*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those look great! And I could see Pete bidding on them to get them for the studio - which will really jack up the price as he will never be out bid! :thumbsup2

I've thought about that and as I have the pair for me that I don't need to keep I may offer a deal of a photo with them while I wear the ears and he can make a donation if he wants and then let the others be available in the auction.

I plan to email Teresa photo's of the ears and the scarves I'm doing since I'm not mailing them. I'll mention it in the email.

Any solo travelers that missed the boat for Garden Grill still interested? I can attempt to make a ressie I have Tables in Wonderland as well.

Sorry, I've been dealing with a family issue this week. If you can, I'd like to attend Garden Grille and Hoop Dee Doo. If not, tis ok. Don't mind waiting for a cancellation either up until that week.

Oh no sorry to hear that, but it’s probably better to use an ECV than putting unnecessary strain on yourself when you’re still recovering.

For the Plaza Terrace I was going to meet everyone there as its my first morning in the US so I’ll still be on London time.

Meaning I’ll be up and on the go at the crack of dawn, probably will need a nap after I collect my credentials lol :rotfl:

For the Garden Grille as it’s EMH think a few of us are heading to soarin’ for a cheeky ride around the world before breakfast

Reading this brought back crazy memories of going to Disney back in the 1990's and wearing high heels and now I'm in an ECV, LOL

I think we have finalized our plans. We changed and are doing a split stay. We are staying at Poly from 8/1-8/6 then the Contemporary from 8/6-8/12. We are going to try to get into the DVC event at AK on 8/8.

Sorry I have been MIA...I started a new position and I have been extremely busy with all the new information. I am trying to finalize my plans and as of now, I have the following:

8/8 - MK morning and afternoon (until Festival of Fantasy)
Storybook Dining at Wilderness lodge (4:45pm)...if anyone else is going around this time, let me know.
EPCOT in the evening for Illuminations

8/9 - EPCOT morning and Afternoon (looking at eating at the La Cantina)
HDDR with the group

8/10 - HS in morning and early afternoon
AK late afternoon and evening for the party

8/11 - if there is a podcast recording go there
HS afternoon
MK evening for Happily Ever After

8/12 - shopping at Disney Springs and Outlets
Open for anything in the evening

I am staying off property, so I will be using Uber for most of the trip other than those trips between parks.

Hi everyone! I feel like this event will be here before we know it! I have a question for you Disney parks veterans. Do you think we can watch the fireworks at MK and make it to Animal Kingdom for the party by 10:30? We will probably uber from MK to AK. I'm trying to make my final plans, but I was wondering if we could make that work. Thanks!

Sorry I have been MIA...I started a new position and I have been extremely busy with all the new information. I am trying to finalize my plans and as of now, I have the following:

8/8 - MK morning and afternoon (until Festival of Fantasy)
Storybook Dining at Wilderness lodge (4:45pm)...if anyone else is going around this time, let me know.
EPCOT in the evening for Illuminations

8/9 - EPCOT morning and Afternoon (looking at eating at the La Cantina)
HDDR with the group

8/10 - HS in morning and early afternoon
AK late afternoon and evening for the party

8/11 - if there is a podcast recording go there
HS afternoon
MK evening for Happily Ever After

8/12 - shopping at Disney Springs and Outlets
Open for anything in the evening

I am staying off property, so I will be using Uber for most of the trip other than those trips between parks.

We still have to finalize exactly what parks/what days - figure will nail that down closer to FP day - but almost definitely will be at EPCOT on the 9th (trying to have a meet-up at the Italy pavilion for those of us that were on the DIS Viking Italy cruise last year) and was thinking about DHS the morning of 8/10

Hi everyone! I feel like this event will be here before we know it! I have a question for you Disney parks veterans. Do you think we can watch the fireworks at MK and make it to Animal Kingdom for the party by 10:30? We will probably uber from MK to AK. I'm trying to make my final plans, but I was wondering if we could make that work. Thanks!

I think you should be able to - though I think you have to go to the Contemporary or something to pick up your Uber.

Just to be safe you might want to watch them from further down Main St vs in the Hub to make it easier/quicker to get out ... maybe even from the Train Station which gives a nice view

Slight change of plans for Universal Day. I thought it would be best if we meet up in Islands of Adventure so we can start it off by experiencing Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure together. We will now be meeting right outside of the Three Broomsticks, right beside the Sirius Black poster. Same time though! (3PM).
I sure I hope I can keep my status as a "best friend".

Making a few things for the auction and finally got one done!

lvdwrj2m.jpg

I made a pair for myself too for the party and the podcast taping. I'm still thinking about putting 'stay out of the damn lakes' on the back but I can't decide. I would only do it on my pair not the auction pair. Not sure that damn would be an issue and someone tell you not to wear them in the park but I figured it's better not to chance it. Which is also why I'm unsure about putting it on my pair.
Very crafty and cool. They look really nice. And, you have inspired me to get to work on my next "items" for the auction. I did the two messenger bags for last one, (shameless plug for myself). I think the plan is to make a "set" of soft luggage. I just need to get the company to support that, they will it's for a great cause. I bet your ears go for a great price!

We still have to finalize exactly what parks/what days - figure will nail that down closer to FP day - but almost definitely will be at EPCOT on the 9th (trying to have a meet-up at the Italy pavilion for those of us that were on the DIS Viking Italy cruise last year) and was thinking about DHS the morning of 8/10

Since I am not staying on property (really thought about it this morning when looking at the room only deal), but what I would spend on just the room would be my hotel and tickets together, so my FP day will be only 30 days out. I am hoping to get some of the FP I am hoping for.

NEW MAGIC BAND OPTIONS FOR THOSE STAYING ON SITE

Just an FYI to those that might be interested - they have just announced a modification to the magic band structure for those staying on property ... you can still get one of the solid colors included for free but now you can also choose one of ~30 designs with characters on them for a $10 upcharge and still have it sent your home before your trip, etc.

I just got off the phone with the Disney Group sales office and I was able to still get into the group hotel space for the event!!!

I am now officially on property for the trip. I am staying at Pop!! I can't wait...this will end of saving me some money as I don't have to worry about an Uber for trips to and from the parks.

The only thing is I didn't sign up for transportation back from the party, so I may need some sort of a ride back from that...still have to check on that...LOL.

I just got off the phone with the Disney Group sales office and I was able to still get into the group hotel space for the event!!!

I am now officially on property for the trip. I am staying at Pop!! I can't wait...this will end of saving me some money as I don't have to worry about an Uber for trips to and from the parks.

The only thing is I didn't sign up for transportation back from the party, so I may need some sort of a ride back from that...still have to check on that...LOL.
How awesome is that!!!! So this means you'll be at the Unofficial Welcome party on August 7th at 4pm at..........POP!!!

Doug :goofy:

It's been awhile since my last post. My family and I have finalized most of our plans for Disney including ADR(s). Still waiting for fast passes. They will be as follows:

August 6th Epcot (LMH) after check-in
No ADR
Illuminations

August 7th Magic Kingdom (LMH) in the afternoon and evening
Early dinner at Be Our Guest (4:30 pm)
After Fireworks Dessert Party (8:00 pm)

August 8th Magic Kingdom in the morning for Photopass and Character pictures
Breakfast at Plaza (8:00 am)
DVC Moonlight Magic if registered

August 9th no park day
Breakfast at The Wave (7:45 am)
Dinner at the Wave (6:10 pm)
Top of the Lounge if not to capacity (DVC)

August 10th Animal Kingdom in the afternoon
To do shows especially the Festival of the Lion King
Dinner at BOMA (5:45 pm)
Pandora party

August 11th Live Podcast if possible
Hollywood Studios in the afternoon and evening
Star Wars Dessert Party (8:00 pm)

August 12th Polynesian in the morning
Ohana Breakfast (8:00 am)
Disney Spring in the afternoon and evening
Lunch at Boathouse (12:00 pm)
Dinner at Raglan Road (5:15 pm)
Tentative movie either before or after dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts