*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the idea of a pre-reg meet up. Thanks Kate!

It's the week of Labor Day (Mon Sep 6 is a major US holiday), which makes me think that people who want to plan park strolls may want to get their reservation now-ish/earlier. On other other hand, it will be ridiculously hot and prime hurricane season. I'm planning to resort stroll for sure, and if Trader Sams is open, you'll likely find me on the patio, or at Geyser Point on a cloudy day. (I still haven't eaten indoors at a public space, and don't know how I'll feel about it at WDW even in early Sept.) I love being in the shade outdoors, and I usually carry a parasol for just-in-case circumstances, so I'm amenable to most options that offer physically distanced outdoor options.

As far as ideas.. I think for sure a Food and Wine tour at World showcase. I like the idea of walking from the Polynesian to the MK on the new walkway. Also like the idea of watching the sunset at BLT. Would love a group meal - like a breakfast. As soon as we get the schedule we can realy start putting something down! I haven't bought my GKTW tickets yet - I think I'm just going to do the events at the convention center and skip the Galaxy's Edge party - $400 is a bit steep and the part at AK was fun last year but went by soooo fast.... just not worth $200 to me. I didn't mind paying last year - I think it was only $75. Oh and hot and humid - doesn't bother me. I live in NC so it'll feel normal. I do think we need to nail down the park strolls for sure and get our park passes.

I will also be at Pop 9/8-9/12. I need to buy my event tickets but have been holding off pending the school year calendar. I’m hoping to not miss the 1st day of school. But also realistically, my son probably wouldn’t care. 😂

I don’t know if anyone else would be interested but I would like to be at MK for flag retreat on Saturday 9/11 if they bring it back by then. Hard to believe it will be 20 years this year. 💔

I just bought our tickets for the event and booked our flights! Luckily we have a local friend that we will be staying with, but this will be our first DIS event that we've been able to attend! Looking forward to meeting some new Disney friends.

The mention the event on the show today and I have one important question, who is Pat Sajak as he’s coming.

The mention the event on the show today and I have one important question, who is Pat Sajak as he’s coming.
He is a game show host from "Wheel of Fortune" It's a puzzle solving show, and he's a good entertainer. I think his reflections will be interesting.
That said, I'm personally not the right demographic for 90% of the panelists they have, who are great for all-around Disney fans. I'm more interested in the people who like Disney: our chatterati community, our DoC community, DIS team members and of course, "All Things Star Wars" & Marvel-comic-media related. I do plan to see the musical guests, however.
So for me, I see myself spending most of the time NOT in the panels, and trying to meet up with folks for some quality socializing.

Just got an update email from GKTW with regards to who’s attending.

Although I am looking forward to see my fellow dissers more than anything else.

I am all booked for the new dates. Caribbean Beach from 9/9-9/12. What are people thinking for Park Reservations? It is so hard to plan without having an actual schedule for the panels? I really really hope we start to see some actual event schedules soon so we can plan. Has anyone heard any projection on when those schedules might come together?

There's an FAQ that says, "The schedule will be made available in July with exact timing for each presenter and performer."

I'm concerned that by July though, park reservations may be hard to get for those looking to do parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter