Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

I missed the stream today. Wanted to wish everyone a blessed season of light, and bright wishes for a turning-the-page type of new year. I'm so ready for 2021 to be over, but I am also very glad that 2021 held the DIS fam reunion. I'm extremely grateful to have met and gotten to know better so many truly inspiring, wonderful people. Much love and oodles of hugs. And to those who have a hard time in these seasons of transitions... quiet support and warmth to you.
@Tiggerette So beautifully said - and the same to you, my friend.

I should be napping with working my new seasonal job at 3 am, but a quick hello and hope to catch up soon.

Happy Holidays!

Hugs to those lonely and/or going through trying times. We just lost dh's uncle to C-virus pneumonia. He had been tormented by another illness that rob him of his many talents/volunteering. His aunt and him were to celebrate their 27th maybe anniversary this week and he almost made it (2nd marriage for both).

Sorry to be MIA. I might have time to catch up soon. :santa::dogdance:

I should be napping with working my new seasonal job at 3 am, but a quick hello and hope to catch up soon.

Happy Holidays!

Hugs to those lonely and/or going through trying times. We just lost dh's uncle to C-virus pneumonia. He had been tormented by another illness that rob him of his many talents/volunteering. His aunt and him were to celebrate their 27th maybe anniversary this week and he almost made it (2nd marriage for both).

So very sorry for you and your hubby's loss. May his uncle RIP. :(

So very sorry for you and your hubby's loss. May his uncle RIP. :(
Thanks.

It is a rough holiday. I don't have hours as a seasonal which I found out during my shift, but I knew things were too quiet. The Company had to cut a lot of people weeks earlier than expected.
A couple of my side relatives are having life changing issues so I be easier for certain relatives to call to talk over some heavy topics.

Brighter side, both of my parents are healthy and active. NC Beast's mom is doing okay. His mom gave us some gifts that included random items like a lighter, candle, 2 boxes of ancient grains (too much sodium), and a travel bottle full of holy water. I guess the theme is to bless our home? or maybe exercise the bad spirits out? She is getting more interesting or even way out there as she getting in he mid 80s.

I think I lost some 10 plus pounds in 2.5 weeks in the seasonal job. I just need to workout daily to lose more and have an easier time if I go for the next Christmas op job. I hope my resume looks better with this short job.

Happy Holidays!

So sorry for your loss.
Merry Belated Christmas Everyone. We have a slight cold and terrible weather, so all plans were canceled. :crazy2: Kids loved their gifts. My son drew me the History of Super Mario Bros. It was so cool Stay say everyone!

Attachments

• super mario book.jpg
    super mario book.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1
Sending much love to NC Belle. Big big hugs and snuggly blankets of comfort.

Mom is in hospice, and will likely pass before the new year. I suppose that makes 2021 easier to close and step into 2022 with an open heart. I'm very grateful to my DIS friends who have been a part of this journey. Gratitude and blessings.

I might have time to catch up soon. :santa::dogdance:

Mom is in hospice, and will likely pass before the new year. I suppose that makes 2021 easier to close and step into 2022 with an open heart. I'm very grateful to my DIS friends who have been a part of this journey. Gratitude and blessings.
@Tiggerette So sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope she is comfortable, and at peace, as are you. Sending huge caring hugs and supportive thoughts both your ways.

Last edited:

I'm so sorry. We love the hospice staff that helped my late FIL. They made his journey easier and he had his favorite bishop drop by in time for his passing.
Sending you hugs and prayers through this time.

MIL and her sister both have been fighting the c-virus...not sure which strain. MIL did not like the idea of vax...so at least agreed to 2 of the popular meds and the antibody treatments. She got it from a nun that she does a lot of church volunteering with and maybe a group of her senior friends. She terid to hide it but I think she knew that she could not hide it too long from us...however, maybe 2 of the 4 sons may not had been told before Christmas. I hope that she relizes how close she was to being in a hospital (age/heart) if she had delayed treatments.

So sorry to hear that, losing your mom is a significant life change. My thoughts are with you.

Hi everyone. Back after a nice 106 hour power outage. The snow storm in Northern California hit us hard. We just got internet back, so that has been really nice. We have generators, so that made our life easier. So many are still suffering in my area.

Hi everyone. Back after a nice 106 hour power outage. The snow storm in Northern California hit us hard. We just got internet back, so that has been really nice. We have generators, so that made our life easier. So many are still suffering in my area.
SO sorry you're going through this, as well as so many others. We had only about 2" where I am in NJ, along with plummeting temps, and strong winds, so everything is icy, and maybe more snow coming Fri, but thank goodness I didn't lose power (so heat), and I know it could have been so much worse!

I hope you, and so many others, return to as near normal as possible, as quickly as possible. Socially distanced hugs and caring thoughts being sent!

SO sorry you're going through this, as well as so many others. We had only about 2" where I am in NJ, along with plummeting temps, and strong winds, so everything is icy, and maybe more snow coming Fri, but thank goodness I didn't lose power (so heat), and I know it could have been so much worse!

I hope you, and so many others, return to as near normal as possible, as quickly as possible. Socially distanced hugs and caring thoughts being sent!
Thank you! More and more people are slowly getting power back. The line workers are incredible. I hope yours stays normal for you! The snow is so pretty, but so destructive when your area is used to only 6".

Hi lovelies, I wanted to take a moment to share that Mom passed peacefully this morning. I know some of y'all in chatterati and here were aware of the difficulty Mom was in, so I wanted to include y'all in my circle of sharing. We are doing okay, we were so privileged to have had time to say goodbye. Of course, it's not easy- but there is so much to celebrate for her life.

I also wanted to give a virtual kudos shout-out to those who are working in the hospice and funeral fields. The compassion, skill and artistry was amazing to experience. I am in awe of those who do this work, and so blessed to have received healing from it. Thank you so much!

Hi lovelies, I wanted to take a moment to share that Mom passed peacefully this morning. I know some of y'all in chatterati and here were aware of the difficulty Mom was in, so I wanted to include y'all in my circle of sharing. We are doing okay, we were so privileged to have had time to say goodbye. Of course, it's not easy- but there is so much to celebrate for her life.

I also wanted to give a virtual kudos shout-out to those who are working in the hospice and funeral fields. The compassion, skill and artistry was amazing to experience. I am in awe of those who do this work, and so blessed to have received healing from it. Thank you so much!
So very sorry for your loss. Sending huge, caring, socially-distanced hugs.
I share your admiration for those in hospice and funeral services - I do not think I could do it. But I am SO glad there are humans on this earth that can, and do.

I'm sorry for your loss. Praying for peace for your family.

Tiggerette, I am so sorry to hear about your mother's passing. :hug:

We had long outages when we had our house in the past for some winter and in the summertime...some bad hurricanes. I think after some hurricanes in 2018 helped us deciding to go live in the city for awhile where power is restored faster.

We might have some bad weather Sunday. The grocery runs getting tricky with bagged salad recalls and low stocks for the past month.

We had long outages when we had our house in the past for some winter and in the summertime...some bad hurricanes. I think after some hurricanes in 2018 helped us deciding to go live in the city for awhile where power is restored faster.

We might have some bad weather Sunday. The grocery runs getting tricky with bagged salad recalls and low stocks for the past month.
I believe all of my area has power. Some of a couple of other counties are still struggling. I had friends without for 14 days.

Yep - going through same issues here - had to throw out salad stuff several times, and also having "supply chain and out of stock issues" - the other day it was blueberries and celery, and somebody said the store's meat and poultry sections were barren. We're also facing that storm here Sunday into Monday - good news is supposed to be less snow and frozen stuff - bad news - more winds. Hoping we don't lose power - of course for lights/cooking/TV/etc. but mostly because it would mean no heat. :( Having another frigid wave tonight into tomorrow - highs only supposed to be in 20'.s, and it's already very breezy today, so will feel even colder. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!