*Unofficial* 2022 DIScon Fan Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I love running, I can watch people do it for hours. If you're going to run, I'll grab a cup of coffee and watch you run. That sounds like my cup of tea, er, coffee.
Bwhahaha.... you can time my laps... it would be like The Falcon and Cap.... ;) :D heh!
I see the con doesn't start till 10am. So I'll do a run on Friday morning and a second one either Sunday or Monday morning. EDIT: I added a Friday Sunrise Run to the first post. Bring your jogging/walking shoes for some great craic! or your hot beverage and poms poms as we lap by! ;) :D

There is a slight chance I might troop at GKtW on Sunday morning, but I'll know by Wed Sep 28th if I'll be heading out to the village. My background check may not be complete in time.

Last edited:

Here's an update on the Facebook group's Thursday night crawl: It will be a monorail crawl, beginning at the Contemporary at 5 pm and ending at the GF.

Bwhahaha.... you can time my laps... it would be like The Falcon and Cap.... ;) :D heh!
I see the con doesn't start till 10am. So I'll do a run on Friday morning and a second one either Sunday or Monday morning. EDIT: I added a Friday Sunrise Run to the first post. Bring your jogging/walking shoes for some great craic! or your hot beverage and poms poms as we lap by! ;) :D

There is a slight chance I might troop at GKtW on Sunday morning, but I'll know by Wed Sep 28th if I'll be heading out to the village. My background check may not be complete in time.

I am Pom Pom less so I'll have coffee and a stop watch. I'll be looking for a 1:40 mile. Wait, that's horse racing, never mind.

Here's an update on the Facebook group's Thursday night crawl: It will be a monorail crawl, beginning at the Contemporary at 5 pm and ending at the GF.
Where are you stopping? Outer Rim, Trader Sam's and Enchanted Rose? I think you need an ADR for Trader Sam's though I may be incorrect.

Where are you stopping? Outer Rim, Trader Sam's and Enchanted Rose? I think you need an ADR for Trader Sam's though I may be incorrect.

It was only decided yesterday to make it a monorail crawl so all the details are still TBD.

It was only decided yesterday to make it a monorail crawl so all the details are still TBD.
I have a question for you all and if anyone has the answer that would be awesome: I am staying at the Waldorf Astoria and I’m renting a car. This will be my first time not staying at a Disney owned resort. What advice can you give to be able to park at the Contemporary so I can participate in the monorail crawl?

What advice can you give to be able to park at the Contemporary so I can participate in the monorail crawl?
You won't be allowed to park at the Contemporary for the monorail crawl. I'd consider making a reservation for dinner at Steakhouse 71 that night, in which case the guard will allow you to enter the lot there.

You won't be allowed to park at the Contemporary for the monorail crawl. I'd consider making a reservation for dinner at Steakhouse 71 that night, in which case the guard will allow you to enter the lot there.
+1 for the concern about being allowed to park without reservation. Perhaps joining the FaceBook private group might help you find a carpool situation. So far, no one has shared they are staying at W&A on this thread.

We do have an unofficial Thursday night event up at the Coronado rooftop bar, Dahlia, for 8pm thru fireworks. You're more than welcome to join us there if that works better for you and/or using rideshare to avoid having to worry about parking or imbibing.
:cutie:

I have a question for you all and if anyone has the answer that would be awesome: I am staying at the Waldorf Astoria and I’m renting a car. This will be my first time not staying at a Disney owned resort. What advice can you give to be able to park at the Contemporary so I can participate in the monorail crawl?

Get a bus from WA to The Magic Kingdom and A) Walk to the Contemporary Resort or B) Get a Monorail from MK to the Contemporary.

If you do make a reservation at Steakhouse 71, be sure to postpone it a couple of days then don't forget to cancel it.

Get a bus from WA to The Magic Kingdom and A) Walk to the Contemporary Resort or B) Get a Monorail from MK to the Contemporary.

If you do make a reservation at Steakhouse 71, be sure to postpone it a couple of days then don't forget to cancel it.
Thank you!!
Thank you for your advice! I may even try to eat there before the crawl. I arrive into town in the morning.

+1 for the concern about being allowed to park without reservation. Perhaps joining the FaceBook private group might help you find a carpool situation. So far, no one has shared they are staying at W&A on this thread.

We do have an unofficial Thursday night event up at the Coronado rooftop bar, Dahlia, for 8pm thru fireworks. You're more than welcome to join us there if that works better for you and/or using rideshare to avoid having to worry about parking or imbibing.
:cutie:
Ohhh that is a good idea too. So many choices which is so exciting. I can’t wait! Thank you!

And another great idea!! You all are so amazing and helpful!! Thanks! Can’t wait to meet everyone!

I guess this advice is also good for the Coronado meet. Perhaps make a reservation at Rix Lounge for around 7pm?

Thank you for your advice! I may even try to eat there before the crawl. I arrive in town in the morning.

I don't see any reservations available at Steakhouse 71 on that Thursday. Maybe you'll have better luck than I do.

I
I guess this advice is also good for the Coronado meet. Perhaps make a reservation at Rix Lounge for around 7pm?

I don't see any reservations available at Steakhouse 71 on that Thursday. Maybe you'll have better luck than I do.
I'm tending to think that it will be easier to park at Coronado Springs than the Contemporary. The Contemporary is next to MK and people try to park there for the park. I think if you just say you're meeting friends there for a convention, Krista (Tiggerette) or Danielle you should be fine.

All this talk about ADR's has me thinking. If they will let you in at the gate if you're there for food, and they let you mobile order but don't start to prepare your food until you say you're there, why can't you just do a mobile order and then never pick it up?

All this talk about ADR's has me thinking. If they will let you in at the gate if you're there for food, and they let you mobile order but don't start to prepare your food until you say you're there, why can't you just do a mobile order and then never pick it up?

I was planning something similar. The MDE app states that you have to be a Contemporary or GF guest to mobile order from their restaurants, but it doesn't have that statement for the Poly. So I was thinking of ordering something from Capt. Cook's or Kona Cafe and then taking the monorail over to the Contemporary for the crawl. I'm planning to go ahead and eat the food, though. :)

Since the monorail crawl starts at 5 pm and the Coronado meet is at 8 pm, I'm going to try to make it to both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter