universal hotels

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
anyone seen any good offers for august? :lmao::lmao:

Can I also ask, if we book do we just use the credit card to hold the room and pay when get there (therefore option of cancelling) or do they take the money now?? Also I assume it is just the three universal hotels that will give you the free fast passes????????????

Would you guys reckon for august what with harry potter opening as well express passes are a good idea?? At the mometn cheaper to stay for one night in the universal hotel with two day passes than just buy two separeate day passes :scared1:

Hiya -

if it is for 1 night they take the money now.... but if you cancel before the cut off - about 5 days before, it gets credited back. I think it is 1 night's deposit for longer stays? but I'm not sure.

Tessa

Hiya -

if it is for 1 night they take the money now.... but if you cancel before the cut off - about 5 days before, it gets credited back. I think it is 1 night's deposit for longer stays? but I'm not sure.

Tessa

which of the three hotels would you recommend???

which of the three hotels would you recommend???

Hi - doing it for the first time this year so we have gone for ..........CHEAPEST! :goodvibes

Royal Pacific was cheapest - but still 240 dollars - for us it is just a place to doss down for the night and get 2 days FOTL for 1 night's stay. Not bothering with room with a view/breakfast or anything.

Also you get 1 night's parking (i.e. 2 days) for $15 + tax.
Tessa

Ah so you have to pay for car park even if staying at hotel :scared1:

No annual pass I am afraid but thank you for the prices :flower3:

DH does not think we need to buy fast passes for august - what do you guys think??

Also there would be 3adults 1child in the room - am i right in thinking if do bed and breakfast it only feeds 2 adults? if so how much extra do you have to pay for another adult and child??

Ah so you have to pay for car park even if staying at hotel :scared1:

No annual pass I am afraid but thank you for the prices :flower3:

DH does not think we need to buy fast passes for august - what do you guys think??

Also there would be 3adults 1child in the room - am i right in thinking if do bed and breakfast it only feeds 2 adults? if so how much extra do you have to pay for another adult and child??

When in August? Schools start back somewhere in the middle so if you're coming at the end of month, you will not see crowds except on weekends. How many folks in the room (room keys) constitutes food at the hotels. B and B, no clue, but that tends to be handled by the owners of the b and b.

If you're staying on site though the key is your express pass. Be aware for the early days of Potter there is NO express.

Yep doing the B&B deal only entitles 2 breakfasts, also if you book a deal like B&B and rates get reduced you cannot change to the lower rate. Always find it better to just book room, and if you want Breakfast just go down to The Islands, or their is a continental offer at Orchid Court, which sell croissants etc, or go to Citywalk and Pastamore do breakfasts .
probably be quite busy in August i would imagine.
If you can stay after 16th aug rates turn to Value season so a bit cheaper, also if you are an AA member here you could phone and ask for TripleA rates ,if there is any available, for midweek upto August 16th its $228 including tax.After 16Th TripleA is $175 + tax brings it to about $197 + parking $15 is approx say $215.
They will take 1 nights deposit so if staying just 1 night they will take it.
If its just for FOTL go with the cheapest, which at the minute is RPR, last July PBH was the cheapest , just need to watch prices.
You will probably not spend a lot of time at the resort for 1 night ,but its nice being able to relax at the pool for a few hours before going back to the parks.

You will also be charged an extra $25 a day for the third adult in the room

Looking at the 11th August to stay that night it is $274 for 3 adults, 1 child room only. Do you think that is because they have added the 3rd adult on to the price??? We originally were going to go once every week but looking today at the prices of fast passes it would save us $280 :scared1: to stay for the night and go on two consecutive days

Yes that will be with them adding the $25 on, but you need to add tax on as well bringing it to $308.
Like i said if you are a member of the AA you can call to see if they have any Triple A rates[ you need to ask for Triple A not AA]the tripleA rate for your date is $228 Including tax, add on about $28 for extra Adult plus tax total coming to $256, saving you $52

Yes that will be with them adding the $25 on, but you need to add tax on as well bringing it to $308.
Like i said if you are a member of the AA you can call to see if they have any Triple A rates[ you need to ask for Triple A not AA]the tripleA rate for your date is $228 Including tax, add on about $28 for extra Adult plus tax total coming to $256, saving you $52

Oh thanks for that. So just to confirm, I ring the normal AA telephone number and ask for Triple A rate???? If do it through them can you cancel??? Really appreciate all your help again :goodvibes

No you need to call reservations at Loews 001-866-563-9792 and ask if there is any TripleA, i know there is very few Annual pass rates for most of July, not sure about tripleA for Aug , but you will need to phone to find out.

Hi, rang up today thank you - got quote of £266 including the taxes per room for 3A and 1C room only on the aaa rate. They are on hold until tomorrow. DH still says he does not think we need express passes :confused3 - at the moment I am not listening to him :lmao: it is august, it is harry potter - agree? I worked out it would cost us more to have two separate days and have express passes then stay on site for the nite and have two day express passes - mad !

I take it thats 266 dollars.
Yeah i reckon you will need passes unless you are happy waiting up to an hour for the most popular rides, especially with WWHP,
we have been there early August and the queues are long, and schools in US do not go back till after 20th August, and all states have different dates.
and if you buy the express pass you only get FOTL once for each ride, staying onsite is Unlimited, so ride as many times as you like.
Only problem is, you will want to stay longer next year onsite:scared1:, so get him working those extra hours to pay for a longer stay next year:rotfl2:

I take it thats 266 dollars.
Yeah i reckon you will need passes unless you are happy waiting up to an hour for the most popular rides, especially with WWHP,
we have been there early August and the queues are long, and schools in US do not go back till after 20th August, and all states have different dates.
and if you buy the express pass you only get FOTL once for each ride, staying onsite is Unlimited, so ride as many times as you like.
Only problem is, you will want to stay longer next year onsite:scared1:, so get him working those extra hours to pay for a longer stay next year:rotfl2:

Ooops sorry yes meant dollars!!! Getting myself confused now :lmao: It doesnt take much. It will just mean changing one of our ADRs to another evening but that should be ok. Do not think we will be back to america for a long time after this one :headache:

Thank you for advising re the aaa discount also - is there anywhere else in america that you can get discount with this? They did confirm to me yesterday that we will get fast passes for two of the harry potter rides, possibly a third (rang and spoke to two different peopel who confirmed this)

Quite a lot of Hotels give TripleA rates, an American friend says to just show it everywhere you go ,and let them say wether you get a discount or not. I know a lot of places at Universal and Citywalk give 10% discount, but i find that coupons give better discounts there ,even better than my AP discount

All booked - DH still moaning does not think worth it :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Will keep look out for any further offers though just in case - thank you again - really appeciated

Not long ago we booked out Royal Pacific stay, looking forward to the Express Pass.
Tis for our first days too so nice start like that, I'll be all spoilt on it by the time I get to Disney tho :( :lmao:

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter