*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pSTANchio If you have no current discounts applied (including the Dis rackrate) then you can jst switch over, no problem by calling Disney.

Just wanted to let anyone who may not have booked a room yet, we did a room upgrade with Free Dining @ POP Century so we cancelled the room we booked under the group.

In the end its probably break even but for us it takes away some of the stress :P

Doug :goofy:

I am glad to see people are having decent luck getting Free Dining ... seems like in the past the rooms with it attached to it went really fast.

Hi all!! This will be my first Dis event and I’m soooooo excited!! I’ll be solo at POP 8/9-8/11, but I’m staying with my sister’s friend 8/6-8/9, and I’ll probably rent a car for that part. My sister’s friend lives really close to Universal (works there too), so I’d be TOTALLY down for a Universal side day.

Other events I’m interested in- Welcome Event
Bar Crawl
Pre-Party Meet-Up
Trivia Contest
Yehaa Bob
A Disney Tour (Already planned to do one in May, so I could save it do then)
Hoop Dee Doo
Disney Springs lunch
GG Solo breakfast (Any solo events)
Moonlight Magic (I'd love to be adopted!)
And any dinner or Breakfast where there people

Sorry for the blank profile pic and my full name in the Username. It won’t let me change them lol.

Can’t wait to see all y’all!

Hi all!! This will be my first Dis event and I’m soooooo excited!! I’ll be solo at POP 8/9-8/11, but I’m staying with my sister’s friend 8/6-8/9, and I’ll probably rent a car for that part. My sister’s friend lives really close to Universal (works there too), so I’d be TOTALLY down for a Universal side day.

Other events I’m interested in- Welcome Event
Bar Crawl
Pre-Party Meet-Up
Trivia Contest
Yehaa Bob
A Disney Tour (Already planned to do one in May, so I could save it do then)
Hoop Dee Doo
Disney Springs lunch
GG Solo breakfast (Any solo events)
Moonlight Magic (I'd love to be adopted!)
And any dinner or Breakfast where there people

Sorry for the blank profile pic and my full name in the Username. It won’t let me change them lol.

Can’t wait to see all y’all!

welcome! I believe you can edit your profile pic after a certain number of posts

I think I got all your info updated to the first page

I am glad to see people are having decent luck getting Free Dining ... seems like in the past the rooms with it attached to it went really fast.

They greatly increased the number of available discounts to get everyone in before GE.

great! I updated the fist page (I assume same dates?)

Yep, Same dates!

We moved to Coronado as well, couldn't overlook free dining with 4 "Disney Adults"! The tower was sold out, but I'm going to keep checking!

Sometimes I feel like I won a lottery....meeting an amazing friend, that is also a Jedi level planner. And Big Al's #1 Pal too! Friend, you have made this a trip that I won't stop talking about for like ten years, thanks to you. Your hard work and skills, are most impressive. I can't believe we will be staying at AKL!!!!! And because of the last DIS event, so anyone out there wondering if they should come, short answer is: YES! Times infinity. My Stay Puft cap is off and tipping at you. Czechplz is a code word for incredible person! Can't wait to meet more friends that end up being family!!!

Just saw this thread - great idea. I'm going, not sure where I'm staying as of yet. Haven't booked anything but I'll definitely read through this and let you know what "official" and "unofficial" events I'll be attending. (probably most if not all - LOL). I plan on going at the very least 8/8 - 8/12 and I may arrive 8/7

*** QUICK NOTE ABOUT DINING EVENTS - ADR DAY COMING SOON! ***

Hi all, as we have now passed the holiday season I thought it made sense to revisit a few things, the first being that we are about 1 month out from being able to make ADRs for early August. As some of the discussed events would require ADRs I wanted to bring this up and start getting more concreted confirmation of interest and discuss who will book and if pre-payment is needed, etc.

Below are the events I see that would have an ADR required along with who expressed interest.

Please let me know if you are still interested and to the point of making an ADR and what day and time, etc.

Hoop Dee Doo Review:
Day & time: Discussed Friday, August 9th for the 8:30pm show (so can use Tables in Wonderland)

Interested:
- @TheMaxRebo and his wife
- @dina444444
- @SG131
- @wnwardii
- @k8Davies
- @PrncessA and family
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @JLoinDisney
- @Ravens girl
- @Sylver
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @1Grumpy9
- @Maytulip32 and her husband
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Disney Springs: part a) Lunch:
Day & time: Discussed Saturday, August 10th - well, lunch, but likely to fit in so people could make a showing of Lion King at the AMC

Interested:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Ravens girl (if at Raglan Road)
- @1Grumpy9
- @hertamaniac
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast
Day & time: unsure (beyond "breakfast")

Interested:
- @afan
- @Sylver
- @115belladonna (good for character or non; breakfast or dinner)
- @Ravens girl
- @k8Davies
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Brunch at the Plaza in MK:
Day & time: Wednesday, August 7th; "brunch" time

This didn't make an official event, but I know @k8Davies you mentioned potential interest in brunch at the Plaza the morning of Wednesday, August 7th - so let me know if you are still interested or if others are interested as well, let me know

*** QUICK NOTE ABOUT DINING EVENTS - ADR DAY COMING SOON! ***

Hi all, as we have now passed the holiday season I thought it made sense to revisit a few things, the first being that we are about 1 month out from being able to make ADRs for early August. As some of the discussed events would require ADRs I wanted to bring this up and start getting more concreted confirmation of interest and discuss who will book and if pre-payment is needed, etc.

Below are the events I see that would have an ADR required along with who expressed interest.

Please let me know if you are still interested and to the point of making an ADR and what day and time, etc.

Hoop Dee Doo Review:
Day & time: Discussed Friday, August 9th for the 8:30pm show (so can use Tables in Wonderland)

Interested:
- @TheMaxRebo and his wife
- @dina444444
- @SG131
- @wnwardii
- @k8Davies
- @PrncessA and family
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @JLoinDisney
- @Ravens girl
- @Sylver
- @1Grumpy9
- @Maytulip32 and her husband
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Disney Springs: part a) Lunch:
Day & time: Discussed Saturday, August 10th - well, lunch, but likely to fit in so people could make a showing of Lion King at the AMC

Interested:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Ravens girl (if at Raglan Road)
- @1Grumpy9
- @hertamaniac
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast
Day & time: unsure (beyond "breakfast")

Interested:
- @afan
- @Sylver
- @115belladonna (good for character or non; breakfast or dinner)
- @Ravens girl
- @k8Davies
- @Kathleen Glasgow

Brunch at the Plaza in MK:
Day & time: Wednesday, August 7th; "brunch" time

This didn't make an official event, but I know @k8Davies you mentioned potential interest in brunch at the Plaza the morning of Wednesday, August 7th - so let me know if you are still interested or if others are interested as well, let me know

We are a definite yes for Hoop Dee Doo :)

I'm definitely interested in Hoop Dee Doo, but I do need to manage to fit two nights in at Epcot for Illuminations and I will only have 5 nights for nighttime entertainment.

We are going to be interested in some of the events but we are total non-planners so there's no way I'm able to tell you in January what we're going to want to have for lunch in August. If that rules us out of the things needing ADRs, I'm okay with that. We'll see you all at some of the other events. We haven't even booked our house/condo yet. We don't typically do that until 2-3 months out from a trip. And we almost never make ADRs. I'm sure we'll be interested in any bar crawl and some of the other more informal stuff. We just don't plan Disney trips anywhere near this far in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter