*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast ** Need to pick a day & time :drinking1

@Sylver @115belladonna @Ravens girl @k8Davies @Kathleen Glasgow

Since ADR day is fast approaching and it'll take a bit of time to get everyone's answers I'm posting now :)

@SG131 offered to make the ADR since her trip starts on the 3rd.

I'd prefer a pre park opening or at least the earlier the better so it hopefully won't interfere with any official events that might cause some/all of us to wish for a different time.

Looking at the resort list Thursday, Friday or Saturday should work for everyone (@Diapercat04 your dates weren't on the sticky so I hope one of these works)

The questions -

What is the order of your preference in case people like different days?
Do you have a preference on the time? Early as possible, as late as possible etc?

Right now we have 8 interested. Let us know if you are interested and hadn't said so or if you are no longer interested.

Please respond by Feb 2 since @SG131 's ADR date is Feb 4 so there's enough time for her to find out. Thanks!!

I’d prefer early but am okay with whatever

Garden Grill Solo Breakfast **Update**

We've heard from over half and Thursday PPO has been the most common request which is what @SG131 will aim for. It's day 6 of her trip so I think she'll have pretty good luck.

The yes's are - @SG131, @k8Davies @115belladonna @PamNC @Malia78 @Ravens girl and myself.

Let us know if this works and you want to join because we haven't heard from you yet - @Sylver @Kathleen Glasgow @Diapercat04 We do still need to know by this Sunday the 2nd since her ADR date is the 4th.

We've heard from over half and Thursday PPO has been the most common request which is what @SG131 will aim for. It's day 6 of her trip so I think she'll have pretty good luck.

The yes's are - @SG131, @k8Davies @115belladonna @PamNC @Malia78 @Ravens girl and myself.

Let us know if this works and you want to join because we haven't heard from you yet - @Sylver @Kathleen Glasgow @Diapercat04 We do still need to know by this Sunday the 2nd since her ADR date is the 4th.
oh boy - can't wait

I want join. Happy with Thursday early morning. :)

well, depends on your check in date - I know I can start booking ADRs on Wednesday - so getting very close!

good thing i noticed the posts about the garden grill.....i would have blown right past our ADR day, which for us is tomorrow...
i set up a calendar with my guestimate on which park we'll be at each day..
brainstormed with chani about which places we want and marked it in the schedule so now i just have to try tomorrow to make the ADRs...

i guess it's 6 am eastern time, so that's 1:00 PM my time....i printed everything out and i'll try to get it done on my phone when the appointed hour rolls around...

wow....it's getting really real now.....woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

party:party:

good thing i noticed the posts about the garden grill.....i would have blown right past our ADR day, which for us is tomorrow...
i set up a calendar with my guestimate on which park we'll be at each day..
brainstormed with chani about which places we want and marked it in the schedule so now i just have to try tomorrow to make the ADRs...

i guess it's 6 am eastern time, so that's 1:00 PM my time....i printed everything out and i'll try to get it done on my phone when the appointed hour rolls around...

wow....it's getting really real now.....woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

party:party:

best of luck! Hope you get what you want!

Loving the thread & the fact there are so many different meet ups.
We will be at the Party & it will be our first Dis event. so looking forward to it.
We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary whilst at Disney, so this has fallen perfectly for us.
On the night of the party we will be dining at Jikos fordinner before heading to the party.
We are with 7 other family members who are not going to the party.
So our chances of going to one of the great meet ups that are being arranged is going to be very slim.
But never say die as the say, we may be fortunate to get to one of the meets...

If not looking forward to meeting other DIS fans at the party..

Last edited:
As my ADRs are coming up in a couple of days time - can't believe we're hitting the 180 day mark so exciting - I wanted to confirm the people coming to the MK Plaza Breakfast on Wednesday 7th at around 9.30/9.45 ish (will confirm time after booking) followed by going to The Contemporary to pick up our credentials.

Currently those attending are:
@TheMaxRebo and his lovely wife
@SG131 (who said hi to me on the shows live chat the other week :thumbsup2)
@Malia78

if anyone else wants to join let me know by tomorrow.

So excited, as by the end of next week we have, at least, the dining meet ups all booked up and we can just look forward to attending party:

best of luck! Hope you get what you want!

well of course i completely forgot!!! so typical...but i did eventually remember....
so at 1:30 PM my time (6:30 AM eastern time) i tried to get into my MDE app on my iphone 6.....
and why am i specifying that i have an iphone 6?
because i discovered today that the MDE app no longer works on my phone. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

since i was in a restaurant with DH, i grabbed his iphone X and quickly downloaded the app, logged into my MDE and booked the most critical (LOL) of the ADRs (beaches and cream - and that warrants another LOL)

i completed the rest of the ADRs when i got home after lunch (except for our last day that i'll have to do tomorrow)

DD and DSIL also checked their phones (also iphone6) and it didn't work on theirs either... :eek: :eek: :eek:

so i guess this means that i'll have to buy a new phone before this summer....and that definitely qualifies for a lot of those icons.. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

i hate it when apps are no longer backward compatible....

so......what's it to be? another iphone? android? opinions?

well of course i completely forgot!!! so typical...but i did eventually remember....
so at 1:30 PM my time (6:30 AM eastern time) i tried to get into my MDE app on my iphone 6.....
and why am i specifying that i have an iphone 6?
because i discovered today that the MDE app no longer works on my phone. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

since i was in a restaurant with DH, i grabbed his iphone X and quickly downloaded the app, logged into my MDE and booked the most critical (LOL) of the ADRs (beaches and cream - and that warrants another LOL)

i completed the rest of the ADRs when i got home after lunch (except for our last day that i'll have to do tomorrow)

DD and DSIL also checked their phones (also iphone6) and it didn't work on theirs either... :eek: :eek: :eek:

so i guess this means that i'll have to buy a new phone before this summer....and that definitely qualifies for a lot of those icons.. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

i hate it when apps are no longer backward compatible....

so......what's it to be? another iphone? android? opinions?

I have an iPhone 6 so this scared me! I just checked though and MDE worked for me (it is an iPhone 6 Plus, not sure if that matters) :confused3

I have an iPhone 6 so this scared me! I just checked though and MDE worked for me (it is an iPhone 6 Plus, not sure if that matters) :confused3

all of ours are iphone 6 plus...(except for DH and his iphone X - but he had to buy it a few months back when his iphone 6 plus kept freezing up on him....he uses a lot of phone apps in his work, so he HAD to have a working phone, so i dragged him to the store and made him buy the X...

i wonder if the MDE problem has to do with the carrier we use...

when we try to open MDE, it churns for a while, but never opens, instead throwing us out to the home screen...

we all checked to see if there are any updates we didn't do, but we're up to date

it was very disturbing..

i will buy a new phone, just have to figure out what...

all of ours are iphone 6 plus...(except for DH and his iphone X - but he had to buy it a few months back when his iphone 6 plus kept freezing up on him....he uses a lot of phone apps in his work, so he HAD to have a working phone, so i dragged him to the store and made him buy the X...

i wonder if the MDE problem has to do with the carrier we use...

when we try to open MDE, it churns for a while, but never opens, instead throwing us out to the home screen...

we all checked to see if there are any updates we didn't do, but we're up to date

it was very disturbing..

i will buy a new phone, just have to figure out what...

I would try deleting the app and re-installing.

i'll try doing that

The symptoms that you are describing suggest that you don’t have the latest iOS version installed on your phone. You said you checked for updates, but did that include apple updates as well (Usually visible by clicking “settings” and having a notification at the top)?

Failing that and reinstalling fixing the issue, where did you see no iPhone 6 support? I have not see this and since 6 is supported under iOS 12 I am assuming there should be no compatibility issues. It would also help to go to the app store on your phone to the MDE page. Under “Information” there will be a row for “compatibility” with a drop down arrow. If you click that what does it say?

There should be nothing about your phone model that is causing this. All indications I see are that 6 is supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter