*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does look amazing but I am trying to work out what dates they will have it on.

As it says up until the 8th so mostly likely on that night, but isn’t that the same night as H2Glow and th DVC after hours event at AK.

Seems strange they would run 3 events on one night or do they always do this type of thing?

Keeping my fingers crossed they have one on the 7th as was going to go to MK that night anyway so wouldn’t be a change to my plans lol.
It looks like the current after hours are every Thursday so it looks like 8/8 will be the only one while I’m there unless they add extra ones in depending on popularity.

Hi Danielle - sorry that I hadn't seen this early and only now put in the updates to the first post - but have done that now .... :welcome:

Just a couple notes on the items you expressed interest in:
- For the Tour, we are just booking ourselves into the respective tours and then indicating which ones we have signed up for. So if you want to do that one, just book it and let me know. That is the one my wife and I have signed up for and would be great to have you there too!
- For Hoop Dee Doo we already booked the ADRs as we did it at 180 days out ... not sure if there are still spaced available (seemed to fill up) but I can check or at the very least keep you on the list in case someone else cancels
- For the Garden Grill breakfast, I am tagging @afan who was taking lead and not sure if that has been fully booked/if there are spots/etc
- For breakfast in MK, tagging @k8Davies who was taking lead - I think there was still at least one spot on the ADR for breakfast at the Plaza, but will let her confirm!

Glad you decided to come!!!

Please add me to Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom. I booked it today, for Friday 8/9. Also, I changed my hotel to Wed through Sun.

Keep in mind, the DAH Villains event is the same night as the DVC Moonlight Magic Party at Animal Kingdom. So, those planning on attending the DVC Party will need to make a decision between this event and that event.

are the dates for the DAH event set? Wasn't sure if they had all the dates set that far out ... but if so, then very good point!

Next time they have a party I am going to have to book a 2 week vacation just to fit in everything I'd like to ;)

I'm guessing the DAH will be the 8th since that's the last date. Also if I remember correctly there's PM EMH at MK on the 7th. Not that it can't change but I wouldn't think they'd do the event 2 nights in a row. I'm in for the 8th though. I was hoping they'd have one while we're there and hope the new theme doesn't mean they sell more tickets. I didn't need a theme for the event, seems weird.

Have you seen there is going to be an after hours Villlians even - select dates up until the 8th August - now seriously debating if I can fit it in with the bajillion other things I want to do on my 6 night trip.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...er-hours-nights-events-at-magic-kingdom-park/

OMG my brain is about to explode....
i've completely lost track of what i think we're doing when....
so many fun things to do in such a short span of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does look amazing but I am trying to work out what dates they will have it on.

As it says up until the 8th so mostly likely on that night, but isn’t that the same night as H2Glow and th DVC after hours event at AK.

Seems strange they would run 3 events on one night or do they always do this type of thing?

Keeping my fingers crossed they have one on the 7th as was going to go to MK that night anyway so wouldn’t be a change to my plans lol.

you're right..
the 8th is the date of the DVC event...that is weird...

A Pinto? Damn, there's a literal blast from the past. My dad had one for deliveries for his drug store in the 1970'. It got hit, from behind too. It didn't blow up, the driver walked away from the crash.

As I have said, my first trip was my senior class trip in 1975. In the first 24 hours...
  • We were threatened with no flight home. The airline had a spot inspection by the FAA and the aircraft was missing about 30 life jackets that some of us took.
  • The Poly threatened to throw us out. Some guys went and started tossing anybody and everybody in the pool. Someone ran down a hall unloading a fire extinguisher and then pulled a fire alarm button. Some of us got wind that Charley and Marie were making out on the beach. So a bunch of us went out there and jumped on them. Unfortunately, it wasn't Charley and Marie
The next year the following class was told Disney wasn't accepting class trips any longer.

Oh those were the days.

your senior class trip sounds like what goes on at the value resorts now when the teen groups visit... :eek::eek::eek::scared1::scared1::scared1:

If anyone is a real member of DVC and going to party, we would love to go as your guests. We are 2nd class resale owners. LOL and would love to experience. Let me know! It would be me and my husband. We are 50 yr old Ohio people. I am a teacher so pretty safe. lol.

QUOTE="TheMaxRebo, post: 59897968, member: 174177"]
View attachment 361275

Hello everyone! We've done this for past events and thought it would be good to have one this time as well (based on some chatter I have already seen there is some interest in *un*official events as well!)​

note: Original photos source credit: Disney Parks[/QUOTE]

Is anyone buying a Disney Dining Plan for the event?

If anyone is a real member of DVC and going to party, we would love to go as your guests. We are 2nd class resale owners. LOL and would love to experience. Let me know! It would be me and my husband. We are 50 yr old Ohio people. I am a teacher so pretty safe. lol.

we're also resale owners...
we just bought last august...the dis event will be the first time we're staying as DVC members (albeit 2nd class ones :rolleyes: ) ....

We often do the dining plan, but we're not this time...
i plan on keeping track of all our on property food expenditures, to make the comparison..
we've done both free dining and bought the dining plan on past trips..
it's especially worthwhile if you're planning on many character lunches/dinners...
i've even purchased it for the family when i knew it would be a bit more than out of pocket just because when i pay in advance, i'm less disturbed by the super high cost of food in the parks...

in any case, no we're not buying it this time....we'll see how that works....

Last edited:
View attachment 361275

Hello everyone! We've done this for past events and thought it would be good to have one this time as well (based on some chatter I have already seen there is some interest in *un*official events as well!)​

note: Original photos source credit: Disney Parks

Is anyone buying a Disney Dining Plan for the event?[/QUOTE]

We will have the Disney Dining Plan!

View attachment 361275

note: Original photos source credit: Disney Parks

Is anyone buying a Disney Dining Plan for the event?[/QUOTE]

Didn’t buy the Disney Dining plan but I got the QS plan free when I booked my hotel - so apart from the Plaza and Garden Grill breakfasts and the Hoop Dee Do dinner, I’m going to be eating QS and snacks for the rest of my trip.

Didn’t buy the Disney Dining plan but I got the QS plan free when I booked my hotel - so apart from the Plaza and Garden Grill breakfasts and the Hoop Dee Do dinner, I’m going to be eating QS and snacks for the rest of my trip.

that's great - the snacks are now insanely expensive!!

Didn’t buy the Disney Dining plan but I got the QS plan free when I booked my hotel - so apart from the Plaza and Garden Grill breakfasts and the Hoop Dee Do dinner, I’m going to be eating QS and snacks for the rest of my trip.[/QUOTE]

I've got around $400 in Disney gift cards I need to use and will probably have $200 more by August (I have a Disney Visa card). I've been thinking about getting a quick service plan or a full service plan. Hoop Dee Doo will use 2 full service credits and Plaza will use 1 and I may go to Chef Mickey's on Sunday at 7:30am to use the 4th. Then I have QS for the rest.

I was originally thinking about it, but I decided I'd rather try to swing an upgrade to a hotel room instead. I've spend at least 2 weeks worth of time at values since I got my AP in Dec so I was ready for a splurge! Plus I get an AP discount on food so that made paying for the dining plan less worth it for me than paying OOP.

I was originally thinking about it, but I decided I'd rather try to swing an upgrade to a hotel room instead. I've spend at least 2 weeks worth of time at values since I got my AP in Dec so I was ready for a splurge! Plus I get an AP discount on food so that made paying for the dining plan less worth it for me than paying OOP.

I keep forgetting about the AP discount and my Visa discount too. I need to stop forgetting

I keep forgetting about the AP discount and my Visa discount too. I need to stop forgetting
I forget all the time too since I'm new to the AP thing, especially when buying merch. A CM told me that theyre supposed to always ask if you are an AP, but they only seem to 50% of the time or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!