I've read that some have gotten the $25 back on gift cards, but I purchased several days ago and I've received no email confirming use of this AMEX reward, nor any AMEX credit. Just a cautionary post for those who might have a more definite alternative for discounted purchase.

You may still get it. Both Amex and Chase have been non existent for me lately on notifications of usage of offers, until they show up under redeemed. (Citi is the worst, it's a mystery as to whether it's redeemed or not)

Last edited:
Find something that is a preorder and lock the GCs balance up in that order. Place your Kindle orders, then cancel the preordered item and free the GC balance up.

I will definitely remember that workaround for next time. I have several hundred in my gift card balance though (I shouldn't complain.) Lesson learned about 1-Click and Kindle.

I received an email from Costco that the $250 DGC for $224.99 will expire on 12/24/23, hopefully it will reset on Christmas day.

Costco
View attachment 820151

Well, the offer is still on the Costco site, but the previous limits still apply. This morning's order rejected. Overall, I got $3k in Disney gift cards through this deal, so it worked out for us.

Last edited:

I tried a third attempt at the Costco deal ..,it has not canceled, but also has not shipped and it’s been just over 24 hours. So what could that mean 🤨 Anyone had that happen? I assumed if it was going to cancel on me it would do it right away.

Not sure if anyone else shopping at Harris Teeter phas had any problems getting fuel points after purchasing GC offering “200 extra fuel points” . I purchased Barnes &No le and Lowe’s $25 gift cards and had to call customer service in order to obtain the fuel points…this is the 3rd time I’ve had to call to get correct number of points,

Apparently I just needed to post to this board to finally get the email. Like 30 hours after placing it. But I did successfully get 2 more. So I’m up to $1500. I’ve spaced out the purchases. I’m Canadian so this just takes the edge off the exchange rate. (Although the exchange is improving as each purchase was $5 less than the previous 🤣)

Dude how.....thats insane...I haven't been able to get more than 2!
Most Costco memberships cover two people (typicaly married couple), so I was able to get two orders of two gift cards when the offer first came out a couple of weeks ago. I did each order on two separate days. So that was $1k. I tried a third order of two, and was rejected.

Then on Dec. 15, someone posted that they had received an email that the promotion had ended, and that they were then able to order more that day. So I ordered two more successfully that day...and the next...and the next...and the next... But after I hit the $3k mark, my order last Wednesday was rejected. I tried again on Saturday and again this morning...no go.

Rakuten clawed back almost 10,000 points! (I do AMEX MR instead of cash). Holy cow! Now to figure out what they took back. I had taken screen shots as I was worried this could happen.
Rakuten took back all my referral money and I'm feeling like nothing is going to get resolved or restored. I had 90 dollars and the next morning all gone.

If you did the referral on the up and up there should be no reason to take it back. Hope you can get that squared away. As for my end I was showing the larger point total for a few weeks and just now saw it was almost a third less.

If you did the referral on the up and up there should be no reason to take it back. Hope you can get that squared away. As for my end I was showing the larger point total for a few weeks and just now saw it was almost a third less.
Yep, my coworker sent me his link and I bought a 50 dollar visa gift card, I recommended my friend and husband and both also did regular purchases. Super frustrating.

I managed to buy 5 total cards from Costco over the last few weeks with the last one being two days ago. Just tried buying another two now that got cancelled. Has anyone successfully bought more after an order was cancelled or does that mean the jig is up on my account?

I got a survey request on my recent purchase of Disney giftcards from Costco. Hopefully it means they will have them in the future.

Here are the gift cards sold at Giants Food Stores in Pennsylvania, for those with the Amex offer. (Note that there is a similar offer for Martin's which is owned by the same company, so I assume they carry the same gift cards.)

IMG_0758.jpgIMG_0759.jpgIMG_0760.jpg

H-E-B
1703701192375.png

• Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 H-E-B gift cards
    • Includes: Armor, Carter’s, Cinemark Theatres, Domino’s, Fandango, Flavor, GameStop, Red Robin, Sony PlayStation and Subway
    • Limit 1 per brand.
    • Must load digital coupons. Direct link
    • Expires 1/02/24.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter