Up Where They Walk, Up Where They Run: Going the Distance with Disney & My Dissertation (comments welcome!)

That skirt is too pretty!!
Gorgeous skirt 😍
It is prettier than I could have anticipated!!! I am so excited to wear it. It's nice that it's rainbow because it -should- match any color that the Girls on the Run shirt ends up being.

Happy birthday!
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday! Hope your pupper is okay 💜
Happy Birthday!!
Thank you all! Jack seems to be doing okay. He is just resting and acting pretty normal.

July 11-17

My mental health is blah. I slept a ridiculous amount this weekend. I am trying to focus on “progress not perfection” and be at peace with what I did get done this week rather than what I didn’t.

One good thing about my week is I started fundraising for MW. I am officially running the 10k for Girls on the Run but since I’m signed up for all 4 races I am actually trying to fundraise the normal Dopey amount.
Anyway, my first official donator was… John Green. The famous YA author/YouTuber/my favorite human being. Long story short is I had a Zoom with him which was a perk from his annual Project for Awesome fundraiser, a 48 hour livestream that raises money for a variety of nonprofits. The perk I bought was a Zoom where he was going to recommend me books. We chatted for like 30 minutes and at the end I asked him to donate $10 to sponsor one of my miles in the spirit of the Project for Awesome. He donated $100 (!) and is the sponsor of mile 1 of my marathon. So cool!!!
(Also, he is the author I sobbed in front of last week… I think I wrote about how the original zoom was supposed to be on my birthday but my dog had a seizure right before. He was so kind about rescheduling and the first thing he asked was how Jack was doing.)

F09CED6A-F348-42EF-B44A-25A2ADAFC1A6.jpeg
(Image description: Zoom selfie with John Green!)

Monday:
  • Run (2.1 miles- 30:03)
  • Walk (1.6 miles- 30:28)
  • Strength (25 minutes)
  • Yoga (Deep Stretch- 50 minutes)
Tuesday:
  • Pickleball (1 hour)
  • Walk (1.3 miles- 28:49)
Wednesday:
  • Run (2.2 miles- 34:10)
This was a track workout. The total time isn’t too accurate… it was actually a speed workout but I kept forgetting to stop my watch during breaks. I was at the track at 6 am for this workout and am very proud of myself for that.

Oh, and I became the female Strava “Local Legend” for the 1 mile track loop, which is something my high school would have never predicted. (My first memory of running a mile was around a track for 10th grade aerobics class, and I puked after it.)

Thursday:
  • Nothing
Friday:
  • Peloton Bike 1 (8.5 miles- 30 min)
  • Peloton Bike 2 (5.4 miles- 20 min)
The Lizzo ride was v fun. And the second ride had Part of Your World which is obviously a song I love (journal title).

Saturday:
  • Yoga (Deep Stretch- 50 minutes)
Sunday:
  • Nothing

Last edited:
quick update:

I went on a girl’s trip this weekend. We went to Point Pelee National Park in Canada and I ran to the southernmost tip of mainland Canada! There was a lot of sand and it was hard to run in lol. But I did 4.6 miles plus a .8 mile walk with everyone afterward. One of the other girls is training for a 50 miler so she ran with me.

5B4D0A5B-31AE-400B-9ACB-7E29E1678238.jpeg
(Image description: Selfie in front of Lake Erie. It was so humid and the lake breeze felt wonderful.)

D1566DA5-64D5-48A4-BF57-C0D7B7FCC901.jpeg
(Image description: I found a catfish skeleton on the beach.)

BDBF4EA7-9115-42E8-A581-D4F9269815E9.jpeg
(Image description: Selfie of me at the point. My hat almost blew away but my scrunchie saved it.)

Besides the run I didn’t get much exercise this weekend. I did walk 2.1 miles on Monday, which was pretty impressive because it was after a wine tour haha.

The girls and I also dressed up as Spice Girls which felt like good practice for Marathon Weekend.

Can you guess which Spice Girl I was? Pictures after guesses! First one to guess correctly wins (the simple prize of glory).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter