Using the Payroll Card and other questions

PrincessDisneyDreams

Earning My Ears
I am going to be a cast member from May 23rd to August 4th and I have a bunch of questions. I am an international cp participant:
Q1. Can I withdraw all the money from my Payroll card before I leave for home?
Q2. Can I use the payroll card to purchase anything from ebay or amazon? I am asking this because both Amazon and Ebay accept VISA.
Q3.I actually wanted to know whether you can book your Disney Hotel before your program is over and then stay at the hotel on the day you move out of Disney Housing? Will you get cast member discount on your room?
I am asking this because my program ends on August 4(Check out of housing) but my flight home is only on August 5th. So I was wondering whether I could book my hotel earlier and be eligible for the discount when I go in the afternoon on 4th August and check in, will I have to pay the normal hotel rates or the ones after cast member discounts?
Q4. Also I wanted to know from where can I get a sim cardat Orlando? Is there any shop at the airport? I am bringing an unlocked phone from home.
These are my questions for now. I am new to the entire Disney Thing that is why all these questions.

I'm not sure about the other questions, but for a hotel you're required to show your cast id the day you check in to get your discount. They'll most likely ask you to return your ID when you move out, or it'll have an expiration date on it like the regular DCP IDs.

I am going to be a cast member from May 23rd to August 4th and I have a bunch of questions. I am an international cp participant:
Q1. Can I withdraw all the money from my Payroll card before I leave for home?
Q2. Can I use the payroll card to purchase anything from ebay or amazon? I am asking this because both Amazon and Ebay accept VISA.
Q3.I actually wanted to know whether you can book your Disney Hotel before your program is over and then stay at the hotel on the day you move out of Disney Housing? Will you get cast member discount on your room?
I am asking this because my program ends on August 4(Check out of housing) but my flight home is only on August 5th. So I was wondering whether I could book my hotel earlier and be eligible for the discount when I go in the afternoon on 4th August and check in, will I have to pay the normal hotel rates or the ones after cast member discounts?
Q4. Also I wanted to know from where can I get a sim cardat Orlando? Is there any shop at the airport? I am bringing an unlocked phone from home.
These are my questions for now. I am new to the entire Disney Thing that is why all these questions.

1. Yep! Although you'll get paid for your last week's work the week after you leave for home, so that's something to think about. I withdrew all mine when I got back to the UK, and just paid a little for the conversion rate :)
2. Yeah absolutely, it works just like a normal card.
3. As far as I know, you can verify your cast member status before you check in (I can't remember how far in advance) but I'm not sure this will count as you will have left the program - best to email when you get there.
4. Walmart has them (you'll probably go on your first night to stock up)

Hope that helped :)

For the hotel thing, I am not positive the policy, but I think the day you are not technically a cast member, as you can't get into the parks that day. I would be careful though about using the discount for a Disney hotel, because I have had friends who have tried to use their discount near the end of their program, and if you stop being a cast member during your stay, like you stay the night you move out and then the next night or few nights, they take away the discount completely and you are billed for the price of that hotel room if you were to book it as a regular walk in guest that day.

They do run your cast ID to verify discounts on hotel rooms, so if they take that away when you move out (which they are supposed to, but sometimes they just don't check), you wouldn't be able to use the discount.

To be safe, I would just book a room at the Holiday Inn across from Vista Way is you want something cheaper than a Disney hotel and just Uber to MCO.

1. Yep! Although you'll get paid for your last week's work the week after you leave for home, so that's something to think about. I withdrew all mine when I got back to the UK, and just paid a little for the conversion rate :)
2. Yeah absolutely, it works just like a normal card.
3. As far as I know, you can verify your cast member status before you check in (I can't remember how far in advance) but I'm not sure this will count as you will have left the program - best to email when you get there.
4. Walmart has them (you'll probably go on your first night to stock up)

Hope that helped :)

Well, my program ends on a Thursday, so I am guessing that I would have got my last week of work paycheck on that day and I will withdraw the money in the evening. But anyways thanks. :)
Also can we order Ebay to housing. Do they check what you are sent by post?

I think you can fax or present your CM ID up to 7 or 10 days before check in. So yes, you should be able to get the discount. If for some unforeseeable reason it is a problem, just have a friend show ID for the room. You will still be paying for it. They'll just get you the discount.

Well, my program ends on a Thursday, so I am guessing that I would have got my last week of work paycheck on that day and I will withdraw the money in the evening. But anyways thanks. :)
Also can we order Ebay to housing. Do they check what you are sent by post?

You will work Sun-Tues of your last week and you won't get paid for those days until the following Thurs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter