Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by *NikkiBell*, Aug 13, 2016.

1. KingLlama

KingLlama My car finished 3rd on Radiator Springs Racers.

Annie Wersching: :love:

2. Alicenwonderment

Alicenwonderment DIS Veteran

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Eoywin

Eoywin Chaos Mandy

I played the clarinet in high school and bit in college. I prefer singing though - I was actually a voice music major for a year in college.

superme80 likes this.
  5. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I played piano growing up and can still read music/play basic stuff. Also played alto sax in school but haven't in a long time

I played guitar and bass guitar in bands in high school - really just play acoustic guitar now (starting to teach my kids a bit - the main song from Moana is surprisingly straight forward so using that to get them excited/into it)

Also have sung in choir in the past (tenor). I led worship groups in college as well

6. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

They recently did Polite Pig:

Homecomin':

D-Luxe:

Planet Hollywood:

Morimoto - take out:

7. Eoywin

Eoywin Chaos Mandy

After watching the vlog, I really want to eat at the Polite Pig!

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  8. pjweaver

pjweaver just happy to be here

I think we may have finally gotten to the point where I don't have to do a park every day. We always say we can, but end up in one anyway because otherwise, why am I in WDW. I may finally be OK doing pool/Disney Springs and not using a day of ticket time.

wilkeliza likes this.
  9. Eoywin

Eoywin Chaos Mandy

We always do a rest day where we hang out at the pool and go to Disney Springs - it's nice and probably the most relaxing day of our trip :)

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  10. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

I agree - there are a LOT of places at Disney Springs I want to eat at, and have LOVED all the vlogs and reviews!!

And I also try to work at least one "laid back day" into my trips, which would probably include Disney Springs (used to be The Marketplace or Downtown Disney the last time I went!!! LOL). I'd probably even go to Springs just to "hang out" in the evenings now too, since I used to go to Pleasure Island when that was around, but Springs is now such a hot spot (even for those that don't drink anymore, like me). Just a lot going on there, and I would guess great people-watching, which is what I'd be doing. :)

11. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

We do too - although we usually then think of other things to do (Disney Springs, mini-golf, etc.) so winds up being not that much of a "down day"

Especially in the summer / when the park hours are longer we do a lot of long breaks in the afternoon or may only do a park for half the day and then relax or do Disney Springs, etc

12. suomyno

suomyno Earning My Ears

When we go down for the Dis 20th we are kind of forced into a trip that is, except for the Epcot party, park-less for financial reasons. We've always taken breaks during the day, but only ever skip the parks if it's an airport day.

I'm alright with this in theory but we'll see how it plays out in practice.

13. gcoolie

gcoolie I do believe in fairies!

Thanks so much. Very helpful!

14. KingLlama

KingLlama My car finished 3rd on Radiator Springs Racers.

Thursday morning randoms....

-69 days until my first-ever trip to Disneyland. Hype level: TILT.

-Got a book of new grilling/smoking recipes and techniques. Thinking that might become my Sunday afternoon/evening summer thing....just experiment, and if it flops, order a pizza.

-I want to stay up late and watch basketball/hockey playoffs....really, I do. But waking up at 4:30 each morning to work out/read leaves ol' KL worn out by 9:15 p.m. So that's when I end up taking off my cardigan, taking out my teeth, turning off "Matlock" and hitting the sack these days.

-CURRENT LISTENING: The queue loop from Soarin'. Helps me keep my sanity in the office.

-CURRENTLY ON THE NIGHTSTAND: "Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley and the Los Angeles Lakers" by Jeff Pearlman, and "Where Men Win Glory" by Jon Krakauer

-Other than my standard two Diet Mt. Dews each day at work, I'm drinking nothin' but Arnold Palmers from now through Labor Day. Arnold Palmer...The Official Summer Drink of King Llama.

Out.

15. SorcererHeidi

Totally enjoyed reading this, and sharing your upcoming DL excitement with you! :)

16. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

Finally saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I really enjoyed it.

17. SorcererHeidi

Probably won't go see it, but that Baby Groot @ WDW is REALLY adorable!!!

I personally can't WAIT for the new Pirates!! <drool, drool>

superme80 likes this.
  18. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

He's very cute in the movie too - especially the opening seen. He does have a bit of a potty mouth though

at the end he turns into Teenager Groot and is a pretty stereotypical teenager

superme80, wilkeliza and rteetz like this.
  19. SorcererHeidi

I like him even MORE now!!!! :joker:

20. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

I won't be seeing the Pirates film. I didn't like the other ones, but I loved the trailer for the new Star Wars and the new Kingsmen movie. I have to see Cars 3. It will be the first time I have taken any of my kids to a movie theater. They are so excited.

21. SorcererHeidi

Will def see Cars 3 too. Did not see the other 2 Cars for a LONG time because I thought I wouldn't like them, and was surprised how enjoyable I found them! Had exactly the same feelings about Wreck It Ralph.