USH and Knotts Ride Intensity

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I’m a WDW girl who is heading to DLR and California this summer!

On our list is also USH and Knotts. So I guess this means I’m also a UOR girl heading to USH this summer as well! Some rides I will not go on for various reasons, but I ant to know your thoughts on any rides that might be intense or should have an intensity warning.

No opinion is too big or too small: I want to hear them all!

EDIT: so for me, I consider various things intense. I don’t like dinosaur at AK as it’s jerky, but am totally fine with everything else in the park. So I’ll just list what bothers me by park. I’ll also give examples from UOR incase that gives more of a gauge.

MK: *I don’t do space mountain because I feel to talk for it even though I’m short, I also like knowing where I’m going.

EPCOT: *I don’t do Mission Space at all. Everything else I do multiple times (not in a row but throughout the day yes)

DHS: *Never been on rocking roller coaster
*Love ToT, love ROTR, pretty much the only ride that was a little intense was SDD but I partially think that’s cuz I just ate

AK: *Dont like Dinosaur

USO: Don’t do Rip Ride Rocket, don’t like the mummy (too tight of a space for sitting), never ridden transformers everything else love it

IOA: Don’t like Hulk, Never had the chance to ride velocicoaster or Hagrid (but have been ok verbolten in BGW which is similar track system so I’m good with that). Everything else is fair game

Thank you!
BH5

Last edited:
I can't speak on Knotts, but here's what I would say for Universal:

The Mummy - VERY fast, probably most intense of the rides at the park IMO, if you ride it make sure to keep your head back on the seat, especially later on as it pulls backward (also has a part where scarab beatles come out of the wall, so in case anyone is afraid of bugs)

Jurassic World - has a large drop into water (like Splash Mountain), but if you can handle that, it's fine

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - I have seen it make people queasy but not throw up, especially as it swoops around a lot (you're supposed to be imitating flying on a magic broomstick), and also there are giant spiders, so keep that in mind in case anyone is an arachnophobe

Transformers - 3D, dark ride, not very intense or anything

Despicable Me, The Simpsons, Secret Life of Pets, Flight of the Hippogriff - suitable for all ages and safe for most people IMO

Studio Tour - there are some motion simulation and 3D areas, but nothing too awful

The Mummy is the only ride there that anyone in our family/friends group has ever been like NOPE about, so that's the one I would reconsider if anyone is feeling wary.

Knotts is by far the most intense rides of the parks you listed (except Universal Studios Orlando which has some comparable rides, Hulk, and Velocicoaster).

Here are the most aggressive Knott's coasters:

Ghostrider: A fast wooden roller coaster. it is intense, but fun (I like this one the best). Long ride too. It is the iconic coaster at Knotts.

Hangtime: really only that first drop is intense, the rest is kind of standard coaster. I don't like coasters that hang you for a few seconds over the edge, so this is generally a pass for me.

Silver bullet: not too bad, but there are lots of inversions and corkscrews, it also is not short ride. (my second favorite)

Xcelerator: it has an intense launch, and is very fast(fastest at this park), but it also ends pretty quickly. If it was longer, I'd rate it higher.

Montezooma's revenge: It is a launch coaster, so it's fast, but is otherwise not too bad. it's pretty short too.

There are some other ones that are not coasters that could also be considered intense (Supreme Scream which is a giant drop, Sol Spin which is hard to describe but check their site).

Universal Studios Hollywood, the previous poster summarized pretty well, most rides there are motion simulators, so if you get motion sickness from those types of rides(like Star Tours), you may get it here too.

I can't speak on Knotts, but here's what I would say for Universal:

The Mummy - VERY fast, probably most intense of the rides at the park IMO, if you ride it make sure to keep your head back on the seat, especially later on as it pulls backward (also has a part where scarab beatles come out of the wall, so in case anyone is afraid of bugs)

Jurassic World - has a large drop into water (like Splash Mountain), but if you can handle that, it's fine

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - I have seen it make people queasy but not throw up, especially as it swoops around a lot (you're supposed to be imitating flying on a magic broomstick), and also there are giant spiders, so keep that in mind in case anyone is an arachnophobe

Transformers - 3D, dark ride, not very intense or anything

Despicable Me, The Simpsons, Secret Life of Pets, Flight of the Hippogriff - suitable for all ages and safe for most people IMO

Studio Tour - there are some motion simulation and 3D areas, but nothing too awful

The Mummy is the only ride there that anyone in our family/friends group has ever been like NOPE about, so that's the one I would reconsider if anyone is feeling wary.
I hate the mummy at UOR so that won’t be a problem lol.

Are there any differences between Jurassic World and Jurassic park in Orlando in terms of how the ride goes?

I assume everything else is the same as Orlando,

SLoP I am worried about because of the weight issue. We are a plus sized family. The only reason I might be able to get on is I’m the smallest size wise and the shortest

Knotts is by far the most intense rides of the parks you listed (except Universal Studios Orlando which has some comparable rides, Hulk, and Velocicoaster).

Here are the most aggressive Knott's coasters:

Ghostrider: A fast wooden roller coaster. it is intense, but fun (I like this one the best). Long ride too. It is the iconic coaster at Knotts.

Hangtime: really only that first drop is intense, the rest is kind of standard coaster. I don't like coasters that hang you for a few seconds over the edge, so this is generally a pass for me.

Silver bullet: not too bad, but there are lots of inversions and corkscrews, it also is not short ride. (my second favorite)

Xcelerator: it has an intense launch, and is very fast(fastest at this park), but it also ends pretty quickly. If it was longer, I'd rate it higher.

Montezooma's revenge: It is a launch coaster, so it's fast, but is otherwise not too bad. it's pretty short too.

There are some other ones that are not coasters that could also be considered intense (Supreme Scream which is a giant drop, Sol Spin which is hard to describe but check their site).

Universal Studios Hollywood, the previous poster summarized pretty well, most rides there are motion simulators, so if you get motion sickness from those types of rides(like Star Tours), you may get it here too.
Ghost rider might be like el Tori at Six Flags great adventure in NJ which if so I’m good.

Is Hangtime like Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg (sorry if this is an obscure reference)

Are there any differences between Jurassic World and Jurassic park in Orlando in terms of how the ride goes?

SLoP I am worried about because of the weight issue. We are a plus sized family. The only reason I might be able to get on is I’m the smallest size wise and the shortest

I have never been to the Orlando park, but I believe the Jurassic water rides there are essentially the same.

I'm plus sized myself and didn't have an issue with Secret Life of Pets, though obviously size/height/etc. means experiences will vary. (The rides in Wizarding World are NOT size friendly at all, but they do have the test seats so you can see if it's a fit or not beforehand. I think the Orlando version gets the same complaints as well.)

I have never been to the Orlando park, but I believe the Jurassic water rides there are essentially the same.

I'm plus sized myself and didn't have an issue with Secret Life of Pets, though obviously size/height/etc. means experiences will vary. (The rides in Wizarding World are NOT size friendly at all, but they do have the test seats so you can see if it's a fit or not beforehand. I think the Orlando version gets the same complaints as well.)
Oh they do! It doesn’t help when peoples weight fluctuates either. My poor dad lost weight by just dieting and did forbidden journey fine. Went and started to work out at the gym and couldn’t get the harness over his muscles. It’s a weird system,
Meanwhile I’m not like my fellow plus size ladies in terms of my chest size, so if they stick me in the bigger person seat I’m swallowed and praying my seatbelt holds.

I have seen videos on You Tube of the Jurassic World ride at Universal Hollywood. You might want to check it out to see how you feel about it.

Jurassic World is just a reskin of Jurassic Park, as far as I can tell, the ride is otherwise the same. I never rode the version in Orlando (I don't like water rides), so I don't know how different it is, but from what I have seen in videos, it looks very similar to it.

The rides at USH (Mummy, Jurassic Park, HPFJ, Hippogriff, all the simulators) are very similar to the same rides at USO, so the intensity will be the same. Steven's summary of the coasters above is great. The only other intense ride at Knotts is Supreme Scream, which is like a much more intense version of Dr. Doom at USO (but drops you instead of shooting you upwards).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter