Universal will reopen June 5th!

I haven’t seen this posted elsewhere, but the Universal app now shows additional rides participating in the virtual queue system. Current list includes (new additions marked with an asterisk):

Rip Ride Rocket
Minion Mayhem
Transformers*
Revenge of the Mummy
Jimmy Fallon’s Race through New York
Fast & Furious
Men in Black*
Escape from Gringotts*
Simpsons*

Incredible Hulk*
Spider-Man*
Jurassic Park*
Flight of the Hippogriff*
Forbidden Journey
Hagrid’s
King Kong*

Hogwarts Express* (which seems to partly answer questions about going between parks with capacity limits in place).

The “Virtual Line” section of the app only lists a few of these, but also lists Pteranodon Flyers.

Last edited:
But if you're not sick what is the ER going to do? And who is going to pay for that?

Yeah I'm thinking through all the unique situations that can cause a fever. Some don't involve being infectious or feeling any other symptoms. If they will turn you away from the theme park over a fever, will they do that at a hotel when you literally have nowhere else to go? Lol. It seems like a bit much.

I haven’t seen this posted elsewhere, but the Universal app now shows additional rides participating in the virtual queue system. Current list includes (new additions marked with an asterisk):

Rip Ride Rocket
Minion Mayhem
Transformers*
Revenge of the Mummy
Fast & Furious
Men in Black*
Escape from Gringotts*

Incredible Hulk*
Spider-Man*
Jurassic Park*
Forbidden Journey
Hagrid’s
King Kong*

Hogwarts Express* (which seems to partly answer questions about going between parks with capacity limits in place).

The “Virtual Line” section of the app only lists a few of these, but also lists Pteranodon Flyers.

I hope they plan on explaining how this is going to work since Universal has never had all these rides under a VQ before. And the 2 that they did have it for, weren't really needed as you could still pretty much walk up in the standby without a wait

Rip Ride Rocket
Minion Mayhem
Transformers*
Revenge of the Mummy
Fast & Furious
Men in Black*
Escape from Gringotts*

Incredible Hulk*
Spider-Man*
Jurassic Park*
Forbidden Journey
Hagrid’s
King Kong*

Almost seems like the express pass won’t really be necessary?

Im hearing that team member preview will require them to use the vl for everything, so im sure we'll get info on how it'll work on Monday. Im assuming you can only hold a vl at a time or maybe more?

Almost seems like the express pass won’t really be necessary?
We won’t know until the virtual queue goes live and have reports of how well it works. I suspect, however, that Express will still be the better option. I can’t imagine that virtual line wait times will be the same or similar to the short wait to go through Express.

I haven’t seen anything saying one way or the other whether virtual line rides are only virtual (i.e., no Express accepted). That seems unlikely, however, since they’re still selling Express and offering it as a benefit for premier hotel guests. If the only rides that accept Express are kids rides or the ones not popular enough to even receive a virtual queue, there would be some very upset people.

Rip Ride Rocket
Minion Mayhem
Transformers*
Revenge of the Mummy
Fast & Furious
Men in Black*
Escape from Gringotts*
Simpsons*

Incredible Hulk*
Spider-Man*
Jurassic Park*
Forbidden Journey
Hagrid’s
King Kong*

Hogwarts expess would give each party their individual cabin

Rip Ride Rocket
Minion Mayhem
Transformers*
Revenge of the Mummy
Fast & Furious
Men in Black*
Escape from Gringotts*
Simpsons*

Incredible Hulk*
Spider-Man*
Jurassic Park*
Forbidden Journey
Hagrid’s
King Kong*

This list makes sense to me. Rides like Transformers and Spider-man have pretty tight queues, where it's hard to socially distance.

I actually like the queue to King Kong more than the ride.

It looks like almost every ride has virtual queue except for the water rides and Dr. Seuss rides. I wonder where people are expected to wait while they are in the virtual queue.

It looks like almost every ride has virtual queue except for the water rides and Dr. Seuss rides. I wonder where people are expected to wait while they are in the virtual queue.

I know they said they'd turn water effects off at certain places but have they definitively said they aren't opening the water rides? Seems to indicate that since they would definitely need a VQ for Ripsaw Falls. that is the most claustrophobic and slow moving line ever.

I know they said they'd turn water effects off at certain places but have they definitively said they aren't opening the water rides? Seems to indicate that since they would definitely need a VQ for Ripsaw Falls. that is the most claustrophobic and slow moving line ever.

I haven't seen anywhere that they were turning off the water rides, just the water features like the mist in Hulk.

...they would definitely need a VQ for Ripsaw Falls. that is the most claustrophobic and slow moving line ever.
But the queue is very spread out and would be really easy to put 6' markers along the whole thing - really no switchbacks, etc. Since the queue is very social distancing friendly, they probably don't need to do a VQ. And they don't lose too much capacity since parties can have their own logs.

Curious on some of these rides when people say they'll just have entire party by themselves, what about parties of 1, will they just get the whole thing to themselves?

We are set to go June 29th. This will be our first time at Universal. Staying at Cabana Bay. I bought tickets back on black Friday (expire TODAY) through Orlando Informer and they said they will be good through Dec. 18th. We are still hoping to upgrade these tickets to AP's. I hope this goes ok!!!

O-H!!!!

Anyone think the staff will be filming tomorrow? I’d love to see the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter