Upgrade fail

Arrived today & went to international gateway to renew my annual pass with the Parksaver tickets. Had a few issues - 1st the did it as a new annual pass, then he did it at the renewal rate but the balance he quoted me wasn't what the current value was for the 7 day park hopper ticket. I told him that wasn't correct. Then he told me I had a discounted ticket so they were only giving me that rate. I told him it was my understanding that the value would be what the current value was. Back & forth we went and finally I said never mind I won't do it now and go else where. I was told to hold on...he talked to someone else in the booth and then said that he didn't want me going else where so he would do it this time. Uggg what a hassle, I think I had to scan my MB like 20 times but finally it did work!!! And my renewed AP is showing in MDE!

Arrived today & went to international gateway to renew my annual pass with the Parksaver tickets. Had a few issues - 1st the did it as a new annual pass, then he did it at the renewal rate but the balance he quoted me wasn't what the current value was for the 7 day park hopper ticket. I told him that wasn't correct. Then he told me I had a discounted ticket so they were only giving me that rate. I told him it was my understanding that the value would be what the current value was. Back & forth we went and finally I said never mind I won't do it now and go else where. I was told to hold on...he talked to someone else in the booth and then said that he didn't want me going else where so he would do it this time. Uggg what a hassle, I think I had to scan my MB like 20 times but finally it did work!!! And my renewed AP is showing in MDE!

Did you get this CM's name? I'd like to ask him what in the world his thought process was.

(EDIT: If he was a ticket booth CM - wearing a orange/red/purple patterned vest - and you know what time you were there, I can figure it out.)

Disney really should just make a blanket statement on this. It really shouldn't depend on what CM you get.

@ravenclawtrekkie is price bridging written out as standard procedure or is it considered "pixie dust" to do it. I know you guys can but didn't know if you are suppose to every time or if it is up to CM discretion.

@ravenclawtrekkie is price bridging written out as standard procedure or is it considered "pixie dust" to do it. I know you guys can but didn't know if you are suppose to every time or if it is up to CM discretion.

The concept of price bridging is a standard procedure. It's written in our documentation and there are pretty clear instructions as to when it's done and when it's not. It's incredibly easy to do in the vast majority of scenarios where it's appropriate. It's also not something we generally explicitly spell out to guests - I'll usually say something like "I have to do a two step process to make sure I charge you the right price, so it'll just take a second." But I don't use the terminology 'price bridging' when speaking to guests unless they use it first. (At which point I assume they're reading this board.)

That said, there is zero documentation or training (at least that I ever saw, heard, or read) about using a ticket - discounted or not - towards the cost of an AP renewal. It's a rare scenario in practice, for all it comes up on the boards. I can understand a CM having an issue with that aspect, but not with the basic concept of price bridging. (To clarify: I can believe it to be true, just not understand it.)

That said, there is zero documentation or training (at least that I ever saw, heard, or read) about using a ticket - discounted or not - towards the cost of an AP renewal. It's a rare scenario in practice, for all it comes up on the boards. I can understand a CM having an issue with that aspect...

I can believe it. Using a ticket to renew (especially to renew a dvc pass) is generally the most complicated-seeming thing, from posts I've seen.

I'm now more confused at reading this thread, lol. I have price bridged tickets bought from UCT a few times and it's worked great. Now this year buying tickets differently. We could buy tickets from going to the Disney parks website. Or, we can buy tickets thru my DD26 who has recently(6 months ago) started working as a Disney travel agent from home. She wants us to buy our tickets thru her as it counts toward her total needed for something. So, anyway, we plan to buy an AP for her and an 8 ph ticket for me. (We are renting Dvc pts for our resort stay). Thinking of possibly upgrading mine to a 9 day. So is that possible to do? And, what if ticket prices go up, from when we buy (around Sep 13) to when we go (Nov 12) and then may decide to upgrade mine by a day. Would mine be bridged or I'd have to pay an increased price instead of what looks like at this time to be only $10.xx more? TIA!

The concept of price bridging is a standard procedure. It's written in our documentation and there are pretty clear instructions as to when it's done and when it's not. It's incredibly easy to do in the vast majority of scenarios where it's appropriate. It's also not something we generally explicitly spell out to guests - I'll usually say something like "I have to do a two step process to make sure I charge you the right price, so it'll jutst take a second." But I don't use the terminology 'price bridging' when speaking to guests unless they use it first. (At which point I assume they're reading this board.)

That said, there is zero documentation or training (at least that I ever saw, heard, or read) about using a ticket - discounted or not - towards the cost of an AP renewal. It's a rare scenario in practice, for all it comes up on the boards. I can understand a CM having an issue with that aspect, but not with the basic concept of price bridging. (To clarify: I can believe it to be true, just not understand it.)
With all due respect, to me that does not seem like a well spelled out rule or procedure. Perhaps I'm a bit slow, but it seems there is enough slop in the rule to cause confusion.
I like clarity. It may be clear in your instructions, but with all do respect your post sounded like a dance around.

MG

I can believe it. Using a ticket to renew (especially to renew a dvc pass) is generally the most complicated-seeming thing, from posts I've seen.

Well, then my situation will be ultra complicated. I plan to upgrade Parksaver tickets to a new (not renewal) DVC AP voucher BEFORE my current DVC AP expires. That should be fun.

Well, then my situation will be ultra complicated. I plan to upgrade Parksaver tickets to a new (not renewal) DVC AP voucher BEFORE my current DVC AP expires. That should be fun.

I don't see that as being a problem.

What about the tickets that you hear people get for something happening? You know, disney decides to clean the rugs and shut off the AC for 12 hrs , here's a one day ticket for you. Can those be upgraded?

I figure every other situation has been covered.......

What was the DVC 25th anniversary tickets?

I was told by a few people on a different forum that you have to have one day remaining on your tickets to upgrade to an AP, is this true?

What about the tickets that you hear people get for something happening? You know, disney decides to clean the rugs and shut off the AC for 12 hrs , here's a one day ticket for you. Can those be upgraded?

they were offered to DVC members last spring. It was a small discount. I think it saved us $30 but every little bit helps!

I was told by a few people on a different forum that you have to have one day remaining on your tickets to upgrade to an AP, is this true?

Nope.
That's a common misconception.

You can do any ticket upgrade AS LATE AS...
close-of-business ON the same day that you use the last asset on your ticket.

To be upgraded, a ticket must still be "valid."
A ticket that has been used that day is still valid until the close-of-business that same day.
Otherwise, it could not be used to re-enter a park if the guest had exited earlier that day.

I'm now more confused at reading this thread, lol. I have price bridged tickets bought from UCT a few times and it's worked great. Now this year buying tickets differently. We could buy tickets from going to the Disney parks website. Or, we can buy tickets thru my DD26 who has recently(6 months ago) started working as a Disney travel agent from home. She wants us to buy our tickets thru her as it counts toward her total needed for something. So, anyway, we plan to buy an AP for her and an 8 ph ticket for me. (We are renting Dvc pts for our resort stay). Thinking of possibly upgrading mine to a 9 day. So is that possible to do? And, what if ticket prices go up, from when we buy (around Sep 13) to when we go (Nov 12) and then may decide to upgrade mine by a day. Would mine be bridged or I'd have to pay an increased price instead of what looks like at this time to be only $10.xx more? TIA!

If your daughter gets enough commissions each year she gets a special card that grants her great discounts on trips and such. I don't know her situation but many Disney T/As start the job to help pay there addiction.

Can someone walk me through the potential impact on existing FP+ reservations of upgrading PHs to APs? I know there's a right way and wrong way to go about it, and I want to make sure we do it the right way to retain our FP+ ressies. We'll be upgrading 7day PHs.

The comp tickets you get from guest relations for issues are nonrefundable and not upgradable. They have 0 dollar value. We got 4 one day tickets to make up for an issue and we quickly discovered since we never go for just 1 or 2 days it was cheaper to give one person all 4 tickets and buy 3 4 days instead of 4 3 days or whatever combo we ended up doing. That's why they give them away because it costs them pennies and you either have to pay for more tickets or buy stuff on your next visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter