Unlimited coffee packs?

It’s not free, it’s charged at a princely sum, to our dues. I’m worried this new free for all policy could result in dues increases because of selfish people abusing it.
We just got back from a stay at a moderate, CBR. And they gave us a $40 gift card for choosing no daily cleaning, but we could still ask for extra coffee and towels delivered. If the extra towels and coffee delivery cost Disney that much, they wouldn’t give gift cards at cheaper resorts.

We just got back from a stay at a moderate, CBR. And they gave us a $40 gift card for choosing no daily cleaning, but we could still ask for extra coffee and towels delivered. If the extra towels and coffee delivery cost Disney that much, they wouldn’t give gift cards at cheaper resorts.
If the guest at a moderate or value got daily housekeeping, they’d get the towels and coffee anyway. The GC is for reducing the personnel cost of cleaning the room daily. In DVC resorts, where previously towels and coffee were replaced only every four days and rooms cleaned every eight days or at checkout, the cost of laundering additional numbers of towels and providing additional coffee can indeed add up. But it’s no skin off Disney’s back - our dues will increase to cover it.

Rookie UK question. If we wanted to buy our own coffee rather than use the stuff in the rooms what would we need to buy? We’d be doing a Walmart shop that would be waiting for us on arrival. Flat bottom filters I think??, but then what sort of coffee does it need, coffee filters aren’t really a thing here!

I like the coffee, but I take it out of the filter packs. I use two of those packs in my own basket filter. I add eight cups of water. Turns out full bodied and delicious. Don’t like it using their filter packs though.
That's a great tip! Thank you, I'll try this next time.

If you like real coffee bring your own. One pot of theirs and you know why it's free. :rotfl:
1000x yes! I'm a proud coffee snob. One of the last trips we did a split stay and thought we could get by without packing our coffee or ordering groceries. I was so sad that first morning and immediately regretted that decision. I think I ended up paying like 12$for a tiny bag of coffee in Italy :rotfl2:.

Rookie UK question. If we wanted to buy our own coffee rather than use the stuff in the rooms what would we need to buy? We’d be doing a Walmart shop that would be waiting for us on arrival. Flat bottom filters I think??, but then what sort of coffee does it need, coffee filters aren’t really a thing here!
Yes to the flat bottom style.... I can't remember the size though. I've used paper towels in a move of desperation.

Yes flat bottom filters for 10-12 cup coffee maker and any ground coffee of your choice. We also use bottled water. Sugar and 1/2 and 1/2 if you use it.

Yes flat bottom filters for 10-12 cup coffee maker and any ground coffee of your choice. We also use bottled water. Sugar and 1/2 and 1/2 if you use it.
Yeah, definitely the bottled water. I can drink the Disney water and be ok, I mean it's kinda gross, but when you make coffee with it you get such a wierd taste.

If you like real coffee bring your own. One pot of theirs and you know why it's free. :rotfl:
And you'll need filters for the coffee maker (flat bottom 10-12 cup Mr Coffee style). If you get the smaller 4-6 cup coffee maker and want the larger, just call Housekeeping and ask them to bring you the larger one.

I bring my own coffee and flat bottom filters (Mr. Coffee brand or similar) . For quick and easy clean up, I make my own "filter pack". (Less expensive than the ones you buy plus I can use my own favorite coffee brand). Put filter in the basket, add coffee, put another filter on top of the coffee. Easy to do & very easy to clean up afterwards.

I do this at home, too. Used coffee grounds and filter go right in the compost bucket. No more coffee grounds everywhere., or down the drain.

I bring my own coffee and flat bottom filters (Mr. Coffee brand or similar) . For quick and easy clean up, I make my own "filter pack". (Less expensive than the ones you buy plus I can use my own favorite coffee brand). Put filter in the basket, add coffee, put another filter on top of the coffee. Easy to do & very easy to clean up afterwards.

I do this at home, too. Used coffee grounds and filter go right in the compost bucket. No more coffee grounds everywhere., or down the drain.

That’s sounds a great idea

thanks all nice a clear on what we need now. Will defo use bottled water as we buy a tonne of water as the tap water tastes too different to back home. Don’t like it at all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter