Urgent Advice Req'd!!---& Finally!!

I have just read this thread oh my god what a horrible dilema to go through. I can see why it was more stressful than moving. This is your holiday you have been looking forward and to get brush offs. Well that was just terrible service. :mad:

Have a fab holiday, boy do you deserve it now. Enjoy yourselves. ;)

Halo said:
You get no protection if you pay for something using a Switch/Delta debit card - whereas if you use a credit card you get complete protection. If you use a charge card (e.g. Amex charge card, or NatWest Gold Mastercard) you do not legally acquire any protection HOWEVER it is my understanding that those issuers voluntarilly extend the same level of protection to their customers as if it was a credit card covered by the Consumer Credit Act. To be safe though, just use a credit card.

That's what I thought, too. Thank you for clarifying that!

Hi there, I agree with Obi Wan, contact the credit card people, after all it is 'their' money you are using to buy something and as a rule they can stop payment if the items in question have not been supplied.

Steve

Oh my goodness, I can't believe what those awful people put you all through! It's absolutely shocking. I'm so glad you finally got everything sorted and that you enjoy every moment of your holiday - you so deserve it!

We are off tomorrow!!! Just trying the virgin online check-in... it's saying its not available yet, please try later! life has to run smoothly soon!

ed :banana:

Have a fabulous time when you DO manage to get there :goodvibes
hope it lives up to all your expectations and you feel its been worth all the hassle you've had

Mr Ed said:
We are off tomorrow!!! Just trying the virgin online check-in... it's saying its not available yet, please try later! life has to run smoothly soon!

ed :banana:

which flight are you on?

The 24 hours ahead check in is great - I expect your are slightly too early that is why it is not working yet! :)

Have a great time - I hope your holiday is great! :Pinkbounc

Greetings from Tampa! Having a great time after all the problems!!!
& yes... we were on the cancelled Manchester flight (Dec 16th) that finally departed nearly 24 hours late on the Saturday morning!! Then we had problems with the villa for about an hour or two until we were moved!!

Unbelievable!!! but everything has been fab since!!!!

PS... Virgin gave everyone on board a letter promising 50% off the next flight with them (How good is that)?

Ed

I can't believe you continued to have problems after everything! At least all is well now and you are obviously having a fantastic time. I'm very jealous! And for your all your efforts, you can now come home with the firm knowledge that planning can start for the next trip, with that 50% discount. Hooray!

Have a wonderful rest of your holiday, and a Happy New Year.

Mr Ed said:
PS... Virgin gave everyone on board a letter promising 50% off the next flight with them (How good is that)?

Ed

We were delayed with Virgin, last year, and were given half price flights too. We're using them this coming Easter :cool1:

Just remember that it's only half price on the actual flights though and not the taxes etc - puzzled me for a while but it still worked out a little cheaper than a full price flydrive :goodvibes

Enjoy your trip :cheer2:

kylie said:
Good time to travel Prem Econ though.

Think the deal we had was that you had to fly on the same flight class as the delayed flight to get your 50%.
Guess that could have changed though :sunny:

yes, we began to taxi and they noticed an electrical fault. Taxi'd back onto stand and tried to sort it out (swap relays etc) taxi'd again but fault was still present (this took approx two hours). The fault was on electrics for flight instrumentation, so it rightly had to be safety first. We were well informed throughout. I thought virgin handled it brilliantly, especially one member of ground staff that helped us to return a day late (free of charge) so we could get the lost day back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter