Update on Military Discounts

Does anyone know if they go as deep as looking if I'm separated to get the resort discount? I'll have a valid i.d. until Jan 2013 our trip is in October 2012.

Separated isn't divorced; no one will know or care as long as you have a valid ID. However, without the sponsor, you can only buy 5 tickets, if the rules stay as they have been in the past.

I am so very grateful for this news. Thank you Disney and also Thank you Steve for all you do for the Military. I was so hoping to hear something soon and I am excited now to continue to plan our trip for our family. Thank you Thank you so very much. I know Disney did not have to offer this to us and I am so appreciative of it.

Separated isn't divorced; no one will know or care as long as you have a valid ID. However, without the sponsor, you can only buy 5 tickets, if the rules stay as they have been in the past.

I was actually just talking about resorts. I think the tickets go into deeper (because they've taken gov issue i.d. and drivers license) than getting the discount on the room. I just wanted to make sure on the room before I tried it. I caved and bought an AP since we're going again in December this year and March of next year.

They are supposed to check for a mil ID at check-in.

So with a valid ID you'll be fine. They have no way to know you've separated (from the military).

I was actually just talking about resorts. I think the tickets go into deeper (because they've taken gov issue i.d. and drivers license) than getting the discount on the room. I just wanted to make sure on the room before I tried it. I caved and bought an AP since we're going again in December this year and March of next year.

Separated from the military or from your spouse lol? I just offer my ID each time we've used the hotel discount so I didn't know if they actually ask for it.

Has anyone called today and recieved the hotel discount? I am thinking of switching from staying at Shades of green to Art OF Animation during our stay!!

That's how I interpreted it the first time, but then everyone else seemed to take it as military. You shouldn't have any problem getting the discount as long as you have the ID. Have fun.

I called today only to speak with someone who was curt about the discount. He said he couldn't apply it to my resort reservation because they emailed everyone and said don't apply it. He said I could call back mid-week this coming week to see if it is book-able.

I actually called last night not 10 minutes after I got Steve's website email (Thanks again, Steve!!) and got a super nice lady who did not know about the discount, and looked for it, but came back and said she was going to make the reservation, but to call next week after it was "official" and have it added on, no problem (AoA). So Yay!! Now, my other question is I wonder if we can buy 2 sets of those discounted tickets? We'll be staying 9 days, so 4 days/4days would still be cheaper than buying a park hopper for 8 days... I would think as long as we didn't go over the six ticket limit, it would work out ok. Of course the only one who has a military ID is the 9-year-old, so here's hoping she can buy 6 tickets!! ?? Do you know how that works, Steve, (or anybody)?

I called again for the gazillionth time (ok, only like 5th time haha) and I was told that they still were not able to use that PIN at this time. After talking with the CM though I decided to go ahead and book and then call back later to apply the discount. YAY!!!! I was just too anxious about not getting the room I wanted to wait any longer lol.

Sooo, we have a Contemporary Club Level room booked for 5 days next year!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!

I actually called last night not 10 minutes after I got Steve's website email (Thanks again, Steve!!) and got a super nice lady who did not know about the discount, and looked for it, but came back and said she was going to make the reservation, but to call next week after it was "official" and have it added on, no problem (AoA). So Yay!! Now, my other question is I wonder if we can buy 2 sets of those discounted tickets? We'll be staying 9 days, so 4 days/4days would still be cheaper than buying a park hopper for 8 days... I would think as long as we didn't go over the six ticket limit, it would work out ok. Of course the only one who has a military ID is the 9-year-old, so here's hoping she can buy 6 tickets!! ?? Do you know how that works, Steve, (or anybody)?

I'm not sure if it's changed with the different prices but we bought two sets for each person back in December. We had two people with I.d.s (not related i.d.s though). I filled my 6 tickets and the other person bought their two. We were able to activate the first set, and after they were done we activated the others.

My question is.... if you have existing days on an old ticket can you use the ticket with this new promotion since it's already been activated and used? I have one day left on mine from December 2011.

1. All current Armed Forces Salute Tickets, whether or not they have been activated, will expire at Midnight on September 30, 2012 even if they have not been sued. Effective October 1 that will not be valid for anything.

2. Nothing has officially been announced by WDW Ticketing Operations concerning any subsequent promotions, so anything that you hear is still rumor.

3. If similar rules are followed, the tickets wiull still require that either the service member, spouse, or unremarried widow will be the only people who can activate the tickets and they must be physically present at a WDW ticket or Guest Relations window.

4. I have a personal hope, but it is not up to me for this decision, that they allow any current AFS tickets which are activated between September 21 and September 30 have a 14 day expiration, which will allow people to activate them prior to expiration and use them through October 4th. This is a thought and is no way to be considered official in any way. I did mention it to someone in ticketing who said it might be considered.

1. All current Armed Forces Salute Tickets, whether or not they have been activated, will expire at Midnight on September 30, 2012 even if they have not been sued. Effective October 1 that will not be valid for anything.

2. Nothing has officially been announced by WDW Ticketing Operations concerning any subsequent promotions, so anything that you hear is still rumor.

3. If similar rules are followed, the tickets wiull still require that either the service member, spouse, or unremarried widow will be the only people who can activate the tickets and they must be physically present at a WDW ticket or Guest Relations window.

4. I have a personal hope, but it is not up to me for this decision, that they allow any current AFS tickets which are activated between September 21 and September 30 have a 14 day expiration, which will allow people to activate them prior to expiration and use them through October 4th. This is a thought and is no way to be considered official in any way. I did mention it to someone in ticketing who said it might be considered.

Well that's a bummer. Thanks though.

Just reporting ~ a couple of other people have reported being able to book tonight...not sure if that means they opened it back up? :confused3

This is from the Disney site with the info on the Armed Forces Salute tickets for the CURRENT offer (expiring 9/2012) It only says that the Service member or Spouse can buy tickets, it doesn't say anything about dependents, which I'm assuming the 9 yr old is. Also, see #3 in Cheshire's post.

Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased now through September 27, 2012 at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.

Your 9 Year old cannot buy you tickets.

Dependents, other than spouses, are not eligible to buy these tickets. You will have to pay full price. Tickets are for service members and spouses to purchase only.

Your 9 Year old cannot buy you tickets.

Dependents, other than spouses, are not eligible to buy these tickets. You will have to pay full price. Tickets are for service members and spouses to purchase only.

ehhhh.... she did two years ago... and no one batted an eye. At that time we were told that as long as she is a military dependent and carries a current military ID, then she is eligible for all military discounts (even at Lowes, lol). So THAT part we weren't concerned with... the part I was wondering about was buying six tickets instead of three.

ehhhh.... she did two years ago... and no one batted an eye. At that time we were told that as long as she is a military dependent and carries a current military ID, then she is eligible for all military discounts (even at Lowes, lol). So THAT part we weren't concerned with... the part I was wondering about was buying six tickets instead of three.

Then you seriously got away with one. Read the official rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter