Using Visa reward dollars at the parks

I was wondering if you could combine Disney reward points from another Disney Visa account to one card.

I just ordered my mother a Disney Visa and she received $50 Reward points for getting the card. We are all goign to Disney together and I thought it would be easier if combine it all on to my card.

Does the card have your name printed on it? My mom has a disney visa and would like to give us the rewards to use on our honeymoon, but if her name is on the card we obviously wouldn't try to use it.

WeLoveThePoly said:
We did!

In early Sep '04 I ordered our Rewards Card (online) and transferred all the available reward dollars we had onto the card. Then after our Oct '04 statement closed I transferred the additional reward dollars we earned during that statement period onto the card. Very easy! I had everything ready to go for our late Oct '04 trip.

Using the card very easy. We used it for meals and souvenirs - you use it just like a credit card. After every purchase the receipt showed our updated reward dollar balance.

Oh, and our card had an expiration date of December 2005. I still have $4.18 on the card - guess I'd better get to the Disney Store and buy something!

Debbie

I want to order a reward card as well. How do you go about doing this? Is their a phone number or email address for the disney visa? Also we are going in late Nov, so when should I order it?

Thanks

You can order the card from the Disney Visa web site. You can order the card any time, since you know you will use the points on the trip in November. Even after ordering the card, you can use the web site to add more points onto the card, so if you charge more and get more points, you can just use the web site to add points to the card. The only thing is that once the points are on the card, they will expire earlier than they will if they stay on the account on the web site.

They are really easy to use. They expire look at the date on the card. If you transfer disney money on them that is when the dollars expire also. If you don't transfer them, they all have different expiration dates. I always check online. So if your planning a big trip and want to use them then transfer then.

Just be sure to check your dates.

DisneyFans4 said:
Yes, definitely plan ahead and order it early. I ordered mine in the beginning of July to have it for this trip but I did get it in a couple of weeks but play it safe and order it at least one month in advance of your trip.

Instead of ordering the card a few weeks before your trip and worrying about it, you can also go to Guest Relations at Downtown Disney and they will issue you a card then and there! You then call an 800# to have Disney Visa load your card with the rewards dollars. That's what I did last October.

NancyIL said:
Instead of ordering the card a few weeks before your trip and worrying about it, you can also go to Guest Relations at Downtown Disney and they will issue you a card then and there! You then call an 800# to have Disney Visa load your card with the rewards dollars. That's what I did last October.

I didn't know you could do that, thanks!

no hassles or problems. Just giv ethe card, they swipe it and return it ot you with a receipt with you remaining dollar total. We loved it.

We have DDE and used it in conjunction with the discounts.

It is accepted everywhere Credit cards and room charges are accepted in WDW.

I just ordered my card a week ago and I got it yesterday!!! I've got $122 to spend on our Sept. trip. Free dining and Free money!!! Woo Hoo!!! :banana:

Rags said:
I want to order a reward card as well. How do you go about doing this? Is their a phone number or email address for the disney visa? Also we are going in late Nov, so when should I order it?

Thanks

Go to www.50disneyrewards.com to order your card and get $50 free dollars. I'd order the card now and use it right away. Sometimes it takes a while for the $50 free dollars to post. I would order your rewards card 3-4 weeks in advance. Then right before you go, have additional rewards transferred with a phone call.

To answer some other questions:

I have read that you can combine rewards but haven't done it myself.

You can definitely use it on food purchases.

The rewards card always expires in December of the year following the year you ordered it. If you order your rewards card now or in the next 3 months, it will expire in December 2006. If you order in January 2006 or after, it will expire in December 2007. The rewards themselves (before you transfer them) expire in around 5 years. It shows up on your monthly bill the closest date that you have rewards expiring. Mine says that I have 14 reward dollars that expire in something like September 2010.

Used mine without any problem whatsoever - I did it at shops though.

My closing date just happened to be really close to our vacation, so after getting the initial card, I just transferred the rest of the dollars on-line before we left. :)

Never had a problem, did have one CM kind of confused since I didn't have to sign the receipt (since it looks similar to a credit card) but he was being trained. The CM next to him explained to him I didn't need to sign anything and he could just give me the card & receipt back.

Everything went smoothly.

honeymo78 said:
Does the card have your name printed on it? My mom has a disney visa and would like to give us the rewards to use on our honeymoon, but if her name is on the card we obviously wouldn't try to use it.

How sad is this, I can't recall if there was a name or not, but I'm pretty sure there isn't. I thought I recall it saying to treat it like cash because whoever has it in their possession can use it.

Becky2005 said:
How sad is this, I can't recall if there was a name or not, but I'm pretty sure there isn't. I thought I recall it saying to treat it like cash because whoever has it in their possession can use it.
I just pulled out my rewards card. No name on the card, just a number and an expiration date. I guess I better be really careful and not lose it since anyone could use it.
Only 47 more days! :Pinkbounc

Also a member since day one. I have never received any free rewards or any dvd's like I have heard from others. :confused3 Oh well, guess I don't spend enough ;)

We plan to use all of our Disney reward points on our next upcoming trip.
If we use them all up and then use our Disney Visa to make other purchases while on the trip, can I call the Disney # and download the new points from the new purchases onto the card while I am still in the parks and use those new few points to make some purchases, too? In other words, download points each day as you go once your initiall big bulk of points are gone?
Does that make sense?

TLHB70 said:
We plan to use all of our Disney reward points on our next upcoming trip.
If we use them all up and then use our Disney Visa to make other purchases while on the trip, can I call the Disney # and download the new points from the new purchases onto the card while I am still in the parks and use those new few points to make some purchases, too? In other words, download points each day as you go once your initiall big bulk of points are gone?
Does that make sense?

The only way this would work is if your statement happened to close for the month while you are there. New ones do not show up until your closing date. Even with that, it takes a few days for it to show up on the account.

Just an FYI -- you can buy Disney Dollars at the Disney Store with the reward card. I hate keeping track of how much is on the reward card, so I just buy Disney Dollars and use those like cash. A little bulkier, but I don't mind carrying the Disney Dollars because then I don't have to try to save receipts or keep a running total. It's easier for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter