Update
Giftcards.com:
5% Off Virtual Visa Giftcards with Promo Code
Just saying, now I would buy thru Rakuten, there's no reason for them to claw this back.
1660661941212.png

T-Mobile Tuesday: IHOP Freebie, Free T-Mobile Backpack & More
DOC

Update
Giftcards.com:
5% Off Virtual Visa Giftcards with Promo Code
Just saying, now I would buy thru Rakuten, there's no reason for them to claw this back.
View attachment 694437

T-Mobile Tuesday: IHOP Freebie, Free T-Mobile Backpack & More
DOC
Just to confirm: VV can be used at shopDisney to purchase DGCs, right?

Just to confirm: VV can be used at shopDisney to purchase DGCs, right?
Yes!
Virtual Visa's DP:

Ugh. Sometimes the fine print is so unclear.
Capital One is offering 6% cashback at giftcards.com. However, I’m not sure whether the 5% ENDOFSUMMER discount on VVs can be used when going through the Capital One portal because of the line highlighted below. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Attachments

• CF2EDB2A-24EB-4498-99DB-7835ECB49B0B.jpeg
    CF2EDB2A-24EB-4498-99DB-7835ECB49B0B.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 9
Capital One is offering 6% cashback at giftcards.com. However, I’m not sure whether the 5% ENDOFSUMMER discount on VVs can be used when going through the Capital One portal because of the line highlighted below. Can anyone clarify this for me?
That is a good question.

I would gamble on losing 1% with the possibility of gaining an extra 5% back.

Usually the sites just pass on the total charge and don't see the coupons.

Let us know what you decide to do and if you do decide to go for it let us know what happens.

Good luck

Reactions: Kir

I have a very loaded question here - and it's a newbie question:

I purchase all office supplies and refreshments for my office. Several thousands of dollars each month. I use my corporate AMEX. I've been shopping through airline portals for years and getting airline points that way for what seems like forever. Can I be earning more points, cash or something similar using something like RMN?

I don't know what the benefits are for a corporate AMEX but I think using Chase Sapphire Reserve or US Bank Altitude Reserve would do quite well.

In terms of what will get you the most back depends on who is offering what, right? Cashback monitor shows you what's possible on any given day. Plus you have option of signing up for airline specific offers, even if they're limited time wise, you can still rack up some serious points.

Are those points transferable and what have they afforded you so far; free flights, free rooms.
Is this your goal?

Edit to add: Best Credit Cards For Office Supply Purchases
Doctor of Credit

I purchase all office supplies and refreshments for my office. Several thousands of dollars each month. I use my corporate AMEX. I've been shopping through airline portals for years and getting airline points that way for what seems like forever. Can I be earning more points, cash or something similar using something like RMN?
You would continue to earn your Membership Rewards from AMEX but you would also get cash back when shopping through the special links for rakuten or retailmenot.

I want to make sure I understand. You're the purchaser, but the company owns the card and gets whatever card benefits, correct? So you're just wondering about getting click-through benefits for yourself?

Or do you also have control over the type of card used and/or do you get those points? Some of the above comments think the latter, but when I read it I assumed the former.

Cash back monitor looks at different sites to give you your best return for any given website on that day. Rather than always using the airline click through, you could start checking there before each purchase and jumping on the highest return for that site at that time.

A tangential topic but I suspect you all are the best to ask: How do you store the balances on your Disney gift cards? If I recall correctly, the best practice used to be to order a GC direct from Disney (less likely to have been tampered with than one in a store) and then use the Disney gift card website to combine balances. But I think that it's also now advised not to keep the cards on the website because there have been some reports of hacking? Just wondering what to do with my little stack of $50 GCs from Office Max and Gamestop between now and our trip next year.
I order some cute ones from Disney and combine onto those. Caveat to the below- if you don't use a unique pw for Disney you should not store cards on it.

Personally I store them on the Disney gc website because I use a password manager and a password generator- no password is the same as any other- and the website is easy for me to manage it all. I believe Disney's backend of the gc website only getting hacked is about zero- if you're that good you're going after the credit/debit card info or at least the gc database lol. Leaks of a pw from other websites would be useless to a hacker trying to get at just my stuff because it simply won't work, Disney would have to get hacked to get at my gift cards. I happen to believe if that happens the odds my gcs get drained before Disney freeze the entire gc system are small as hackers will only have a short time to flip so many, and even then I'd have decent odds of getting the money back as Disney can trace money from gift card to gift card to gift card and claw it back (as we have seen). But again- if you don't use a unique pw for Disney you should not store gcs on it.

One thing I also do is any gift card that leaves my sight is shredded after my trip and I never have more than $500 on one that is out of my sight. That way any enterprising CMs or waitstaff at disney affiliated restaurants can't drain it down the road on me. The hole here is it could get drained over the next couple days after exposure but I minimize the overall risk by not allowing more than $500 on them.

Never get rid of a gift card you store on the website, there is no way to spend the money on it without having the physical gift card or the barcode/numbers from e card to charge.

My local GameStop does not carry DGCs, I found out. But the one by work does! So I'll go there tomorrow. Too bad GameStop isn't on Dosh, it would be great to get even more out of those purchases.

My local Home Depot also carried DGCs.

Now I'll just be hoping and waiting that a cashback site will have a decent deal at Staples to use up those offers...

Has anyone confirmed that the Chase Staples offer for 10 or 20% off works for online purchases? Sadly we have no Staples in our town.

I rarely post .. I'm a lurker.

Thank you for triggering me to go look at Capital One's cashback offers. I hadn't checked in a while.
5% cash back with Capital One on VRBO. We always stay offsite and almost always book through VRBO.

I want to make sure I understand. You're the purchaser, but the company owns the card and gets whatever card benefits, correct? So you're just wondering about getting click-through benefits for yourself?

Or do you also have control over the type of card used and/or do you get those points? Some of the above comments think the latter, but when I read it I assumed the former.

Cash back monitor looks at different sites to give you your best return for any given website on that day. Rather than always using the airline click through, you could start checking there before each purchase and jumping on the highest return for that site at that time.
Yes, I am the purchaser. The company owns the AMEX card and I GET the benefits (AMEX points) because I've signed up for that feature and pay an annual AMEX fee for it. So yes, wondering about getting click-through benefits for myself. I always shop through the airlines portals for airline points. But I had an ephiphany yesterday while reading this thread that I might be able to be clicking through the airline portal AND another site like RMN or cash back monitor.... but I'm likely wrong about that. :ssst:

I think this below is what I should be doing moving forward:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!