*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is a bit late, but my wife and I are interested in the below events if there is still room and logistics work out for additional people. We will be at AKL 8/8-8/11.

DVC Moonlight Magic (we are not dvc members)
Pre-party meeting (no lounge preference).

I would try deleting the app and re-installing.

The symptoms that you are describing suggest that you don’t have the latest iOS version installed on your phone. You said you checked for updates, but did that include apple updates as well (Usually visible by clicking “settings” and having a notification at the top)?

Failing that and reinstalling fixing the issue, where did you see no iPhone 6 support? I have not see this and since 6 is supported under iOS 12 I am assuming there should be no compatibility issues. It would also help to go to the app store on your phone to the MDE page. Under “Information” there will be a row for “compatibility” with a drop down arrow. If you click that what does it say?

There should be nothing about your phone model that is causing this. All indications I see are that 6 is supported.

first i turned off my phone (reboot), then i tried the app again - still didn't work..
so then as suggested, i deleted and reinstalled...
fired up the app again....it again refused to open several times..
then seemed to sputter around a bit - regarding notifications...
but then closed again..
on my fifth try, it started working...go figure....

maybe it has to do with how much memory is available on the phone?

whatever, thanks for the tech support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's working now...

though i still might consider getting a new phone..
how terrible is it to switch from iphone to android?

Have they announced the exact date that Beaches and Cream is closing? I know it is "early August" but I didn't see a specific date.

ETA: I did just find one site that says August 5.

when i started booking the ADRs, i saw that beaches and cream is only available to be booked from august 1 through the 5th..
that is, i could book it for the first 5 days of august..
after that, the calendar was grayed out for the rest of august..
so i assume the last day it will be open is the 5th..

as for why we like it?
it has THE best veggie burger on property!!

when i started booking the ADRs, i saw that beaches and cream is only available to be booked from august 1 through the 5th..
that is, i could book it for the first 5 days of august..
after that, the calendar was grayed out for the rest of august..
so i assume the last day it will be open is the 5th..

as for why we like it?
it has THE best veggie burger on property!!
That sounds right.

We used to go there every trip but haven't gone for years. DD is vegetarian and didn't like what she had the last time but maybe their burger is better now. Well we won't be finding out in August as we don't arrive until the 6th. She was upset when they stopped serving normal veggie burgers in the parks, like at Cosmic Ray's. She is not into the spicy black bean burgers and some of the other veggie options.

That sounds right.

We used to go there every trip but haven't gone for years. DD is vegetarian and didn't like what she had the last time but maybe their burger is better now. Well we won't be finding out in August as we don't arrive until the 6th. She was upset when they stopped serving normal veggie burgers in the parks, like at Cosmic Ray's. She is not into the spicy black bean burgers and some of the other veggie options.

i'm also vegetarian, actually pescatarian, since i'll eat fish as well (actually just salmon)....
when i was in IV chemo, i did eat beef a bit (for the sake of my blood counts), but i really don't particularly like it...
so i'm back to vegetarian with some salmon thrown in a few times a week..

we agree with your wife, the veggie burgers they now serve are revolting...
actually, they don't even rise to the level of revolting....
both that horrid vegan burger thing and the felafel burger...terrible, horrible, disgusting, tasteless, dry as sand...

the only two places we've found with good veggie burgers now are the plaza at MK and beaches and cream...
so sad, as before they decided to switch to that disgusting vegan garbage, the veggie burgers were pretty good, including at cosmic rays and other quick service locations...

it's slim pickings for vegetarians these days....
but that's ok, i'm happy with a hot fudge sundae or a chocolate milk shake....hey, i AM on vacation....i'm allowed...

Last edited:
Garden Grill Update
@afan @k8Davies @115belladonna @PamNC @Malia78 @Ravens girl @Kathleen Glasgow

So we have two choices, and we can go with whatever the majority vote is. On Thursday I was able to get a 9 am Garden Grill for 8. I wasn't able to split into 2 parties since there's only one of me on the resort reservation and it doesn't look like there is room for 2 groups of 4 anymore around 8. Keep in mind that Thursday is an EMH morning so an 8 am breakfast wasn't truly PPO. So people could go on a few rides and then go over to breakfast Thursday. OR I was able to get an 8 am on Saturday. So let me know what you prefer.

Garden Grill Update

So we have two choices, and we can go with whatever the majority vote is. On Thursday I was able to get a 9 am Garden Grill for 8. I wasn't able to split into 2 parties since there's only one of me on the resort reservation and it doesn't look like there is room for 2 groups of 4 anymore around 8. Keep in mind that Thursday is an EMH morning so an 8 am breakfast wasn't truly PPO. So people could go on a few rides and then go over to breakfast Thursday. OR I was able to get an 8 am on Saturday. So let me know what you prefer.

Thank you! I'd thought yesterday was the 2nd and was going to message you today. I'm glad you were on top of it :)

The consensus was that Thursday was what worked best for everyone. I didn't realize it was EMH, that actually kind of works I think. Could hit Soarin as a group and then breakfast?

Thank you! I'd thought yesterday was the 2nd and was going to message you today. I'm glad you were on top of it :)

The consensus was that Thursday was what worked best for everyone. I didn't realize it was EMH, that actually kind of works I think. Could hit Soarin as a group and then breakfast?
Sounds good to me! I just wanted to make sure everyone was ok with the time.

**** Hoop Dee Doo Event update *****

Hi All,

For those coming for the Hoop Dee Doo event, I just called Disney Dining to see the best way to book since we are such a bit group, and they said since we have some people with the Disney Dining Plan they could book for everyone and no one would have to pay until we pick up the tickets in August - and at that time we could apply the Tables in Wonderland discount so those paying OOP would just pay the discounted rate.

Given that - @PrncessA would you be willing to call and book for the group? then we can handle the money in August

(unless anyone knows that this is not a true statement)

Below is the list of people coming and we have 3 people with Tables In Wonderland so can cover up to 30 people in total with that (myself, one of my friends, and @wiihoo888

In and paying OOP:
1 @TheMaxRebo
2 TheMaxRebo's wife
3 TheMaxRebo's Friend Erin
4 TheMaxRebo's Friend Erin's Mom
5 TheMaxRebo's Friend Jason
6 TheMaxRebo's Friend Liz
7 @SG131
8 @dina444444
9 @wnwardii
10 @AMusicLifeForMe
11 AMusicLifeForMe's Dad
12 @k8Davies
13 @Vernon Wolfe
14 @Ravens girl
15 @skittles67
16 Skittles67's guest
17 @Maytulip32
18 Maytulip32's husband
19 @wiihoo888
20 wiihoo888's husband
21 @poohj80
22 poohj80"s guest
23 @Tiggerette
24 @gberg
25 @WorldExplorer
26 @PolkaDotPanda
27 PolkaDotPanda's husband
28 @1Grumpy9
29 @Kathleen Glasgow

In and Using DDP:
30 @PrncessA
31 PrncessA's guest 1
32 PrncessA's guest 2
33 PrncessA's guest 3
34 PrncessA's guest 4
35 PrncessA's guest 5

Thanks!!!

I'm good for Soarin and then breakfast !!!

Garden Grill Update

Thursday's time is good for me

Hi All,

For those coming for the Hoop Dee Doo event, I just called Disney Dining to see the best way to book since we are such a bit group, and they said since we have some people with the Disney Dining Plan they could book for everyone and no one would have to pay until we pick up the tickets in August - and at that time we could apply the Tables in Wonderland discount so those paying OOP would just pay the discounted rate.

Given that - @PrncessA would you be willing to call and book for the group? then we can handle the money in August

Below is the list of people coming and we have 3 people with Tables In Wonderland so can cover up to 30 people in total with that (myself, one of my friends, and @wiihoo888

In and paying OOP:
1 @TheMaxRebo
2 TheMaxRebo's wife
7 @SG131
8 @dina444444
9 @wnwardii
10 @AMusicLifeForMe
11 AMusicLifeForMe's Dad
12 @k8Davies
13 @Vernon Wolfe
14 @Ravens girl
15 @skittles67
16 Skittles67's guest
17 @Maytulip32
18 Maytulip32's husband
19 @wiihoo888
20 wiihoo888's husband
21 @poohj80
22 poohj80"s guest
23 @Tiggerette
24 @gberg
25 @WorldExplorer
26 @PolkaDotPanda
28 @1Grumpy9
29 @Kathleen Glasgow

In and Using DDP:
30 @PrncessA
31 PrncessA's guest 1
32 PrncessA's guest 2
33 PrncessA's guest 3
34 PrncessA's guest 4
35 PrncessA's guest 5

Thanks!!!

I just saw this! I booked my party this morning, but I called back to change to 35. There is not enough room for 35 in Cat. 1, but we can be broken down into two parties, some in category 1 and some in catagory 2, the catch is that it does need to be done under 2 names. I am not sure how many people can fit in Catagory 1, I cannot check online without everyone's name and I didn't want to keep the CM until I was sure of the plan. Also, although we are on the DDP, most likely we will be paying for this meal OOP, but booking it under the DDP is the best option. Does anyone else have the dining plan who can book the second set of seats?

Last edited:
I just saw this! I booked my party this morning, but I called back to change to 35. There is not enough room for 35 in Cat. 1, but we can be broken down into two parties, some in category 1 and some in catagory 2, the catch is that it does need to be done under 2 names. I am not sure how many people can fit in Catagory 1, I cannot check online without everyone's name and I didn't want to keep the CM until I was sure of the plan. Also, although we are on the DDP, most likely we will be paying for this meal OOP, but booking it under the DDP is the best option. Does anyone else have the dining plan who can book the second set of seats?

Thanks for calling and checking! No one else indicated they had the DDP when first indicated interest, but maybe someone does have it

Bummer about having to do it under two names (though makes sense) - guess let me know if you need another person to book

Also, if anyone is more ok with being in category 2 (and thus a little cheaper) let us know so we can group people together properly

Garden Grill Update

9am sounds good to me as I can get in a Soaring before getting my eats on :thumbsup2

Hi All,

In and paying OOP:
1 @TheMaxRebo
2 TheMaxRebo's wife
7 @SG131
8 @dina444444
9 @wnwardii
10 @AMusicLifeForMe
11 AMusicLifeForMe's Dad
12 @k8Davies
13 @Vernon Wolfe
14 @Ravens girl
15 @skittles67
16 Skittles67's guest
17 @Maytulip32
18 Maytulip32's husband
19 @wiihoo888
20 wiihoo888's husband
21 @poohj80
22 poohj80"s guest
23 @Tiggerette
24 @gberg
25 @WorldExplorer
26 @PolkaDotPanda
28 @1Grumpy9't h
29 @Kathleen Glasgow

In and Using DDP:
30 @PrncessA
31 PrncessA's guest 1
32 PrncessA's guest 2
33 PrncessA's guest 3
34 PrncessA's guest 4
35 PrncessA's guest 5

Thanks!!!

Yay Thanks for sorting this out - so excited to get my hoop dee do on. party:

***** Disney Tour Update ******

Hi everyone, reaching out to those that indicated an interest in doing a tour A Disney Tour - to see if you are still interested and which one we should target (or could definitely plan more than one if different interests exist)

I know @Gehrig1B mentioned they have already done the Keys to the Kingdom tour and would prefer something else - I was wondering if people would be interested in the Walt Disney: Marceline to magic Kingdom tour. It is similar to the Keys to the Kingdom in that it provides background to the Magic Kingdom and Walt Disney and get some behind the scenes look (dont' want to spoil it if you want to be surprised). It's also a bit shorter and cheaper than the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Only negative is it does start at 8am and need to check in at least 15 minutes early, so makes for an early day

People also expressed interest in one of the tours at Animal Kingdom

Let me know what you all are thinking!

Interested:
- @rchristiansen and husband and daughter
- @dina444444
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @TheMaxRebo and his wife
- @wnwardii
- @Nanb and Melody
- @sbenemerito husband and sons (16 and 13)
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @CynthiaC925
- @pSTANchio and his wife
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @poohj80
- @Gehrig1B and wife (though have already done Keys to the Kingdom, so ideally something else)
- @bartleyosu and husband

***** / Disney Tour Update ******

***** Disney Tour Update ******

Hi everyone, reaching out to those that indicated an interest in doing a tour A Disney Tour - to see if you are still interested and which one we should target (or could definitely plan more than one if different interests exist)

I know @Gehrig1B mentioned they have already done the Keys to the Kingdom tour and would prefer something else - I was wondering if people would be interested in the Walt Disney: Marceline to magic Kingdom tour. It is similar to the Keys to the Kingdom in that it provides background to the Magic Kingdom and Walt Disney and get some behind the scenes look (dont' want to spoil it if you want to be surprised). It's also a bit shorter and cheaper than the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Only negative is it does start at 8am and need to check in at least 15 minutes early, so makes for an early day

People also expressed interest in one of the tours at Animal Kingdom

Let me know what you all are thinking!

Interested:
- @rchristiansen and husband and daughter
- @dina444444
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @TheMaxRebo and his wife
- @wnwardii
- @Nanb and Melody
- @sbenemerito husband and sons (16 and 13)
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @CynthiaC925
- @pSTANchio and his wife
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @poohj80
- @Gehrig1B and wife (though have already done Keys to the Kingdom, so ideally something else)
- @bartleyosu and husband

***** / Disney Tour Update ******
You can take me off the tour interest list.

Well, thanks to the flu, I missed the garden grill solo window. Grrr..

That being said, I’m staying solo at BWV 8/7-12. I’m interested in a bar crawl, pre party meet up at Nomad, moonlight magic and anything for solo travelers. My 180 mark is this Friday so I’m trying to grab some breakfasts since I believe I’ll need to fuel up for this!! Can’t wait to meet folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter