UY Help!

DisneyMom_3

Mouseketeer
I need help figuring out the best UY. We usually travel at different times from December to August. The kids are in school so we will most likely not travel in the fall for the next 10 years at least as we don’t like them missing school at the beginning of the school year. Is December the best UY for us? I’ve seen more August UY and October UY available lately. Please help!

None are going to be perfect but I'd probably go with December. That would allow banking for any trips cancelled up until the end of July. An August trip would be just outside of that but if you were cancelling within 30 days of travel you wouldn't be able to bank them anyways.

December, especially Christmas!!!, is getting harder and harder to book and requires walking. You can't walk across use years. So, I would say Sep/October. That's April/May banking, which covers most of your travel times.

None are going to be perfect but I'd probably go with December. That would allow banking for any trips cancelled up until the end of July. An August trip would be just outside of that but if you were cancelling within 30 days of travel you wouldn't be able to bank them anyways.
So, if I had to cancel an August trip after my banking deadline which would be within 30 days, then they are placed in holding that would have to be used by November 30th (Dec UY). But, like you said, I would’ve already missed my banking deadline anyway. So, December really is my best option. Am I understanding all of that right? Thanks!

So, if I had to cancel an August trip after my banking deadline which would be within 30 days, then they are placed in holding that would have to be used by November 30th (Dec UY). But, like you said, I would’ve already missed my banking deadline anyway. So, December really is my best option. Am I understanding all of that right? Thanks!
Holding points can't be banked even if you were within your banking period so you don't really lose anything there.

As @RoseGold mentions though, if you're going to be travelling a lot in December, especially the first 2 weeks, then you may want to go with something sooner in order to be able to walk reservations if needed.

I need help figuring out the best UY. We usually travel at different times from December to August. The kids are in school so we will most likely not travel in the fall for the next 10 years at least as we don’t like them missing school at the beginning of the school year. Is December the best UY for us? I’ve seen more August UY and October UY available lately. Please help!
Are there any three consecutive months that you'd never travel? Pick a use year immediately following those months.

Are there any three consecutive months that you'd never travel? Pick a use year immediately following those months.

Thanks, this is actually a very good way to look at it, never really thought of it that way. I always thought about the times I will most likely travel and plan UY from there, but basing it off the times you won't travel is good as well.

Great3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter