Update- some GOOD some bad some sort of big: early entry returning Oct 1?

The science of corporate budgeting is the trade off – and that’s what happened here.

One show goes away, another runs seven days a week.

One show goes away, suddenly a few more characters appear for an hour.

A park opens an hour early, hopefully bookings and merchandise sales respond (and if they don’t, guess what happens).

I doubt we’ve gaining anything by all of this, but at least The Company has slowed the pace at which they’re digging their hole.

The financial demands on WDW have not changed. ABC still can’t attract viewers, California Adventure still can’t draw a crowd, The Disney Stores still can’t bring in the shoppers, and ‘Reign of Fire’ didn’t sell any tickets. While it's very encouraging to see the first hints of creativity from some management, the corporate greed is as strong as ever.

Mr. Pirate, I am very sorry to have offended you (and your rose colored glasses :D ). Can I blame it on the Landbaron that he used your name in an accusatory tone? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc ;)

Truthfully, it isn't often that we agree...and, well, I don't think you'd appreciate being told your comments sounded like a post from...hmm...let's say Walt's Frozen Head, would you? (sorry, not to drag in the innocent on this one....) But I also can appreciate your point of view, even if I don't agree! That's what I love about this board....everyone...all the different personalities....that's what keep it fun!

And maybe I'm just a little upset that my own personal "rose colored vision training" regimen is beginning to show. I'm taking first timers in December and really want to show the bright side of it all....plus, as I begin to take a more zen approach to everyday life I often remind myself that everything happens for a reason, for some divine purpose....whatever that may be. It's all good. (my mantra....) Even if that good is the end of WDW (oh, my....I'm sure I've slaughtered a sacred cow there....) So be it.

d-r, I somewhat agree about TOD...its not nearly as good as TON, the music editing job was downright ****ty, and it was, imo, completely unnecessary to screw it up like that. I really don't care if they get rid of this abomination (though I enjoy it from the pov that its the closest I'll get right now to seeing TON). Fact is, they only ****ed it up in the first place because some idiot got it into his head that "every park should have a new parade" for the "celebration". Screw that....TOD isn't a new parade. Its a **** over of the old parade, which was awesome. (End of rant, back to meditation....really should send a letter about that one though....oh, and sorry about my language, rough day, old habit...I'm counting on the filter to censor it...)

Okay, back to doing the bills.....only reason I really posted was to apologize to Peter Pirate!

Originally posted by mjstaceyuofm
Here's what I dredged up from the financial pages....
I tried finding this on their website but couldn't. Can you please post a link to it??

This June I met a Florida dance teacher who has a friend that was hired for a new show for WDW--she was told it had aerialists in it--so I had a feeling we were losing a current show. (I guessed Tarzan at the time, as that stage is set for aerialists.)

Btw, does anyone remember the Pocahontas show that Hunchback replaced? I was sad to see that one wrap, but then I saw Hunchback, and totally loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter