp.

I will keep you updated.

annie c 99,

can you tell me where you got your updated #s on the Va Tech shooting?

We have friends with a daughter there, they have rec'd a call and she is safe but just trying to stay on top of the facts as rumors tend to get out of hand in these situations. also tyring to forward updates to several friends.

have googled around but only seeing 21 dead or lower numbers. also uncelar on number of shooters?

any details would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

annie c 99,

can you tell me where you got your updated #s on the Va Tech shooting?

We have friends with a daughter there, they have rec'd a call and she is safe but just trying to stay on top of the facts as rumors tend to get out of hand in these situations. also tyring to forward updates to several friends.

have googled around but only seeing 21 dead or lower numbers. also uncelar on number of shooters?

any details would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Our local coverage staion, WDBJ7 along with the broadcasts out of Richmond Va.
If you go to the WDBJ7 website, they may have it on there.
CNN is covering the story too.. Va Tech, is supposed to be making a statement at 4:30 local time. Cnn should cover it. I will try and up date in case it doesn't.
Katie Couric is now in Blacksburg, and will be covering the story tonight on the World News.

As they know, and they seem very sure at this point, there was only one shooter, and he is now deceased. They have said that it was self inflicted.

and probably more are here in Blacksburg, and will be covering the story tonight on the world news.

the last I heard is 32 dead, 20+ wounded. the press confrence starts momentarily.

they are calling it the most deadly shooting in US history.

this is horrible.

This is so horrible. We are keeping the families and students in our thoughts and prayers. I can't even imagine the horror these people faced.

33 now confirmed deceased..at least 15 in local hospitals either in critical or serious condition.

As a Va Tech Alum. my heart and prayers go out to all the students, staff, and families involved in this terrible incident.

As far as an update goes, It was just on the local news here in Tidewater, that some of teh students injured had been jumping out of teh 2nd story windows trying to escape.

Lot of prayers for the families and friends of those who have anyone at VT. I have some family there myself, and also a LOT of graduates/Alumni in the family. This tears my heart out. I am heading to home and all I can do locally for people to think and remember about our extended family (because that is how Viriginians are) is to hang my VT flag out again.

If anyone gets an avatar that is respectful... please pm me with it.

Hugs to all... and lots of prayers again!

As a Va Tech Alum. my heart and prayers go out to all the students, staff, and families involved in this terrible incident.
As far as an update goes, It was just on the local news here in Tidewater, that some of teh students injured had been jumping out of teh 2nd story windows trying to escape.

Alum here as well. My brothers best friends little brother was in the building during the shooting. He is ok. Just really shook up. He has come home for the week. I went by to check on him and give him some meds to try and sleep.

Also, it was the fourth floor of the Norris building. Either way that is one heck of a drop!!

All we can do is pray. Pray that the families get the answers they deserve. Pray that the students can return to a place where they feel safe. And pray that we as a people don't let this keep us down.

I heard that report. But unless I am wrong, Norris Hall doesn't have a 4th floor. I was there 20 years ago so I might be wrong.

I think they mentioned a 4th floor because the Ambler Johnston shooting took place on the 4th floor of the dorm and they got the buildings mixed up.

I heard that report. But unless I am wrong, Norris Hall doesn't have a 4th floor. I was there 20 years ago so I might be wrong.

I think they mentioned a 4th floor because the Ambler Johnston shooting took place on the 4th floor of the dorm and they got the buildings mixed up.

You know you may be right. I can't seem to remember. The shooting in West AJ was on the fourth floor. I know they said they found the gunmans body on the second floor of Norris.

this just tears my heart apart. :sad1:

all my thoughts and prayers are with those not only involved but on campus and in the area. :grouphug:

to you alumni, my prayers are with you too. may everyone hug their loved ones just a little longer tonight...:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter