• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

V &A Question- received conflicting info

tinydancer312

Mouseketeer
i tried to book V & A for our first meal of our honeymoon, but alas, even at 180 days out at 6 am, nothing. I was told when I called that this was probably due to the 180+10 policy (which I now hate since this was the ONLY reservation I wanted).

Anyhoo, I called the restaurant and was put on a wait list. I was told that they utilize this when someone cancels, my fiancé was told they only use the list 2 weeks out, and DSS was too nervous to actually commit to which of those was correct. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I need to check the website and touring plans like a crazy person for the next 5.5 months or will someone call me prior to 2 weeks out? Also, has anyone gotten lucky with snagging a ressie after 180? (Part of me is hoping people book multiple days and then drop the ones that don't fit in their schedule)

They will call if there is a cancellation, but there could be a lot of people on that list ahead of you. Best bet is to keep checking. Is it a reservation for 2? Sometimes those are hard to get but 4 is easier

The only time I get V&A is from the wait list, since I can't plan 180 days in advance, and I often get a reservation but I've never had luck getting the Chef's Table. Best of luck - I'm sure you'll get one!

They will call if there is a cancellation, but there could be a lot of people on that list ahead of you. Best bet is to keep checking. Is it a reservation for 2? Sometimes those are hard to get but 4 is easier

I've been thinking about a reservation at V&A, but it would be just for two.

If I find one for 4, but not for 2, should I snag it, anyway, and then call V&A?

I've been thinking about a reservation at V&A, but it would be just for two.

If I find one for 4, but not for 2, should I snag it, anyway, and then call V&A?
If there isn't anything available for 2 but there is for 4 I would and then call to modify it. It seems to be a glitch with their system because most tables are made for 4. It's how I got my first reservation there

They definitely use the wait list and people will cancel as they get close.

For future use, book a fake room to get 180+10 and then cancel the room after you've made your ADRs. You won't have to pay anything and you keep your ADRs. I've done this a few times when wanting something rare like V&A's and it's fantastic.

We waitlisted QVR when we had a main dining room reservation and were called when a QVR cancellation occurred. This was near our 180 day mark so they definitely don't wait to use it until the last two weeks.

Not sure who told your fiance that but I'm not sure why they would risk not being able to fill what could be several cancellations only giving themselves two weeks to fill all the potential cancellations they could have by waiting that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter