My Staples didn’t have Disney on their main GC rack, but I found some on a random small GC rack at the end of an aisle.
I used HOTEL CANARY a few years ago and it worked well back then, but it's dead now. I've seen TravelArrow mentioned on some other travel sites, but not sure how successful it is with Disney area resorts.

My Staples didn’t have Disney on their main GC rack, but I found some on a random small GC rack at the end of an aisle.
Good to know. I didn't venture further into the store as they informed we that all of them were in the one area. Serves me right for not double checking :)

A tangential topic but I suspect you all are the best to ask: How do you store the balances on your Disney gift cards? If I recall correctly, the best practice used to be to order a GC direct from Disney (less likely to have been tampered with than one in a store) and then use the Disney gift card website to combine balances. But I think that it's also now advised not to keep the cards on the website because there have been some reports of hacking? Just wondering what to do with my little stack of $50 GCs from Office Max and Gamestop between now and our trip next year.

A tangential topic but I suspect you all are the best to ask: How do you store the balances on your Disney gift cards? If I recall correctly, the best practice used to be to order a GC direct from Disney (less likely to have been tampered with than one in a store) and then use the Disney gift card website to combine balances. But I think that it's also now advised not to keep the cards on the website because there have been some reports of hacking? Just wondering what to do with my little stack of $50 GCs from Office Max and Gamestop between now and our trip next year.
You can certainly combine them with no issue on the website. You just do not want to leave any cards on the site in case the site were to be hacked.

You can certainly combine them with no issue on the website. You just do not want to leave any cards on the site in case the site were to be hacked.

I also combine and then remove from the site. I keep a separate sheet noting which card has which balance.

I try to get unique physical designs when possible (usually when Chase has the Disney Store offer) so that I can quickly see that lady in the tramp has this, monsters inc has that, and so on. The red/white/black basic Mickey I drain and then toss because it's too easy to make a mistake when you've got a ton of them.

I also combine and then remove from the site. I keep a separate sheet noting which card has which balance.

I try to get unique physical designs when possible (usually when Chase has the Disney Store offer) so that I can quickly see that lady in the tramp has this, monsters inc has that, and so on. The red/white/black basic Mickey I drain and then toss because it's too easy to make a mistake when you've got a ton of them.
Yes I keep a spreadsheet as well that has a running total of the $ amount left broken down by card.

CardCard DescriptionCard NumberPin / EANStarting ValueRedeemedDeposit from other cardsCurrent ValueTotal

That is a great idea @TheOneWithTheTriplets to grab unique cards.

I simply use a Sharpie and write a number on it and give it a description. I am a little OCD so I always try to combine my cards to the max $1k mark or at least make it an even number. :)

It kills me that I can not combine a $750 and a $500 card as the site will not just take $250 off of the $500 as it is all or nothing.

But again that is just me and my OCD :)

Yeah it looks like I am limited to 1 $50 e-gift card purchase per day at Best Buy. May have to slow roll the 10% back from Chase. RMN says it has "Up to 4%" cash back - not really sure what that means, but when you read the fine print it sounds like it is just 4% cash back with exclusions on Apple products and of course things like gift cards. Will see if it tracks!

The Chase 10% cashback did track right away (got an email saying I made a qualifying purchase using the 10% cash back) - of course I have to wait until it posts on my Chase bill to be 100% sure but it did recognize the purchase :) Thanks @elgerber !

I also noticed a 10% cashback at CVS, but only a max of $5 cashback - doesn't look like cvs.com sells Disney gift cards, so I guess I have to venture out to see if I can grab a $50 gift card from them :)

EDIT- I was actually able to just make a 2nd purchase of 1x$25 eGC and 1x$50 eGC - we'll see if in 24 hours I can do it again for another $125, and then I'll have maxed out the 10% from BB.

Did your purchases track with RMN? I'm about to do the same.

I asked this in the big credit card thread and have not received a reply, so I thought I would try you fine folks:

I have a 10% cash back travel promo on a Citi card this quarter. Any idea what at WDW codes as as travel? Hoping to use it for AP renewals. Thanks for the help!
The fine prints says:
Travel purchases are transactions made at hotels, rental cars, airfare, limousines, taxicabs and travel agencies.
Merchants must submit charges under the appropriate merchant category code (“MCC”) or industry code to be an eligible purchase under this offer.

I asked this in the big credit card thread and have not received a reply, so I thought I would try you fine folks:

I have a 10% cash back travel promo on a Citi card this quarter. Any idea what at WDW codes as as travel? Hoping to use it for AP renewals. Thanks for the help!
The fine prints says:
Travel purchases are transactions made at hotels, rental cars, airfare, limousines, taxicabs and travel agencies.
Merchants must submit charges under the appropriate merchant category code (“MCC”) or industry code to be an eligible purchase under this offer.
When we renewed it showed up as “Disney World Ticket” and it was coded as “Entertainment” on my Disney Visa from Chase. I assume it will code the same for Citi

The fine prints says:
If you are staying on property you might be able to use your magicband and charge it to your room. Your room would be considered travel getting you the 10%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter