Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

I am not sure if this is over the top, but my neighbor has several dogs. 2 of them are quiet and I may have heard them bark on rare occasions. My neighbor has a chain link fence and I have a wooden privacy fence. For me to get my riding mower into the back yard, I have to unlock the gate on that side of the property. In addition, anytime I do any landscaping or yard work on that side of my house, the 3rd dog barks insensibly.

So I decided to buy and install an anti-barking device just behind my fence between the pickets as not to cover the microphone and speaker. I am a huge dog lover and feel that this dog is doing what it is supposed to do. However, this neighbor has been known to let this dog out, within minutes after bringing him/her inside, when they see me working on that side of my property (almost in an antagonistic manner).

So far, when this dog barks, it looks at the area where the device is and has backed up a few feet. But, it has not stopped the barking yet.

Can you change up frequency to see if that could work? Maybe trying to have a dog whistle on you and using it in short bursts (or even maybe a regular whistle/sound maker might work too) when that dog barks at you? Dogs can vary in responses and unfortunately it is better for the owner to correct behavior.

I remember back in comparative animal psychology course that a dog usually respond to a low growl because that is how mama dog corrects her pups.

Yeah...I can switch the dial between small/medium/large dogs. Or on the other pamphlet that is written is broken English, between short/medium/long range. I have only played with the medium/long range. My intent is to not cause discomfort to the dog, but set a virtual boundary (which my be in the process of working itself out). I have thought of setting up a lounge chair on that side of my property and just "hang out" to see if it "adheres" to the ultrasonic signal. It's a sucky situation.

Yeah...I can switch the dial between small/medium/large dogs. Or on the other pamphlet that is written is broken English, between short/medium/long range. I have only played with the medium/long range. My intent is to not cause discomfort to the dog, but set a virtual boundary (which my be in the process of working itself out). I have thought of setting up a lounge chair on that side of my property and just "hang out" to see if it "adheres" to the ultrasonic signal. It's a sucky situation.
Aaaah - OK - so it's like a "sound thing" then. Cool, if it works, hadn't hear of something like that. Certainly less violent than a shock collar.

Happy Potato Chip day and PI π Day!

We are celebrating π Pi with Coconut Creme pie (Publix was sold out of on sale Key Lime Pie)!

Dinner is not Pizza pie due to its naughty sodium and fat and had to pick dessert for the win.

Happy Potato Chip day and PI π Day!

We are celebrating π Pi with Coconut Creme pie (Publix was sold out of on sale Key Lime Pie)!

Dinner is not Pizza pie due to its naughty sodium and fat and had to pick dessert for the win.
I love coconut creme (and custard) pie - enjoy!!

What happens when Walt Disney World meets the equine world in Ocala, Florida? You get World Equestrian Center (free for all visitors/guests).

I can't take enough pictures to justify the magnitude and beauty of this equine theme park (https://worldequestriancenter.com/ocala-fl/equestrian-events/spectators/).

I got a chance to visit the newly opened World Equestrian Center (WEC) recently (visiting a relative). I was overwhelmed with it's size, layout and resort amenities. The opulent hotel was not open yet, but is right at center stage of the main show ring (a miniature looking Riviera at WDW?).

The massive video boards are flanked with shade covered stands. I took a pic.

I think I counted 7 restaurants/eateries onsite.

There is an onsite gas station, another massive outdoor ring/concert stadium, countless dressage/jumper arenas and even full-size air conditioned arenas. They use non-equine arenas as convention/tradeshow centers. I think there are ~300 RV pads/sites with full hook-ups.

For the horses, 2,100 permanent concrete stalls, temperature-controlled air conditioning and ceiling fans.

I am mighty impressed.

What happens when Walt Disney World meets the equine world in Ocala, Florida? You get World Equestrian Center (free for all visitors/guests).

I can't take enough pictures to justify the magnitude and beauty of this equine theme park (https://worldequestriancenter.com/ocala-fl/equestrian-events/spectators/).

I got a chance to visit the newly opened World Equestrian Center (WEC) recently (visiting a relative). I was overwhelmed with it's size, layout and resort amenities. The opulent hotel was not open yet, but is right at center stage of the main show ring (a miniature looking Riviera at WDW?).

The massive video boards are flanked with shade covered stands. I took a pic.

I think I counted 7 restaurants/eateries onsite.

View attachment 565975

There is an onsite gas station, another massive outdoor ring/concert stadium, countless dressage/jumper arenas and even full-size air conditioned arenas. They use non-equine arenas as convention/tradeshow centers. I think there are ~300 RV pads/sites with full hook-ups.

For the horses, 2,100 permanent concrete stalls, temperature-controlled air conditioning and ceiling fans.

I am mighty impressed.
Wow - fantastic-looking place! Thanx for sharing.

I just noticed today that we have 2 step verification options for logging in.. We like having the extra step.

I had my second Pfizer shot yesterday and I was okay for the first hours until I got sensitive to light levels and my sinus headache had pain increase with the shot side effect. 2 tyenols spaced later..I can tolerate some screen time. The pollens levels were bad even our poor dog had been sneezing a lot.

Dh gets his second dose Moderna in 9 days...then both us get fully vaccinated status and maybe we can plan some fun this summer (dh has to finish his security plus tests plus take another recertification).

Hope y'all are doing well.

:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!