*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for those who are interested in booking today the same days as the event. The team may now pull the September event? Or has already and just hasn't told us?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

OK, I had my right knee worked on finally in Oct and rehab is going VERY slow and I've been bummed out about it.

I had this thread on Watch with Emails and none came for more than 3 months. I wonder why..... But I'm back and wondering if everyone received the postponement email. It appears so, which is good. I never booked a room, I've been watching for a DVC deal on points but haven't seen any yet. I'm glad I didn't book something. I think this time around I'll be staying at a Value or Moderate.

Just for those who are interested in booking today the same days as the event. The team may now pull the September event? Or has already and just hasn't told us?

Any help would be great. Thanks!
I’m not sure what you’re saying here. What do you mean by them pulling the September event?

OK, I had my right knee worked on finally in Oct and rehab is going VERY slow and I've been bummed out about it.

I had this thread on Watch with Emails and none came for more than 3 months. I wonder why..... But I'm back and wondering if everyone received the postponement email. It appears so, which is good. I never booked a room, I've been watching for a DVC deal on points but haven't seen any yet. I'm glad I didn't book something. I think this time around I'll be staying at a Value or Moderate.
No, I never got the email. And I sent an email to Steve Amos and haven’t gotten any reply.

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. What do you mean by them pulling the September event?

I received the following email on Wed, 1/6 from Elise but the email account was Events@gktw.org

Thank you for your interest in the DIS Family Reunion, originally scheduled for March 25-27, 2021. Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of all participants, and in coordination with Walt Disney World Resort, we have decided to postpone the event until September 9-11, 2021.

We are working with the original speakers and performers to secure their participation in September’s event. We will update the website as those details are confirmed.

Tickets for the March 25-27, 2021 dates will be honored in September; however, refunds are available if you are no longer able to attend. In addition, if you booked a hotel room as part of a room block, we are in the process of arranging a new block for the event in September. You will be able to cancel your original reservations with a full refund. As soon as we have the room block confirmed, we will provide an update to you via email.

If you have any questions, please contact us at events@gktw.org.

Thank you again for your participation in the DIS Family Reunion, and your support of Give Kids The World Village.

Give Kids The World

I didn't see anything specifying when you had to ask for a refund in my email. I sent an email to the account that the original email came from asking about it as the new dates won't work for me. They responded that they will process the refund back to the card I registered with "as soon as we possibly can"
I sent an email on Monday and have had no response. Has any one else received a response about getting a refund?

Just got an email from Elise at GKTW regarding further details/tickets on sale for the September event:

"Hi Kyle,

Thank you for reaching out! We are excited that you are interested!

We are in the process of moving our event from our original date in March to September! While we are confirming the details and talent, ticket sales have been on hold, but we hope to release them very soon! Keep an eye on our website gktw.org/disfamfor new changes and ticket sales!

We hope to see you there!
Elise"

Just received an email yesterday. So sad we will not be able to make the event, but have an ABD scheduled that month and can’t make both work. Fingers crossed the ABD will be a go since we had to cancel our first trip with them last year.

You're not going to still come down and see moi??? :):):)
Of course, if Sept is a go, I'll try to come down! Je veux te voir!
I had a room block deposit for March, and I'm planning to use my DVC points for Sept. But since I have a OCT use year, I'm a bit nervous about the event not moving forward (Considering the close proximity to the 50th, folkx understandably not rebooking for Sept, AND there isn't confirmation that the event will have panels/etc.)

On the lemonade side of things, I'm sure they'll be able to get some amazing people for panels, etc. Personally, since the big party is at Galaxys Edge, I'd love panels with the fabulous "how to be a kick-ash actor, designer and fan" Ashley Eckstein, "how to make 1000 voices from one person" Matt Wood, "How to crush dreams through story-arc" Dave Filoni.... ;) :D Make it Wicked Stah Wahs, you guys! ;) :) Add one panel about expensive leather goods for Kevin. ;D (Jan 19 podcast)

Hi All. I sent an email to events@gktw.org 2 days ago and have not heard back. So today I called, had to leave a message. My husband and I are canceling. We are still going down though at the end of March. The new rescheduled dates in Sept. won't work for us since we are going down for the 50th Anniversary. Bummed. I only have so much vacation time to use and unless the dates change to something that would work for me, I cannot attend the DIS Family Reunion.

I canceled our tickets and did finally receive our refund last week. I'm assuming they are processing a lot of these at the moment so it may take a bit of time.

Sad they canceled, but we are still going to go down in March and plan to have a good time. The new September dates I feel don't bode well for many since it is so close to the 50th trips people have planned. Sorry we will probably miss it...

I canceled our tickets and did finally receive our refund last week. I'm assuming they are processing a lot of these at the moment so it may take a bit of time.

Sad they canceled, but we are still going to go down in March and plan to have a good time. The new September dates I feel don't bode well for many since it is so close to the 50th trips people have planned. Sorry we will probably miss it...
Yep we are still planning on going down in March as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter