Update on Military Discounts

I have a trip booked Dec 20th-26th... if this offer is true does that mean We can not go to the parks on the 24th or 25th...Or We just can not go to Magic Kingdom on the 24th or 25th?

I have a trip booked Dec 20th-26th... if this offer is true does that mean We can not go to the parks on the 24th or 25th...Or We just can not go to Magic Kingdom on the 24th or 25th?

Well the info which we've seen above is 1. not official yet, and 2. missing info and scrunched together. But it looks to me like the MK only is just for just 4 July.

Also, Are you able to pay extra to add on more days once u get down to disney??

In the past they have never allowed you to add days the the AFS tickets. I'm sure it will be the same this time.

When you find out more info can you ask if the remaining days from the 2010-2012 tickets could be used after the Sept 30,2012 cut off, during the 2012-2013 tickets.

Thank you,

When you find out more info can you ask if the remaining days from the 2010-2012 tickets could be used after the Sept 30,2012 cut off, during the 2012-2013 tickets.

Thank you,

From everything I have heard and read, those will end on 9/30/2012, that is a completely different promotion, but they could change their minds.

Thank you,

Yes the 2010-2012 Armed Forces Salute definitely ends on 30 Sept and the tickets will expire. Disney confirmed this a while back.

Sorry...

popcorn::

Patiently waiting...saw another thread pop up with the same ITT "press release"....

Would really like to book our current room ressie under mil discount vs. the AAA one we have.

Sorry another question....just trying to figure out my options if the ITT press release that is out is correct. My husband,daughter, and I, and a few members of his family are going to Disney Dec 20th-26th. We are staying at shades of green, he is active military. We are comparing prices vs the 4 day Armed Forces Salute (adding days, going to universal on the black out days etc) or keeping what we have and just buying a 5 day park hopper.

My question is if we decided to buy the 5 day ticket for ourself, for his family bc they are only going Dec 20-24..Are we able to buy them the 4 day armed forces salute ticket?...I know the military person must be there to activate the tickets but would my husband have to be one of the people using one of those tickets?? or could we just buy it for them and then just be there to activate it?

Very curious to read the rules of any new promotion. I hope that things are more black and white and hard set with the new promotion and that it's easier to understand for the majority of the people who are eligible to use them. The current promotion has been kind of a mess, at least where the people here on the Dis are concerned.

Very curious to read the rules of any new promotion. I hope that things are more black and white and hard set with the new promotion and that it's easier to understand for the majority of the people who are eligible to use them. The current promotion has been kind of a mess, at least where the people here on the Dis are concerned.

We didn't even use the salute tickets because for our family of four, it didn't make sense. The price is great, however, only if you want to stay for only 4 days...and our trips are usually 9-12 days so it just doesn't work.

We LOVE the room discount and absolutely use that! We also used a military discount to purchase our AP's this year (before the price increase) and got 4 AP's (2A, 2C) for $1928, which we thought was a fabulous price and will cover us for at least 2 trips.

Hopefully they'll make the ticket issue more user friendly for those that use them. :goodvibes

Just my take on the rumor, at the bottom it does say tickets limited to 6 per sponsor. This *may* be a way to deal with confusion. We won't know for sure until the official military discount is out. The ticket sticky helps, and there seem to be lots of folks to help with questions, that's the best part of the DIS!

Whatever they decide to offer, I so appreciate Disney offering these discounts. They certainly don't have to. Our (now adult) kids spent most of their childhoods in multiple overseas locations. We know we weren't unique, lots of military families do this. Family vacations at Disney just weren't possible then. It is lovely for us to be able to have family time at WDW, now.:thumbsup2

Heard from my contact, the Manager of the Disney Military Sales Dept. There will not be an official press release till "mid-week" next week.

He said he'd send it to me as soon as he has it.

Thank you Steve for the information. We all can move on with our days now. :goodvibes

I also want to thank you for all the work you do to help all who were in the miltary. Your blog is SUPER. I finally got an answer to a question I have had for a few weeks on your blog. Thank you :grouphug:

Angel16

Heard from my contact, the Manager of the Disney Military Sales Dept. There will not be an official press release till "mid-week" next week.

He said he'd send it to me as soon as he has it.

Thanks for that clarification! Now I can stop stalking my computer for the latest...at least until "mid-week" next week... :rotfl2:

My pleasure!

I'll post as soon as I have something new!

It seems that the Disney call center was taking some resort reservations at the 30/35/40% rates.

Some people got reservations, but now there is a report that the call center has been told to stop till the press release.

You could try if you are wanting a hotel reservation, you might find someone to make it :)

It seems that the Disney call center was taking some resort reservations at the 30/35/40% rates.

Some people got reservations, but now there is a report that the call center has been told to stop till the press release.

You could try if you are wanting a hotel reservation, you might find someone to make it :)

I just called and was advised that it would be later next week that the rates could be applied....

Called back and spoke with a different CM who checked and was able to apply the discount....and got it!!!!!!! We booked POLY CL!!!!! :cool1: woohooooooo!!!!

I just called and was advised that it would be later next week that the rates could be applied....

Called back and spoke with a different CM who checked and was able to apply the discount....and got it!!!!!!! We booked POLY CL!!!!! :cool1: woohooooooo!!!!

Excellent!!!

Does anyone know if they go as deep as looking if I'm separated to get the resort discount? I'll have a valid i.d. until Jan 2013 our trip is in October 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter