shopDisney Chase Offer: 10% back (Targeted; YMMV)
  • Expires 06/30/2022
  • Earn 10% back until a maximum of $5 is reached
  • Payment must be made directly with the merchant
  • Valid online only
I had this offer on my Bank of America card, but none of my chase cards. Ordered a card today while rakuten has 10% on shopdisney. Mailed gift cards have tracked previously for me.

Hi! When using the Disney Chase DRVCMEMBER promo code to buy a gift card, does anyone know whether it’s received as a statement credit, or should the 10% be deducted from the shopping cart? I put a $50 card in my cart and used the promo, but I’m not seeing the $5 discount.

Also, Rakuten is 10% off shopDisney right now. Sorry if I’m repeating something that was already posted.

Hi! When using the Disney Chase DRVCMEMBER promo code to buy a gift card, does anyone know whether it’s received as a statement credit, or should the 10% be deducted from the shopping cart? I put a $50 card in my cart and used the promo, but I’m not seeing the $5 discount.

Also, Rakuten is 10% off shopDisney right now. Sorry if I’m repeating something that was already posted.
The discount code does not work on gift cards.

The discount doesn't apply to gift cards, unfortunately.

Bummer. I was hoping there might be a chance it would. I went through Rakuten to purchase the card, so maybe that will track. 🤞
Did you happen to read Rakuten's cashback terms?
It states:
Exclusions: Cash back is not available on the purchase of Gift Cards, D23 Memberships, subscription boxes, subscriptions to Disney+, Theme park tickets or packages.

Special Terms: Use of coupon/promotional codes not listed on Rakuten may void Cash Back.

Though I have received cb from them when buying DGC's it's considered very YMMV. It might post but eventually it will get clawed back. Did you add a small purchase with your DGC order?

It states:
Exclusions: Cash back is not available on the purchase of Gift Cards, D23 Memberships, subscription boxes, subscriptions to Disney+, Theme park tickets or packages.

Special Terms: Use of coupon/promotional codes not listed on Rakuten may void Cash Back.

Though I have received cb from them when buying DGC's it's considered very YMMV. It might post but eventually it will get clawed back. Did you add a small purchase with your DGC order?

Hello. Thanks! I did see Rakuten’s exclusions, but since it seems like YMMV with quite a few cash back portals when it comes to gift card purchases, I went for it.

I didn’t buy anything else with the gift card. Next time I’ll use that advice.

Hello. Thanks! I did see Rakuten’s exclusions, but since it seems like YMMV with quite a few cash back portals when it comes to gift card purchases, I went for it.

I didn’t buy anything else with the gift card. Next time I’ll use that advice.
Even then that might not work. Rakuten works for some but not everyone. We don't know why. Retailmenot has been very consistent in paying out.

It states:

By the way, if it the DGC doesn’t track with Rakuten, I’ll designate the cash back I’ve earned through Ibotta to “pay” for the gift card. Then it’ll be like a 100% discounted card 😁.

I had no idea about all these cash back portals before joining this forum, so thank you so much to you and all the folks who frequent this forum.

Sam's Club now has instore $25 WDW gift cards for $24.73. The $50 card is still the best bang for your buck.

Also the Landry's 100 for $79.98 is almost always online or in store.

If any of you guys tend to but the pre activated in store gift cards, most of them are being transitioned into regular gift cards activated when paid at register.

Logan's steakhouse gift card can now be bought at $100 for $75 or $50 for $37.50.

In Club has IHOP %50 for $37.50.
They have gift cards that are pre activated? I thought all gift cards weren't active until you pay for them - otherwise, what would stop someone from stealing the gift cards?

They have gift cards that are pre activated? I thought all gift cards weren't active until you pay for them - otherwise, what would stop someone from stealing the gift cards?
You bring a paper card or ticket to the register and pay. They then bring you an envelope with the activated cards. They don't have activated cards laying around.

That maximum discount of $10 is really disappointing - no longer worth the hassle in my opinion. Maybe they will bring back uncapped 5% or 10% for July 4 or Black Friday?
I totally agree, I didn't buy any this time around, even at 5% I'm better served waiting for the 10%.

Just saying,
A few have commented you cannot use these VV's at brick & mortar but that's not true, after registering I use them at the veterinarian's office and our local kennel. They plug in the basic info along with the zip code and I'm good to go. They are very handy indeed!

Sorry folks, I'm absolutely fried and heading back to bed!

Poor Sherlock my puppy! His toenail has separated from the toe bed of his right front paw. It happened on Thursday, we heard a yelp outside and found Sherlock holding up his paw, like for a hand shake. DH called for him and Sherlock limped back into the house and hasn't stopped. He injured the same paw about a month ago, after three days he was back to his playfulness but not this time.
Yesterday we took him to the Vet who bent the nail back and puss came out. Poor baby! He's on antibiotics, pain meds and has to soak in Epsom salt for 5 minutes, everyday. He'll also need to wear a bootie when going outside. The Vet is hoping for a full recovery by Thursday and if not we'll need to take Sherlock back in for a new assessment. paw: :sad1:

I've been sleeping on the floor with him, last night felt like the AC was directly on my head & neck but it wasn't on. It's so cold here in MI, wth happened?!

Sorry folks, I'm absolutely fried and heading back to bed!

Poor Sherlock my puppy! His toenail has separated from the toe bed of his right front paw. It happened on Thursday, we heard a yelp outside and found Sherlock holding up his paw, like for a hand shake. DH called for him and Sherlock limped back into the house and hasn't stopped. He injured the same paw about a month ago, after three days he was back to his playfulness but not this time.
Yesterday we took him to the Vet who bent the nail back and puss came out. Poor baby! He's on antibiotics, pain meds and has to soak in Epsom salt for 5 minutes, everyday. He'll also need to wear a bootie when going outside. The Vet is hoping for a full recovery by Thursday and if not we'll need to take Sherlock back in for a new assessment. paw: :sad1:

I've been sleeping on the floor with him, last night felt like the AC was directly on my head & neck but it wasn't on. It's so cold here in MI, wth happened?!
Poor Sherlock!

The weather in Michigan has been less than stellar. I'm so ready for consistent, warm weather.

Update: Additional Code

Giftcards.com: Save 5% On Virtual Visa Gift Cards With Promo Codes MEMORIALDAY & MMDVISA5
Limit unknown.​
I don't think it matter which denomination you buy, the $5.95 fee doesn't change.​
Expires 5/30/22.​
It's not a huge savings, but I wanted to get one for my daughter's teacher for a nice end of year gift so this will work out fine. I didn't save a ton, but it helped offset the fee and I was going to buy it anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter