*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe. If it makes a difference we had booked the fancy ticket (forget what it was called) so we may have been among the first to be notified.

Maybe. If it makes a difference we had booked the fancy ticket (forget what it was called) so we may have been among the first to be notified.
I had the regular ticket as well as the ticket for the Galaxy's Edge party, and I received an email yesterday around 12:30.

I think this is good people are following up with email updates. It may seem silly since you can google the cancel info but there are only a small percentage here of total guests.

If the emails have failed to distribute, then there could be a decent chunk of people still planning on it.

Can someone please forward me the cancellation email? We still haven't gotten it. Thanks.

ETA: Someone sent it to me. Thanks.

Last edited:
I found the site with the announcement. They really don't give any details about cancellations, like if there is a deadline. I'm going to try to get the new dates off from work and then decide later if we want to go. But I want to know how long we have to decide and still get our money back.

Last edited:
I didn't see anything specifying when you had to ask for a refund in my email. I sent an email to the account that the original email came from asking about it as the new dates won't work for me. They responded that they will process the refund back to the card I registered with "as soon as we possibly can"

I didn't see anything specifying when you had to ask for a refund in my email. I sent an email to the account that the original email came from asking about it as the new dates won't work for me. They responded that they will process the refund back to the card I registered with "as soon as we possibly can"
Thanks Jeff. I emailed Steven to ask for details as well.

As it stands right now, I think we're going to plan to attend but I still want to know what our options are just in case.

So far, I'm planning on going, since I was planning to possibly run the Food & Wine Half Marathon.... if they have a runDisney event. I think that's still a pretty big IF. In the fall it's highly likely that I'll still be worried about transmission, so I don't envision upgrading to the VIP. I had asked whether the food stations would be located indoors only, or have access to outdoor space. It could change with the new dates, I suppose, but at the original booking the response was that the VIP refreshment area was entirely indoors.

It'll be super hot, and of course, hurricane season. Although having the event any later it would run into the 50th and then into the holiday season. After a while, if it would have to be postponed again, it would be better to have it spring 2022 than try to compete with the 50th and 2021 holiday season.

On the other hand, Sept means there will be Halloween parties, and if not outright parties, then perhaps costumed attire in MK. So DIS Reunion cosplay could be "a thing" for that time of year that we couldn't get in the Spring.

It would be good for the team to update folks if they are available for the new dates. I know meeting the team would be a motivation of many for coming.

With the Dis Grand Europe trip in the fall, coupled with dealing with their own long delayed travel, summer vacations, I don’t know if taking that time for an event is realistic. Certainly that is understandable, but good info for people as they make decisions.

I still haven’t received anything and I have checked all my folders. Understand why It was cancelled, but I want the notification.

Sorry. Was able to find it in spam. Understand why it was cancelled but bummed. We still plan on going and enjoying the parks.

I was sad the other day when my online holiday calendar went from 70 odd days to 240.

Although I realised that F&W will be on, which cheered me up.

I will definitely want a stroll around that. Then I thought we might be able to do an unofficial meet up round the festival.

As it is outside and people can pick and choose the booths they visit so it will cater to all tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter