Upgrading an undercover tourist promo ticket while at DL - anyone do it?

Louie7080

Registered
I don't know if I want to get a hopper or nonhopper promo ticket (the ones that expire may 23) from undercover tourist so was wondering if I buy a non-hopper and decide I want to hop, would I be able to upgrade at the park. I did talk to someone on the phone and they said that you couldn't but thought I'd double check to see if any one was able to. Also, general question about expiring tickets - if they aren't used you can still apply the value paid to a ticket later, correct? This would also apply to these promo tickets I assume. I understand the difference would be huge because these are cheap tickets, but just want to make sure that one would at least get credit for what they paid.

In my experience, guest services has NO idea how to treat these promo tickets. I've tried to contact them several times and never been given an answer that makes any sense, and they all refer me to the ticket agents at the gate. There is nothing in the terms & conditions that says these tickets can't be upgraded, so I'm going on the assumption that they can be, and that they hold there value after expiration just like any other ticket.

I don't know if I want to get a hopper or nonhopper promo ticket (the ones that expire may 23) from undercover tourist so was wondering if I buy a non-hopper and decide I want to hop, would I be able to upgrade at the park. I did talk to someone on the phone and they said that you couldn't but thought I'd double check to see if any one was able to. Also, general question about expiring tickets - if they aren't used you can still apply the value paid to a ticket later, correct? This would also apply to these promo tickets I assume. I understand the difference would be huge because these are cheap tickets, but just want to make sure that one would at least get credit for what they paid.

I don't know about adding the hopper but a Disney sales rep told me I could extended my promo 3-day PH to a 4th or even 5th day at the park when we're there in May.

One would assume that it's likely any ticket purchased which expires but has never been used will be granted the value you paid for it to be used towards the purchase of a valid ticket. However, this is not provided by Disney in writing anywhere from what I have found - they used to say this in the fine print but no longer provide this assurance.

As to upgrading - if I were buying a promo ticket from a third party I'd get exactly what I know I am going to need and I would not rely on upgrading at the ticket booth as you could potentially lose the entire discount if you tried to upgrade. Now, I know there are some who have found Disney to bridge the difference in the cost paid vs. the cost to be put towards an upgrade but again, it's not guaranteed anywhere in writing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter