*Unofficial* 2022 DIScon Fan Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't do the Facebook, could you paste the info here so I can update the thread?
We are planning a monorail or DS crawl Thur night. Also we are doing Halloween party on Friday 9/30. Also planned is Epcot 40th Anniversary drink and eat around the world on Sat am
If you want to join us for any of these, just check here for time and place of meet up.
I don't do the Facebook, could you paste the info here so I can update the thread?
We are planning a monorail or DS crawl Thur night. Also we are doing Halloween party on Friday 9/30. Also planned is Epcot 40th Anniversary drink and eat around the world on Sat am
If you want to join us for any of these, just check here for time and place of meet up.
I pasted the above info from the Facebook group. You would need to join the Facebook group to get details. Group is private so ask to join group Unofficial DIS CON.

I pasted the above info from the Facebook group. You would need to join the Facebook group to get details. Group is private so ask to join group Unofficial DIS CON.
Where are you meeting for EPCOT on Sat?

We are planning a monorail or DS crawl Thur night.
Thanks! Could you also post in the Facebook group about our planned meetup at the Coronado rooftop lounge, Dahlia, for 8pm, please?
Appreciate the help! That way people who are staying at or near the host hotel also are aware about this unofficial meet-up available to them. Thank you very much!

PS. I updated first post with the FB info. thank you!

Last edited:

I’m arriving Wednesday the 28th and am doing Universal HHN if anyone wants to join. I do have express pass, so ideally you should too. I’ll have a rental car for transportation.
Hi Steve! What night(s) are you doing the HHN? I'm updating the first post with potential meet-ups. :)
PS. If it's the Sept 29, I have that already, but I will update with express pass info.

Last edited:
Two Event Questions:
1) What do we think about the YeeHaa Bob show Saturday evening for non-EPCOT party peeps? It looks like his show starts at 8:30pm. So I guess we'd want to get there for 7-7:30pm to get a table. If it's good weather we could meet at PO FQ for evening snack and stroll over to Riverside. It's a lovely winding path.

2) Sunday unofficial meet-up? Since the live stream is on Saturday, we don't need to worry about that scheduling issue. I think we need to keep in mind folx will be recovering from the late night EPCOT party. Large group ADRs might be tough to get. Meeting up for a Lobby/Lounge hangout might be easiest, and I'm certainly open to other ideas.

Just to double check, is there a competing sat night or Sunday event being planned on the Facebook group? I don't want to draw away from their events, when we could potentially all meet up elsewhere.

Last edited:

I checked the Farmer's Almanac for the weather outlook for Orlando, FL at the end of the month. For what it's worth, it said Sunny, turning cool, temperature 81.5. I do hope they are right.
lovely - I hope they are right. That's how it is here in NC right now.

Just to double check, is there a competing sat night or Sunday event being planned on the Facebook group? I don't want to draw away from their events, when we could potentially all meet up elsewhere.

The Facebook group is a bit unorganized, but I don't see any mention of Saturday evening or Sunday plans. The only conflict I see is the Thursday night crawl.

I'll be at the Epcot party so I'll have to miss Yehaa Bob with you all (I might see him another night) but I'd love to meet up with people on Sunday.

The Facebook group is a bit unorganized, but I don't see any mention of Saturday evening or Sunday plans. The only conflict I see is the Thursday night crawl.

I'll be at the Epcot party so I'll have to miss Yehaa Bob with you all (I might see him another night) but I'd love to meet up with people on Sunday.
Thanks! If you end up seeing a host for the 09/30 Halloween party, let me know and I'll update it here in the thread.

I see the EPCOT party starts at 10:30pm, so technically, there is time to make the 8:30pm set for YeeHaa Bob and leave by 9:45 or 10pm to get to the entrance of EPCOT. :jester: :lovestruc

*edit* PS. Anyone really wanting to do YeeHaa Bob Sat night? I can host, but only if we really have folks that are planning to go. I'm open to other ideas... mainly I just like hanging with my DISpeeps. :D

Last edited:
Two Event Questions:
1) What do we think about the YeeHaa Bob show Saturday evening for non-EPCOT party peeps? It looks like his show starts at 8:30pm. So I guess we'd want to get there for 7-7:30pm to get a table. If it's good weather we could meet at PO FQ for evening snack and stroll over to Riverside. It's a lovely winding path.

2) Sunday unofficial meet-up? Since the live stream is on Saturday, we don't need to worry about that scheduling issue. I think we need to keep in mind folx will be recovering from the late night EPCOT party. Large group ADRs might be tough to get. Meeting up for a Lobby/Lounge hangout might be easiest, and I'm certainly open to other ideas.

Bob sounds good to me. Anything on Sunday works for me too, except I need to be on the road by 2pm to head back to Tampa.

Just a few more weeks!! Since this is my first event, I can't wait to meet some new friends! ☺️

Wed 9/28 - I'll also be at HHN but I'll be on the RIP Tour

Fri 9/30 - going to MNSSHP. If anyone wants to meet up or say Hi, I'll be wearing a "Birthday Ghoul" shirt. I like to watch the fireworks from Fantasyland... less crowds, more booms 😆

Sat 10/1 - I'm gonna rope drop EPCOT to see if they have any special maps or merch for the 40th. I'm staying at Coronado if anyone wants to meet up and take the bus over. Then, back to the resort for some DIS Con fun and a nap lol before going back to EPCOT for the After Hours party.

Sun 10/2 - I might go to MK or Studios in the morning, not sure yet but I'm flexible if there's something else planned.

I have an idea for Sunday: Butterflies and Brunch!

Meet at Gran Destino Tower for 10am... Take a little stroll trail to the Butterfly Garden and ending up at the open air Three Bridges Bar and Grill by 11am, which is nestled in the lake of the Coronado. Walk-ups are welcome, 3 Bridges B&G doesn't take reservations. People can order whatever feels best for them, as little or more as desired. It's like Geyser Point: water, nature, libations and good company!

What do y'all think? Should we do this as an unofficial meet-up for Sunday? Any adjustments or alternatives?

https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm
(Route: Leave GranDestino, towards "The DigSite" stay on trail path over the water. Visit with the Butterflies and scenic vistas, continue onward to the bridge at "Casitas" to the 3 Bridges Bar&Grill. Estimated distance 0.6mi. ECV/wheelchair accessible.)

EDIT: Alas, I just checked the hours for 3Bridges. They don't open till 4:30pm. *womp womp* I'll review other options for post butterfly location.

Last edited:
Aww, Sunday brunch at Three Bridges would've been perfect. I LOVE their churros! When I stayed there last year, I would place a mobile order on my way back from the parks at night, grab my churros, put on my pj's and eat warm churros before going to bed. It was awesome 😂

I have an idea for Sunday: Butterflies and Brunch!

Meet at Gran Destino Tower for 10am... Take a little stroll trail to the Butterfly Garden and ending up at the open air Three Bridges Bar and Grill by 11am, which is nestled in the lake of the Coronado. Walk-ups are welcome, 3 Bridges B&G doesn't take reservations. People can order whatever feels best for them, as little or more as desired. It's like Geyser Point: water, nature, libations and good company!

What do y'all think? Should we do this as an unofficial meet-up for Sunday? Any adjustments or alternatives?

https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm
(Route: Leave GranDestino, towards "The DigSite" stay on trail path over the water. Visit with the Butterflies and scenic vistas, continue onward to the bridge at "Casitas" to the 3 Bridges Bar&Grill. Estimated distance 0.6mi. ECV/wheelchair accessible.)

EDIT: Alas, I just checked the hours for 3Bridges. They don't open till 4:30pm. *womp womp* I'll review other options for post butterfly location.

I seem to recall (hey, it's been 5 years since I've stayed at CS) that they have outdoor seating somewhere near their food court, I think its named Mercado. Does the order we walk matter? Will Pooh be there to capture the butterflies? If so, does anyone mind if I kidnap him and bring him home with me?

Aww, Sunday brunch at Three Bridges would've been perfect. I LOVE their churros! When I stayed there last year, I would place a mobile order on my way back from the parks at night, grab my churros, put on my pj's and eat warm churros before going to bed. It was awesome 😂
Maybe we need a sunset meet at Three Bridges some time? Could be a YeeHaa Bob alternative if folks don't feel up to going to an enclosed sing-along setting. Hmmm....
I seem to recall (hey, it's been 5 years since I've stayed at CS) that they have outdoor seating somewhere near their food court, I think its named Mercado. Does the order we walk matter? Will Pooh be there to capture the butterflies? If so, does anyone mind if I kidnap him and bring him home with me?
The order only matters for me due to the heat and sun. The daystar, it burns!!! ;) I thought gathering any earlier than 10am wouldn't be fair for the people coming from the EPCOT party.
That said, I will probably have a run or two near dawn (6:30am) during the weekend. Happy to have folks join in if they like early morning jogs. The running trail is 0.9mi. I'll do at least 3-4 laps at a time. Folks can join for a lap or two or four. I'll update the thread later this weekend.

Maybe we need a sunset meet at Three Bridges some time? Could be a YeeHaa Bob alternative if folks don't feel up to going to an enclosed sing-along setting. Hmmm....

The order only matters for me due to the heat and sun. The daystar, it burns!!! ;) I thought gathering any earlier than 10am wouldn't be fair for the people coming from the EPCOT party.
That said, I will probably have a run or two near dawn (6:30am) during the weekend. Happy to have folks join in if they like early morning jogs. The running trail is 0.9mi. I'll do at least 3-4 laps at a time. Folks can join for a lap or two or four. I'll update the thread later this weekend.

Yeah, I thought of the sun too, at noon it does get hot down here.

Oh, I love running, I can watch people do it for hours. If you're going to run, I'll grab a cup of coffee and watch you run. That sounds like my cup of tea, er, coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter