Upgrading room?

StarSeven7

DIS Veteran
We have a cruise booked on the Brilliance of the Seas for September 2022. I am wanting to upgrade from an ocean view room to an obstructed balcony. Is the only way to do this by calling in? Between my mom and I, we phoned Royal 4 times today to get our reservations linked and upgrade our rooms and the 4th time they told me the reservations weren’t linked, even though my mom had already called to have them linked and I had already called once after that and confirmed they were linked. So they wouldn’t allow me to upgrade both rooms. At that point I gave up because I had reached my limit of dealing with this issue. Customer service is clearly not great with Royal so I’m already frustrated with them and I haven’t even cruised with them yet! Is there a way to do this online? I don’t see anything on their website but maybe I’m missing something. Thanks!

We have a cruise booked on the Brilliance of the Seas for September 2022. I am wanting to upgrade from an ocean view room to an obstructed balcony. Is the only way to do this by calling in? Between my mom and I, we phoned Royal 4 times today to get our reservations linked and upgrade our rooms and the 4th time they told me the reservations weren’t linked, even though my mom had already called to have them linked and I had already called once after that and confirmed they were linked. So they wouldn’t allow me to upgrade both rooms. At that point I gave up because I had reached my limit of dealing with this issue. Customer service is clearly not great with Royal so I’m already frustrated with them and I haven’t even cruised with them yet! Is there a way to do this online? I don’t see anything on their website but maybe I’m missing something. Thanks!

This is one reason we like using a TA for all our bookings. They are no cost to you and they are the ones responsible for making ALL the calls and changes on your behalf. If the price for the cruise is still the same as when you originally booked it, I would say cancel the existing one and Book the one you want. Or even better let a TA book it for you. We have used Dreams Unlimited for our bookings on around 25 cruises. We use BethF@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com . Hope it all works out for you. We have really enjoyed cruising with RCCL.

This is one reason we like using a TA for all our bookings. They are no cost to you and they are the ones responsible for making ALL the calls and changes on your behalf. If the price for the cruise is still the same as when you originally booked it, I would say cancel the existing one and Book the one you want. Or even better let a TA book it for you. We have used Dreams Unlimited for our bookings on around 25 cruises. We use BethF@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com . Hope it all works out for you. We have really enjoyed cruising with RCCL.
I'm a former travel agent myself so I don't really mind handling the booking. I probably would have used Dreams for the onboard credit but they can't book Royal in Canadian Dollars so it was easier to just do it myself. We booked a nonrefundable deposit so cancelling and rebooking isn't really an option. Do you know if there's a way to make this change online?

I'm a former travel agent myself so I don't really mind handling the booking. I probably would have used Dreams for the onboard credit but they can't book Royal in Canadian Dollars so it was easier to just do it myself. We booked a nonrefundable deposit so cancelling and rebooking isn't really an option. Do you know if there's a way to make this change online?

In short, no you can't do it online. You will need to call. I find it depends on who you get on the phone, like many customer service experiences.

In short, no you can't do it online. You will need to call. I find it depends on who you get on the phone, like many customer service experiences.
Thanks. I guess I need to decide how badly I want to upgrade my room, lol! After 3 phone calls yesterday I had no more patience for it!

Thanks. I guess I need to decide how badly I want to upgrade my room, lol! After 3 phone calls yesterday I had no more patience for it!

I can understand that :) If you get the right person they can take care of everything for you but if you get the wrong one... well then it can be a struggle lol. I do find Royal's website a bit lacking compared to others, you can't change dining option or choose how to have the beds set up without having to call.

I can understand that :) If you get the right person they can take care of everything for you but if you get the wrong one... well then it can be a struggle lol. I do find Royal's website a bit lacking compared to others, you can't change dining option or choose how to have the beds set up without having to call.
Yeah the website leaves a lot to be desired! We have only cruised with DCL before and their website was much more user friendly. Even our confirmation email from Royal didn't state anywhere how much our cruise cost and we can't find a breakdown of our total charges anywhere! I remember approximately how much it was but I had to figure out the exact amount by looking at what was charged as a deposit and going to "pay off my cruise" to see what was left owing. My mom couldn't even get the "pay off my cruise" to work (it kept giving her an error) so she had to scroll back through our text messages for the last 6 months to find out what price I quoted her! So needless to say, we were both feeling pretty frustruated!

Yeah the website leaves a lot to be desired! We have only cruised with DCL before and their website was much more user friendly. Even our confirmation email from Royal didn't state anywhere how much our cruise cost and we can't find a breakdown of our total charges anywhere! I remember approximately how much it was but I had to figure out the exact amount by looking at what was charged as a deposit and going to "pay off my cruise" to see what was left owing. My mom couldn't even get the "pay off my cruise" to work (it kept giving her an error) so she had to scroll back through our text messages for the last 6 months to find out what price I quoted her! So needless to say, we were both feeling pretty frustruated!

If they don't email the invoice (and I've had mine go to junk mail) you can call and use automated choices to have them send you an updated one. I believe it's option 4 when you call the main number. You can also ask whoever you speak to when you call for other things. it is very strange to me that the total due isn't on the website any where!

If they don't email the invoice (and I've had mine go to junk mail) you can call and use automated choices to have them send you an updated one. I believe it's option 4 when you call the main number. You can also ask whoever you speak to when you call for other things. it is very strange to me that the total due isn't on the website any where!
Thanks we’ll try that since neither my mom nor I received an invoice!!

Ok, I spoke to Royal Caribbean again and they're still not showing my reservation linked with my mom's! I asked for a price for the room upgrade for just myself and they're giving me a different amount than what it shows online. When I asked why there was a discrepancy he said it was because the taxes have changed but it's not possible for me to get the online price unless I cancel and rebook. I have a nonrefundable deposit so it's not worth the hassle and fees but I thought they guarantee their pricing and will do a price adjustment if the price is lowered?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter