Upgrade existing ticket to annual pass renewal

No

And no.

The buy-4-get-3 deal is a 7 day ticket. It has a 7 day face value.

You were able to "upgrade" over the phone because the ticket was originally purchased directly and separately from Disney. They can essentially refund that purchase and apply it to a new purchase. That's a scenario which has always been possible. Upgrading a ticket from a previous package or purchased from a third party cannot be upgraded over the phone.

So what will I be required to pay when I upgrade my 7 day hopper to a gold pass renewal?

So what will I be required to pay when I upgrade my 7 day hopper to a gold pass renewal?
You pay the gold pass renewal price and receive credit for the gate price of the old 7 day ticket. It's being reported that you won't get the current gate price, but rather, the gate price before the recent price increase and expiration change.

You pay the gold pass renewal price and receive credit for the gate price of the old 7 day ticket. It's being reported that you won't get the current gate price, but rather, the gate price before the recent price increase and expiration change.

do you happen to know the price of the 7 day hopper before price increase?

I had a 6 day and got a credit of 451.56. I believe that additional days once you got to that mark were 15$ (plus tax), but they could have been 20. 451.56 (and 6.5% sales tax) means a 6 day was 424$, so a 7 day is most likely either 439, or 444, which with tax is 467.54 or 472.86. Might be off by a buck or two, but I think that that is a pretty accurate range.

Last edited:

Nope. It's possible to upgrade to a renewal. It's just very rare and only possible in a short timeframe. Back when we believed you had to use a ticket first, it only made sense in the 30 days after your AP expired. Now that you don't have to use the ticket first, you have, in theory, a 90 day window to apply a ticket towards an upgrade when you're on site.
Is this still possible? we have a Gold pass, expires in January and will be there in December -can I purchase a ticket over Christmas week to use during the blockout of gold pass then apply that ticket to my gold pass renewal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter