*** Updated to add spring break Data*** New Data, FP+ impacting wait times, discuss

I am actually beginning to believe what we have now from this 1.5 billion dollar expenditure is pretty dang close to all there will be. I really want to see the rabbit they are gonna pull out of the hat that so many speak of when we are told be patient there is more to this, or this is just the tip of the iceberg. I actually think the tip of the iceberg just went through Disney's ship in this whole thing. That ships name would be the titanic, and the 1.5 billion is sinking with it!:crazy2:

If so, at least they're rearranging the deck chairs...

Interesting. No mention of red licorice in your LOVE list. What kind of odd being are you?!
Very odd,,apparently. Actually, I love red twizzlers; not red vines, not cherry flavored, but original red twizzlers. My problem is that I like most candy.

Very odd,,apparently. Actually, I love red twizzlers; not red vines, not cherry flavored, but original red twizzlers. My problem is that I like most candy.

My local movie theater just stopped selling twizzlers and started selling red vines. They are touting how great it is to now be able to get red vines instead of twizzlers. Why they had to mess with perfection I don't know.
It sounds alot like FP+

Me too! I spent part of my childhood in Holland where black licorice is practically another food group. :)

We visited several Scandinavian / Norther European countries a few years ago and I was pleasantly surprised that what you said, above, was indeed true! I brought several bags of different varieties home!

We visited several Scandinavian / Norther European countries a few years ago and I was pleasantly surprised that what you said, above, was indeed true! I brought several bags of different varieties home!

Planogirl- are you in Plano, Tx.? If so, we are sort-of metroplex neighbors!

Ok -- your example alone shows they haven't excluded travelers from abroad altogether -- which wouldn't have made any sense. Still wish I could know more... :)

When they get you entering the park, they still capture things like when you arrived in WDW, how long your stay is, what parks you've been to and are planning to visit, whether you've used FP+ yet, etc, etc. Pretty sure that when they nab you for the survey doesn't really matter in terms of data collection and conclusions that can be drawn.

That one survey was about 3 years ago, and at AK. I figure the reason they don't want to survey international guests is because they don't want to hear about the fact that we hate having to call long distance for everything -- every other place has a toll free number. :rotfl: Those stupid questions you have to go through cost me a few dollars every time I call.

BECAUSE if you stay on site you are allowed to make your FP earlier. That is a PLUS for many people vs waiting day of.

Well we stay onsite every year. I still don't get how FP+ is going to make me spend more money in the parks.

If anything, staying onsite gives us less money to spend now since room rates are going up.

Planogirl- are you in Plano, Tx.? If so, we are sort-of metroplex neighbors!
We're actually next door in Frisco now but we spent way more years in Plano than I'd care to admit. ;)

Dubbelzout? I'd quit chocolate for that stuff :hyper:
Too much zout for me! I love milder versions though and my favorite of all of them is griotten. Those are heavenly!

We're actually next door in Frisco now but we spent way more years in Plano than I'd care to admit. ;) Too much zout for me! I love milder versions though and my favorite of all of them is griotten. Those are heavenly!

My daughter and son in law are Frisco; son/DIL/GK in Corinth; we're in Arlington.

New Updated. More data....

More new data from Steve at TP.

People are reporting much higher wait times and "crowd levels" than previous years over the last couple weeks, and the last couple days. Yet, this doesn't seem to match up with the calendar for spring breaks. Is this possibly another sign that FP+ is increasing the wait times and the feel of crowds ???

Link Below

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/0...t-disney-world/comment-page-1/#comment-169041

New Updated. More data....

More new data from Steve at TP.

People are reporting much higher wait times and "crowd levels" than previous years over the last couple weeks, and the last couple days. Yet, this doesn't seem to match up with the calendar for spring breaks. Is this possibly another sign that FP+ is increasing the wait times and the feel of crowds ???

Link Below

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/0...t-disney-world/comment-page-1/#comment-169041

Spring breaks are more spread out this year because of the late Easter and we haven't yet hit the Easter week peak, but I have to wonder if more people are going south for their spring breaks than in recent years because of the weather and possibly more positive attitudes about their finances. We're had a harsh winter and few signs of spring, and I know much of the country has experienced the same thing. Everyone I know is pretty desperate to go south, and not everyone needs six months to plan a trip like I do.
The comment to the article also mentioned a large increase in band trips.
I do think FP+ is to blame for a disproportionate increase in wait times for certain secondary rides that didn't have FP+ before or were rarely fastpassed, the crowded feeling caused by kiosk and FP+ lines in areas not designed to accommodate long lines, and the frustration of people who would have used more fastpasses under the old system because of their touring style.

Spring breaks are more spread out this year because of the late Easter and we haven't yet hit the Easter week peak, but I have to wonder if more people are going south for their spring breaks than in recent years because of the weather and possibly more positive attitudes about their finances. We're had a harsh winter and few signs of spring, and I know much of the country has experienced the same thing. Everyone I know is pretty desperate to go south, and not everyone needs six months to plan a trip like I do.
The comment to the article also mentioned a large increase in band trips.
I do think FP+ is to blame for a disproportionate increase in wait times for certain secondary rides that didn't have FP+ before or were rarely fastpassed, the crowded feeling caused by kiosk and FP+ lines in areas not designed to accommodate long lines, and the frustration of people who would have used more fastpasses under the old system because of their touring style.

I agree that it hasn't hit the peak yet, but I think that's whats so interesting. So many people complaining about way bigger lines than they are used to, but spring breaks don't look as impactful as they should be.

Of course, we don't have any hard data on wait times for the last couple weeks, only anecdotal reports, but, after reading so many of them they are becoming quite convincing.

Wondering what the thoughts are on this.

I agree that it hasn't hit the peak yet, but I think that's whats so interesting. So many people complaining about way bigger lines than they are used to, but spring breaks don't look as impactful as they should be.

Of course, we don't have any hard data on wait times for the last couple weeks, only anecdotal reports, but, after reading so many of them they are becoming quite convincing.

Wondering what the thoughts are on this.

I think it is clear the reporst are getting worse, even the FP+ lovers are really grasping for positives (more relaxed with fewer rides, no digging for keys, TSMM FTW!!!) But for any non-AP person who DOES want to ride the big rides, there is simply NO improvment from FP+. There never could be during crowded times, but many held out hope that somehow, Disney would fix it all once the "test" was over.

And I agree that this year is pretty much the best possible year, as far as spreading out the crowds. And it STILL looks bad. Imagine an early Easter and a huge Spring Break crowd for two weeks. I guess July and August will show us.

I'm thinking of an early October long weekend trip, with the hopes that MNSSHP will be FP+ free. I would think it would have to be. I really see that as the only time to visit from here on out. Sadly, that means only 1 park. But I just don't year to ride TT, RNRC, TSMM, ToT, Everest, or Kali that much. I really like Tower, and a few others, but just can't essentially spend a day that revolves around one ride on it.

And since there still is no real evidence even for middle crowd times like Halloween, with ALL visitors having access to prebooking, we have no idea what it will look like this year.

-Jason

I think it is clear the reporst are getting worse, even the FP+ lovers are really grasping for positives (more relaxed with fewer rides, no digging for keys, TSMM FTW!!!) But for any non-AP person who DOES want to ride the big rides, there is simply NO improvment from FP+. There never could be during crowded times, but many held out hope that somehow, Disney would fix it all once the "test" was over.

And I agree that this year is pretty much the best possible year, as far as spreading out the crowds. And it STILL looks bad. Imagine an early Easter and a huge Spring Break crowd for two weeks. I guess July and August will show us.

I'm thinking of an early October long weekend trip, with the hopes that MNSSHP will be FP+ free. I would think it would have to be. I really see that as the only time to visit from here on out. Sadly, that means only 1 park. But I just don't year to ride TT, RNRC, TSMM, ToT, Everest, or Kali that much. I really like Tower, and a few others, but just can't essentially spend a day that revolves around one ride on it.

And since there still is no real evidence even for middle crowd times like Halloween, with ALL visitors having access to prebooking, we have no idea what it will look like this year.

-Jason

more relaxed vacation = grasping for positives

:scratchin

more relaxed vacation = grasping for positives

:scratchin

A stay at a WDW resort is relaxing. Very ex*****ive, but relaxing.

A trip to the busiest theme park in the world with $100 million rides isn't usually sought out for someone wanting to relax.:confused3

-Jason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter