Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Huge hugs back to you @NC Belle - hope you get to mending physically, and hope you get to relax, and enjoy you new home SOON. Until you're "settled in" and enjoying it, it will be a house - I want to hear it's your HOME. SOON.

I also like the "labels only belong on jars" saying, that's most excellent!

Merry Christmas! Not too sure about this day. Kids didn't like my cinnamon rolls so I cried. Then I put my new blanket in the dryer, instructions said I could, and it started smoking and set off the fire alarm. Sadly no liquor in the house. :sad: Well here is to a better rest of my day!!!!:hug:

This will probably be an unpopular opinion on this board, but here goes...

Other than the final 8-10 minutes or so, I thought "Mary Poppins Returns" was bad.
We saw it today. I definitely don't think it was bad. As a stand alone film, I thought it was cute and enjoyable. The music was underwhelming. I can't imagine any of the songs catching on as Disney standards. This was my first time seeing Lin Manuel Miranda do anything and I enjoyed his performance. However I didn't care for Emily Blunt at all. If she was supposed to be playing the same character as Julie Andrews, it sure didn't show.

As for how it was as a "sequel", I don't think it did well in that regard. In fact, I really wouldn't call it a sequel (hence the quotation marks). It was really just a retelling of the original story. I saw one comment on Facebook that matched it up against the original scene for scene and that is very true. I think I would have liked it a lot more had they not gone that route and had come up with a brand new story instead. The whole time, I'm thinking "Oh, this is the new rooftop dance number and this is the new bedtime song and this is the new tea party on the ceiling scene". Both my daughter and I found that blatantly obvious.

So overall, I think it is worth seeing and I enjoyed it more than I thought I might but I don't think it will have any staying power.

Can you guys send my family some prayers and good wishes? It looks like my grandpa will be on hospice. It isn't looking good. He is 88 and has lived an amazing life. Sadly it isn't easy for my family. My grandma passed almost 9 years ago, so I know he misses her. Thank you everyone. :hug:

Can you guys send my family some prayers and good wishes? It looks like my grandpa will be on hospice. It isn't looking good. He is 88 and has lived an amazing life. Sadly it isn't easy for my family. My grandma passed almost 9 years ago, so I know he misses her. Thank you everyone. :hug:

Sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Superme80, our prayers and thoughts for you and your family. Hospice provided us with comfort and plans when FIL was dealing with his terminal cancer 9 years ago. He outlasted his various "timelines" several times until 15/16 months after diagnosis. We saw him about 3 or 4 weeks before he was ready to go (and by coincidence his favorite bishop was dropping by to visit in time to do prayers).

Thank you everyone. We went down and saw him today. He slept through most of the time we were there. He opened his eyes to say hi and listen to a message from my out of state cousin. Seeing him puts me at peace, but it still sucks. My kids did the best they could, but kid+hospital= LOTS of "Be quiet!" Not so loud!" My aunt is here, so she and my mom will be working together to get my grandpa the best care and being as comfortable as possible.

@superme80 - Sorry I missed being here to send you love and support before your Grampa passed, but know i am sending you huge hugs now, and the hope that you, and your family, find comfort in your loving memories very soon. :hug:

We saw it today. I definitely don't think it was bad. As a stand alone film, I thought it was cute and enjoyable. The music was underwhelming. I can't imagine any of the songs catching on as Disney standards. This was my first time seeing Lin Manuel Miranda do anything and I enjoyed his performance. However I didn't care for Emily Blunt at all. If she was supposed to be playing the same character as Julie Andrews, it sure didn't show.

As for how it was as a "sequel", I don't think it did well in that regard. In fact, I really wouldn't call it a sequel (hence the quotation marks). It was really just a retelling of the original story. I saw one comment on Facebook that matched it up against the original scene for scene and that is very true. I think I would have liked it a lot more had they not gone that route and had come up with a brand new story instead. The whole time, I'm thinking "Oh, this is the new rooftop dance number and this is the new bedtime song and this is the new tea party on the ceiling scene". Both my daughter and I found that blatantly obvious.

So overall, I think it is worth seeing and I enjoyed it more than I thought I might but I don't think it will have any staying power.
Don't know if I'll get out to see this. Haven't even made it out to see Ralph yet. :(

Mods, please ban me. I am not worthy. :rolleyes2

Don't know if I'll get out to see this. Haven't even made it out to see Ralph yet. :(

Mods, please ban me. I am not worthy. :rolleyes2
LOVED MARY!!!
and we are just hanging here in nj. homebodies here for new years!
but here's a kicker: my son is going this week to visit my dad's friend in NY (he always wanted to go) because his friend (being really my paternal grandmother's friend) is 107 years young!!!! oh my!!! So that will be a fun day for sure ahead! unbelieveable . 107. reminds me of dick van dyke in mary poppins returns, lots of time Mr. Dyke ahead! haha.

Wow - 107 - unbelievable!!

Homebody for NY here too, although I have been, for MANY years. Safer that way, and MUCH MUCH cheaper, for SURE!!!

DH worked today so an early night for him...first time in awhile that we get to "celebrate" NYE together. He is slated to go night shift soon. We got a lot of unboxing to do still.

Our dog likes the new place and has a pine cone obsession. She likes to play with them and shred them down. Oreo has started to finally learn to catch bites of food,,,someday it will be a ball or another toy. She is enjoying the dog park so she may go to WDW in the future if we do Ft. Wilderness and car trip...but, dh's vacation time is none unless he goes without pay while he is still on a contractor status.

Thank you so much everyone! It has been a rough couple of days. Lots of family drama. So ready for things to simmer down. My mom is amazing. I love her so much. My best friend came up with her kids and we got to spend some time together. Tomorrow will be relaxing. Happy New Year everyone!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter