Unused Disney World NonExpiration Tickets

I still have several days left on a non expiration 10 day park hopper. I went to Disneyland last December for 3 days and bought new tickets for that, as I rather use the park hopper at Disney World. If you want to hold your non expiration tickets hoping that park hopping goes back to anytime, you can, just make sure that your reservation is using the newer tickets, NOT your non expiration ticket.

My plans may change, I already understood that tickets are non refundable, the question is how long will those 2022 tickets last? Can I use them in 4 years?

My plans may change, I already understood that tickets are non refundable, the question is how long will those 2022 tickets last? Can I use them in 4 years?
Fully-unused tickets will retain value indefinitely. That credit can be used towards future tickets, paying any additional for the new dates. I recommend making note of the ticket numbers and value because they will disappear from your view in MDE after expiration, but CMs can see it when you call for new tickets.

I'm sorry, not a native English speaker, what is CM? Why would the dickets disappear from MDE? Indefinitely means they are vadil forever? Then why would they disappear?

CM = Cast Member.
Once they expire, tickets fall off the visible part of MDE Application. It's still visible to the CMs when they look up your account. you give them the last four of the ticket and MDE account and they can look it up rather easily.
Each ticket can apply toward another single ticket value.

There's no way to combine several tickets into a single pot and then use for future tickets. It's a one to one ticket repurchase.

Indefinitely means they are vadil forever? Then why would they disappear?
The credit value should last forever. The tickets will expire based on the start date and length. As of that expiration, the ticket will no longer work to enter a park, however the value (usually what you paid) can be applied to new tickets with a new date.

You WILL NOT see them anywhere on MDE. You have to CALL Disney and the CM will be able to look it up and then apply the VALUE of the expired ticket toward a new ticket of your choice. example: 2day expired hopper $280. Four years from now, you call Disney to buy a new ticket. they look up your expired ticket, see that it's worth $280, and will apply that $280 to new ticket that'll cost -- say $500 now :0

I cancelled all the park reservations and the site tells me the tickets are only valid till 9 th of December 2022. It allows to prolong the tickets till December 2023 for $30. Not later.

It allows to prolong the tickets till December 2023 for $30. Not later.
Correct. At this point, WDW is only selling tickets through 2023. If you will be returning later than that, let the tickets expire and then when you know your new dates call to upgrade using the credit from the expired tickets. I suggest making note of the ticket numbers and value of each ticket, just for your records.

I have some non-expiring tickets that are linked to my Disney app. if I make a park reservation using one of them, but end up not going into the park, will a day of my ticket be used anyway? I was thinking of doing this to be able to experiment with Genie+. Thank you.

I have some non-expiring tickets that are linked to my Disney app. if I make a park reservation using one of them, but end up not going into the park, will a day of my ticket be used anyway? I was thinking of doing this to be able to experiment with Genie+. Thank you.
No - reservations have nothing to do with ticket usage. Only scanning into a park uses a day.

My question was intended for other people who also have non expiration hopper tickets that they have not used yet. "Has anyone tried using their Disney World non expiration tickets and inquired regarding the lost benefits?"
My family has 4 of those multi day Non Expiring tickets, if anyone does contact Disney about some sort of resolution I’d be curious as to what that was. We plan to do nothing at this point, as no one in my family is interested in the current experience. We are hopeful that some positive changes will happen next year.

Reactions: asc
I have a related but somewhat different question:

My sister bought a 7 day park hopper and more (water parks) ticket in 2016, but had to cancel. We know the ticket will still be honoured if she goes within a certain range of years (I forget, it might be by 2026 or 2031)… she’s thinking of going next fall.

Here‘s the Q:
Will the ticket expire in the fourteen day range that was the Magic Your Way standard (ie once you used it at your first park),
OR
will it expire in eleven days which is the current standard?

(I’ve been wondering & figured I’d call WDW in a few months, but perhaps the Disboards can answer!)
….. now if you bought the same ticket it expires in eleven days.

Reading about the new lawsuit made me think about our unused DisneyWorld non expiration tickets. At the time that we purchased the non expiration tickets there were not any rules requiring us to make a park reservation. We could just show up at DisneyWorld on any day that we wanted to do so. That is no longer true.

Also- the tickets are park hoppers that allowed us to enter any park at any time that we wanted to unless the park was at capacity. Now we automatically lose the use of the time from the park opens until 2 pm. If we use these tickets now, we certainly would not be getting the full usage/value that we expected to get when we purchased them. That doesn't seem fair.

Has anyone tried using their Disney World non expiration tickets and inquired regarding the lost benefits?
Value = Money. Disney could refund your money for credit and allow you to buy new tickets with the credit. The value is the same even if your experience is not. I don't think many people would be happy about it but if this becomes a bigger headache with people asking for the old ticket rules. It's the easiest legal thing they could do. My suggestion is just to use them up and be happy that you did not pay today prices.

I still have unused days on a 10 day hopper. They’re just sitting there waiting for the day when it makes sense to use them. I’m pretty sure that by then the reservation system and 2 pm hop will be over, but if it isn’t, I’ll still be happy to have days in the park that were paid for ages ago for a lot less than they would cost now.

So we have stacks of unused non expiring park hopper tickets. We used to buy them and use majority, but when they only had a couple of days here or there would save them because a single day ticket costs so much. that way we could piece together what we needed. Probably 3-5 years ago Disney stated that they tyvek or swipe tickets needed to be converted to the rfid ticket. So we went to guest services to have them converted, it was quite an ordeal to straighten out all the benefits left on each ticket. They had to manually check each tickets usage, then load new tickets. Two of our tickets were on our MDE and were accidentally used when bought annual passes. So last week while in the park we had to get that worked out. Long story short, all of our tickets were converted to "new" tickets, but have expirations of 2099 to give them the quasi non expiration benefits. It also means I can't see what was printed on the tickets, but even when they reissued our mistakenly used tickets, the CM's were talking about ticket changes coming and were making notes on our account to help other CM's in the future understand what the tickets were in case there was a problem. Because when the system is updated it impacts all tickets out there and the system does not recognize an old versus new ticket.

So we have stacks of unused non expiring park hopper tickets. We used to buy them and use majority, but when they only had a couple of days here or there would save them because a single day ticket costs so much. that way we could piece together what we needed. Probably 3-5 years ago Disney stated that they tyvek or swipe tickets needed to be converted to the rfid ticket. So we went to guest services to have them converted, it was quite an ordeal to straighten out all the benefits left on each ticket. They had to manually check each tickets usage, then load new tickets. Two of our tickets were on our MDE and were accidentally used when bought annual passes. So last week while in the park we had to get that worked out. Long story short, all of our tickets were converted to "new" tickets, but have expirations of 2099 to give them the quasi non expiration benefits. It also means I can't see what was printed on the tickets, but even when they reissued our mistakenly used tickets, the CM's were talking about ticket changes coming and were making notes on our account to help other CM's in the future understand what the tickets were in case there was a problem. Because when the system is updated it impacts all tickets out there and the system does not recognize an old versus new ticket.
I have a similar stack and got most of them converted like you. I didn’t link them all to my MDE though. They wanted to load them all but I wanted to keep some of them off my MDE to possibly save more confusion in the future or using them mistaking before I wanted to. My DH and I usually have APs but some years used regular tickets it is worked out better. But now, I don’t want to let my APs expire. So, I am mainly keeping the tickets for our kids to use in the future.

I don't think there are any lost benefits.
I have many 10 day non expiring plus more (or whatever they were called) where we used just the park days but
I also have 10 water park and extras (think it is mini golf) on each card.
I have probably about 60 days worth of water park uses but haven't been in years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter