Upgrade to DVC Gold Annual Pass

jjwelch24

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about upgrading our current passes to Annual Passes on our trip next month. Is it better to do it at the beginning or end or doesn’t it matter? My only concerns are that I don’t want to lose our Fast Passes and I would like the free photos for the trip.

Thanks

with the AP, you will get 20% discounts on purchases and some dining discounts. So the sooner you convert, the sooner you can take advantage of those perks.

It won't impact your expiration date, I see no reason to just not do it as soon as it is convenient for you to accomplish. I'm not sure about impact to FP, with Disney I find anything that involves technology with them ... "result will vary" :)

Change at the beginning of your trip to get the passholder discounts during your trip. It will not change your FP or anything about your reservation.

We did this last August and the CM must have thought I was a nut, asking 20 times if this was going to cancel anything, and having taken screen shots of everything beforehand. Completely did not need to worry- it was a quick transaction with everything just as it was when I started.

Change at the beginning of your trip to get the passholder discounts during your trip. It will not change your FP or anything about your reservation.

We did this last August and the CM must have thought I was a nut, asking 20 times if this was going to cancel anything, and having taken screen shots of everything beforehand. Completely did not need to worry- it was a quick transaction with everything just as it was when I started.

Good point I have taken captures of my FP in the past too in case anything got changed...BTW I do that too at the parks so I don't have to keep using the app as for some reason the DME app sucks my battery dry!

Thank you. I will definitely do it at the beginning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter