USABILITY ISSUES / URGENT PROBLEMS - Email Corey

I almost never get emails on my watched threads. I always click the send email Button. If i unwatch then watch I might get 1 email but then nothing.

I almost never get emails on my watched threads. I always click the send email Button. If i unwatch then watch I might get 1 email but then nothing.
The system isn't designed to send endless emails. You have to visit the thread again to keep getting additional notifications. Or you can click on "mark forums read" and your emails should start again.

I have not received emails to my threads or threads I subscribe to in a long, long time. Just stopped one day and that was that.

The system isn't designed to send endless emails. You have to visit the thread again to keep getting additional notifications. Or you can click on "mark forums read" and your emails should start again.
After i watch a new thread, I do not get 1 email. It has nothing to do with me visiting a thread To keep the emails coming. When I used to get an email I always visited the thread and would keep getting new emails. Now nothing.

There are other in this thread with the problem.

The email issue often depends on your email provider. Unfortunately many will automatically put it to SPAM and never deliver the email to your inbox. There was a post by WebmasterAlex a while back explaining this.

After i watch a new thread, I do not get 1 email. It has nothing to do with me visiting a thread To keep the emails coming. When I used to get an email I always visited the thread and would keep getting new emails. Now nothing.

There are other in this thread with the problem.
I was hoping that would fix it for you. Unfortunately it probably means your email provider has decided they are spam and there's nothing you or DIS personnel can do.

There is a fix that has worked for a while for me:

1) set up a throw away email account somewhere like gmail (use a service other than the one you have now).
2) change your DIS email address to that new provider.
3) set that email account up to forward all messages to your main email account you are checking daily.

My email server eventually does the same with the new email address but I typically get 4-6 months out of the new account before it happens again.

Off to do it again for me since I haven't gotten any emails for a week or two (yet again).

Signature images are disappearing again. Images are mine, and hosted on Photobucket, and were fine up until around noon today. Now, just the red x's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter