Universal will reopen June 5th!

Virtual queue had been added to Jurassic Park River Adventure so at least one water ride will be open. I'm fairly sure they all will be.

I am not a complainer by nature, but I bought three Express Unlimited passes for a Sunday, which put them at over a hundred dollars each. I did this because I know my grandson, age seven, and me, on a controlled asthma regimen, could have some difficulty wearing masks in hot outside queues. I also booked a night at the least expensive on property resort we probably will not stay in, so we would be able to have guaranteed entry, possibly an hour early when it is cooler, but no matter. I am willing to pay extra since we wont be able to return for at least a year, and I want him to have a magical time in spite of our Disney vacay being cancelled. If we have to wait in lots of virtual lines I will feel like I wasted over $300. If this is the case, I am hoping I will know in time to get a refund of the money I spent on these Express passes, and we will begin to look at what rides we consider must do's and eliminated as many others as possible.

I am not a complainer by nature, but I bought three Express Unlimited passes for a Sunday, which put them at over a hundred dollars each. I did this because I know my grandson, age seven, and me, on a controlled asthma regimen, could have some difficulty wearing masks in hot outside queues. I also booked a night at the least expensive on property resort we probably will not stay in, so we would be able to have guaranteed entry, possibly an hour early when it is cooler, but no matter. I am willing to pay extra since we wont be able to return for at least a year, and I want him to have a magical time in spite of our Disney vacay being cancelled. If we have to wait in lots of virtual lines I will feel like I wasted over $300. If this is the case, I am hoping I will know in time to get a refund of the money I spent on these Express passes, and we will begin to look at what rides we consider must do's and eliminated as many others as possible.

Did you price check a premier resort stay for one night to see if it’s cheaper? They include express passes and you can cancel with 24hrs notice.

Either way we should know by the end of this coming weekend how things are operating.

Have there been official details regarding the AP extension, or are some people just randomly seeing their dates extended in the app? My Universal pass expired during the shut down period (May 16) and is still showing in the app as expired, but I did get the email about the passholder preview days even though I haven't renewed it yet. I'm not going back right away, I'm just curious to know exactly what my extension period will end up being.

As of now, the weather forecast isn't looking too good.

Pretty much starting wed night there's a 80-90% of storms til the next tues (

and yes, I live in Orlando, so I'm well aware that it will probably change

Have there been official details regarding the AP extension, or are some people just randomly seeing their dates extended in the app? My Universal pass expired during the shut down period (May 16) and is still showing in the app as expired, but I did get the email about the passholder preview days even though I haven't renewed it yet. I'm not going back right away, I'm just curious to know exactly what my extension period will end up being.
I called and they told me my new date

I had a pass manually extended by 3 months about a year and a half ago (for the renewal extension) - the date in the app never changed, but the pass worked perfectly fine fro three months after it expired.
The only way to get the correct date is to call or email.
Hopefully they will fix that someday

DS says that everything is less than 15 minutes rn. No VL have been activated, at east at IOA. They are encouraging everyone to use hand sanitizer when they enter attractions and restaurants, his GF has an allergy to hand sanitizer (she washes her hands constantly) once explained the TM just waved them through but I don't think they have been told about this possibility.

From what it sounds like (from everything I've read), Express Pass will still be in use and separate from having to use the virtual queues.

We are set to go June 29th. This will be our first time at Universal. Staying at Cabana Bay. I bought tickets back on black Friday (expire TODAY) through Orlando Informer and they said they will be good through Dec. 18th. We are still hoping to upgrade these tickets to AP's. I hope this goes ok!!!

O-H!!!!
I-O!!!!

Going for our first time August 1. Looking forward to these first weeks of reports.

Does your annual pass have to be linked in the app to use the virtual queue? My pass can’t be linked, so I’ve been told anyways.

Here are some pics, also my son's GF got denied entry at Mummy because she can't use hand sanitizer. They are going to be swining by GR at the end to let them know, I think they just didn't think of that possibility
Anyways characters are out, kept at a distance for pics

Here are some pics, also my son's GF got denied entry at Mummy because she can't use hand sanitizer. They are going to be swining by GR at the end to let them know, I think they just didn't think of that possibility
Anyways characters are out, kept at a distance for pics
View attachment 498304
View attachment 498305
View attachment 498306
View attachment 498307
View attachment 498308
View attachment 498309
View attachment 498310
View attachment 498311
Wonder if they will let people use their own sanitizer?

I JUST watched Rhino and Craig go over the FAQs of Universal Hotels re-opening, which was posted 13 hours ago. They read the official statements and procedures coming from UOR which said Express Passes would be honored and are part of their "plan." Anything can change, and we don't know how Express Passes will work with Virtual Queues, but they are at least part of the re-opening strategy.

I JUST watched Rhino and Craig go over the FAQs of Universal Hotels re-opening, which was posted 13 hours ago. They read the official statements and procedures coming from UOR which said Express Passes would be honored and are part of their "plan." Anything can change, and we don't know how Express Passes will work with Virtual Queues, but they are at least part of the re-opening strategy.

If you look at the universal app and click on virtual line info it says "Have an express pass? You can skip the VQ"

So that tells me express will be just like how it's been

Thank you!

I'm assuming they will, she just doesn't have any and prefers to wash her hands constantly
I’m super skeptical about this allergy being about all hand sanitizers. Easy to be allergic to fragrance, dye, inactivate ingredients though. All formulas will be different so I’d urge her to try them vs writing it off as a blanket allergic to all hand sanitizers. Would be a shame to miss out on things if that particular one used in the parks isn’t a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter