Weird how that works (or doesn't). Any ideas why? Apologies in advance if this has been answered, I am new to this thread!
:welcome: to our corner of the world! Ask ANY question. :thumbsup2

First off Rakuten clearly states gift cards are excluded. So please, do yourself and the rest of us a favor and do NOT contact them. This could result in your account being flagged as well as them taking a closer look see at who may have slipped through the cracks.
Truthfully there is no rhyme or reason why some get the cash back and others don't. It's not about which CC you use, how long you've been a member or how many offers you use regularly. We simply have no Data Points and it's highly Your Mile May Vary (YMMV) where as Retailmenot (RMN) isn't.
You really need to read the terms every time you use any cashback website.
Lastly, just because you see it track doesn't mean it will payout, thus the claw, clawing back your funds.

First off Rakuten clearly states gift cards are excluded. So please, do yourself and the rest of us a favor and do NOT contact them. This could result in your account being flagged as well as them taking a closer look see at who may have slipped through the cracks.
Truthfully there is no rhyme or reason why some get the cash back and others don't. It's not about which CC you use, how long you've been a member or how many offers you use regularly. We simply have no Data Points and it's highly Your Mile May Vary (YMMV) where as Retailmenot (RMN) isn't.
Lastly, just because you see it track doesn't mean it will payout, thus the claw, clawing back your funds.
zSO58QE.jpg

Oh, don’t worry, I’m not reaching out to them! I did see that gift cards are not supposed to be included in cash back. I bought a few at Christmas along with regular merchandise & Iater realized they paid out for the gift cards. So when I saw the 10% I figured I’d try. Even if I didn’t get cash back, I wasn’t losing out. Hopefully I don’t encounter the claw!

The only issue I've run into lately is with Kroger brick & mortar, my instore purchases are not tracking despite the cashier scanning the rewards card and paying with Kroger MC. There are two transactions I'm missing $200 & $500 in gift cards during 4x fuel. I contacted them today so we'll see what happens.

They do seem to respond quickly and can be very generous. Back in May Kroger online had $50 Red Robin egift card for $35 (limit 1) plus earn 2x Fuel, Well they never credited my fuel points & caught their mistake and gave me 200 fuel points.

Anyone else hoping for some awesome fourth of July deals? :rolleyes1
Officially 60 days out tomorrow and I still need another 1K in GCs.

Are you saying that RMN doesn't exclude giftcards? I have made several purchases through RMN and gotten 0 credit.

The only issue I've run into lately is with Kroger brick & mortar, my instore purchases are not tracking despite the cashier scanning the rewards card and paying with Kroger MC. There are two transactions I'm missing $200 & $500 in gift cards during 4x fuel. I contacted them today so we'll see what happens.

They do seem to respond quickly and can be very generous. Back in May Kroger online had $50 Red Robin egift card for $35 (limit 1) plus earn 2x Fuel, Well they never credited my fuel points & caught their mistake and gave me 200 fuel points.
I had an issue last week in store as well - went to the service desk and the person there called some Kroger line and waited on hold for 20 minutes to resolve my issue, 1200 fuel points credited immediately during his call.

Nice little bonus! I need to sell my older ones, kind of in the mood to purge my collection including Dept. 56 Halloween.
Yea I need about the same, I am debating buying another one on the Rakuten deal but.....with the positive glitch I am having ATM I do not want to tempt fate haha.
So I decided to buy more, this time I used the PC and it seems to have not tracked. My cell phone has never failed to track but PC didn't. So maybe PC vs phone plays a difference. I guess it averages out to 10% now haha.

So I decided to buy more, this time I used the PC and it seems to have not tracked. My cell phone has never failed to track but PC didn't. So maybe PC vs phone plays a difference. I guess it averages out to 10% now haha.
Hmm, I don't think I've tried tracking it this way, August will be very interesting. Any one else use their phone to buy gc's at Rakuten?

Edit to add: Rakuten

Last edited:
Added Offers ~ 6/23/22

Disney Gift Card Deals
Shop ‘N Save: Earn 30c off per gallon of gas for every $50 spent on Disney Gift Cards (3rd Party Gift Cards)
Expires 6/29/22. GCG

Discount District
Giant/Martin’s/Stop & Shop:
Kroger Online:
Buy $150+ Visa Or Mastercard Gift Cards & Get $10 Off With Promo Code JUNE2022
  • Earn 2x Fuel Points
  • Direct link to offer.
  • $100 cards have a $5.95 purchase fee and $50 cards have a $4.95 purchase fee, plus there’s a $0.50 shipping fee per card.
  • Expires 6/28/22. GCG
Shop ‘N Save: Earn 30c off per gallon of gas for every $50 spent on 3rd Party Gift Cards
Excludes Lowe’s & Home Depot​
Expires 6/29/22. GCG

Staples: Buy $200 Mastercard Gift Cards With No Purchase Fee
Offer valid in-store only. Direct link to weekly ad
Limit 5 per customer per day.​
Offer valid June 26-July 2, 2022. GCG

Warehouses
BJ’s Wholesale Club: Buy $25 Old Navy Gift Cards For $19.99
Shopping portals current rates here and here.​
Expires 7/20/22. GCG

Last edited:
Disney Gift Card Deals and Credit Card Offers

Best Buy Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $250 Spend
Maximum $25 back.​
Payment must be made directly with the merchant.​
Stacks with other Best Buy Offers
Expires 7/14/22 and 8/11/22. GCG

CVS Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $40 Spend
Maximum $4 back.​
Offer not valid at CVS locations inside Target stores.​
Offer not valid on MinuteClinic payments, prescription purchases, alcohol, lottery, gift cards, licenses, money orders, money transfers, prepaid cards, stamps, or other mail services.​
Offer not valid on third-party delivery services.​
Expires 7/14/22 or 8/11/22. GCG

Walmart.com Chase Offer: Get 5% Back On Up To $150 Spend
Maximum $7.50 back.​
Offer only valid on Walmart.com purchases.​
Offer not valid on in-store, gas or pharmacy purchases.​
Orders must be placed on Walmart.com.​
Offer not valid on grocery pickup or delivery.​
Offer not valid on third-party services.​
Expires 7/31/22. GCG

Credit Card Offers
IHG Bank Amerideals/Chase Offers: Save 15% at IHG Brands
Max $69 Cashback​
Expires 7/14/22. DOC

McDonald’s Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $20 Of Spend
Buy Gift Card In-Restaurant
Maximum $2 back.​
Valid at participating U.S. McDonald’s.​
Offer valid one time only.​
Offer not valid for McDelivery.​
Expires 8/11/22. GCG

Old Navy Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $80 Spend
Buy Physical Gift Cards Online & In-Store
Offer not valid on third party delivery services.​
Expires 8/11/22. GCG

Starbucks Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $30 Of Spend
$3 back maximum.​
Offer not valid at locations inside grocers, retailers, airports or hotels.​
Expires 7/14/22 or 8/11/22. GCG

Warehouses
Costco Membership
Dosh:
$20 Cashback On Costco Memberships (In-Club)

Hyatt Regency AmEx Offers: Spend $300 & Get $60 Statement Credit
Buy gift card at front desk
Possible Stacking Opportunities - YMMV​
Only valid at locations in the US and US Territories​
Must book direct with Hyatt​
Expires 7/18/22. DOC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter